Let’s Dig Deeper into the topic…
Keyboard is one of the most important input devices of a computer system. There are different keyboards designed for carrying out different tasks such as typing, gaming, or normal use. That means some keyboards are so good that you can fall in love with typing. Or, some are so good that you enjoy gaming even more. In this article, we are going to talk about Low Profile Keyboards which is one of the types of keyboards. So, let’s dive deep into it.
Low Profile Keyboards are the keyboards that have a comparatively shorter body and their switches are shorter as well. This type of keyboard either has a short body with regular switches or vice versa. Sometimes, it can also mean both. These keyboards are pretty much similar to the keyboards you find on the laptops especially on the Macbook.
Since the switches have a shorter travel distance time, you may find yourself hitting their keys harder as you have typed on normal keyboards that have comparatively longer travel distance time. But, as you keep using, you get used to the awesome low profile keyboards. They are really good, and in the future, they might be in demand more than ever. Their keycaps are too flat and small which resemble Mac laptops’ keypad.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Best Low Profile Keyboards for 2020-2021?
- 2 What are Low Profile Keyboards?
- 3 10 Best Low Profile Keyboards
- 3.1 MSI Vigor S11-04US232-AP1 Gaming Keyboard
- 3.2 Sharkoon PureWriter TKL RGB Keyboard (Kailh Blue)
- 3.3 Cooler Master Sk-621-Gklr1-US SK621 60% Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.4 Mechanical Keyboard HAVIT Backlit Wired Gaming Keyboard
- 3.5 Logitech G815RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Linear)
- 3.6 CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 RAPIDFIRE Low Profile Keyboard
- 3.7 Cooler Master Sk-650-Gklr1-US SK650 Mechanical Keyboard
- 3.8 Redragon K589 Shrapnel RGB Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3.9 EagleTec KG061-BR Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 3.10 Cooler Plus USB Wired Keyboard
- 4 Conclusion
This keyboard has special membrane switches, which make it easy as well as attractive for the users and if you are a gaming freak, then here is a notable option for the best Low-profile keyboard.
Also, this special membrane helps in enhancing the feel of the switches, by giving them a mechanical look.
Features of MSI Vigor S11-04US232-AP1 Gaming Keyboard:
- 6-region RGB Illumination.
- Special Membrane switches.
- 8 different light effects.
- Ergonomically designed wrist rest.
Pros and Cons of MSI Vigor S11-04US232-AP1 Gaming Keyboard
This keyboard is perfect for a variety of uses and is made up of innovative and mechanical switches, which are preferred by the users. The switches are Ultra-flat and smart, which enhance the experience of speedy typing.
Features of SharkoonPureWriter TKL RGB (Kailh Blue Switch)
- Ultra-Flat Switches
- RGB Illumination of 16.9 Million colours
- Weighs only 503 grams
- Easy to transport
- Actuation point of only 1.5 mm
- Detectable switch and connecting point
- The life cycle of at least 50 Million keystrokes
- A multitude of lighting effects
- Shows individual lights in four different profiles
Pros and Cons of SharkoonPureWriter TKL RGB
It has two keycap sets, which are contoured as well. These allow in getting the perfect fit for the users while typing. The features together surely gets the keyboard in the list of the best low-profile keyboard.
It has reduced travel distance and actuation points, which enable in better typing experience for the users.
Features of Cooler Master Sk-621-Gklr1-US SK621
- Cherry MX Low Profile Switches.
- Two Keycap Sets.
- Contoured and Flat Set.
- Brushed Aluminium Design.
- Slim Top Plate.
- Floating Keycaps.
- Pre-Key backlighting.
- On-The-Fly Controls.
- Real-Time Adjustments.
Pros and const of Cooler Master Sk-621-Gklr1-US SK621
Wanna hear the key sound while typing? Check this out:
It has an Ultra-thin and lightweight design, which is highly preferable by the users. It weighs only 530 grams, which is much lighter than the traditional mechanical keyboards.
Features of HAVIT Backlit Wired Gaming Keyboards
- Latest Kailh Blue Switch.
- 3mm Key Travel.
- Ice Blue LED light.
- Multiple Backlight Modes.
- Driver Free.
- Detachable USB.
Pros and Cons of HAVIT Backlit Wired Gaming Keyboard
It offers speed, accuracy as well as performance, which is exactly of a mechanical switch. It offers a smooth keystroke through the point of actuation. Simple and easy to type and the great switches in the keyboard, this best low-profile keyboard is surely a major boost in the list.
It comes in three options: GL tactile, GL linear and GL clicky.
Features of Logitech G815RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Beautifully Crafted.
- Aircraft-grade aluminium alloy.
- Rigid design.
- Thin but Durable.
- Five dedicated G-keys.
- Additional and dedicated USB cables.
- Logitech G hub software.
- Has Dedicated Media Controls.
Pros and Cons of Logitech G815RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It allows the users to enjoy comfort with a low-profile keyboard. It has a 1.2 mm actuation, which helps in smooth and enhanced typing experiences.
It provides Multicolour pre-backlight with the keyboards.
Features of CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 RAPIDFIRE
- All-day comfort with a low profile.
- Red Mechanical Switches.
- 1.2 Actuation points.
- Fits into modern desktop setups.
- CORSAIR iCue Software.
- Powerful and seamless.
- Vivid RGB lighting control.
Pros and Cons of CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 RAPIDFIRE
This best low-profile keyboard has several keycap sets, which are designed in ways which ensure perfect fit got the user. It has less travel distance and smaller actuation points. These help in better adjustment and usage of the Low-profile keyboards.
Features of Cooler Master Sk-650-Gklr1-US SK650
- Cherry MX Low Profile switches.
- Contoured Switches.
- Has on-the-fly controls.
- Offers real-adjustment controls.
- Provides adjustment for lighting.
Pros and Cons of Cooler Master Sk-650-Gklr1-US SK650
The low profile design of this keyboard helps in most precise and smooth typing for the users. It provides ultra-quick input, which is perfect for typing without any conflicts.
Features of Redragon K589 Shrapnel RGB
- 1.4 mm Redragon Processor.
- 30% lower key height.
- 104 full key designs.
- Programmable Macro Function.
- Dynamic RGB light customisations.
- Less and reduced distance.
- Has no clicky noise.
Pros and Cons of Redragon K589 Shrapnel RGB
It is a mechanical keyboard, which is perfect for gaming. It is designed for longevity and durability. Also, it is highly portable and reliable for continuous use. So, this best Low-profile keyboard would add some of the striking features which would only boost it as essential.
Features of EagleTec KG061-BR Blue LED Backlit
- Mechanical Keyboard.
- Perfect for Gaming.
- Blue LED Backlight mechanical keyboard.
- Ergonomic Keyboard.
- Anti-Ghosting Keyboard.
Pros and Cons of EagleTec KG061-BR Blue LED Backlit
It is a low-profile keyboard which is perfect for precision in typing. It has wired membrane switches, which ensure durability and strength. It can be considered as the best Low-profile keyboard.
Features of Coolerplus USB Wired Keyboard
- Ultra-thin design.
- Enhanced typing experience.
- 12 Multimedia keys.
- 4 Function Keys.
- Plug and Play works.
Pros and Cons of Coolerplus USB Wired Keyboard
Generally, Low Profile Keyboards use Cherry MX Switches, specially the Red. Moreover, the size of Low Profile Cherry MX switches are shorter as you can see in the image below. The low profile Cherry Mx Switches are around 35% less in height than the normal switch.
You can choose from different switch options in Low Profile keyboards because they come into many forms such as Linear, Clicky, and Tactile. These have their own significance.
Here, we have listed the best Low-profile Keyboards which we are sure would be a great choice for ones who are into extensive use of the keyboards. The gamers too would love these keyboards owing to the ease with which one can use them.