Table of Contents
Blocking friends is never good but at times, you get some people that are annoying over chat or calls. Or they start bugging you in the middle of your work. When you are a woman, you will get more people who try to flirt with you over chat. In these kinds of cases, you might need to block those people so that you don’t have to tolerate them. Their message will never deliver to you. So, this is why we need to block someone on Hangout or on any social platform.
At times, you even need to block people on your email because you never know people start bugging you over an email. I generally get a lot of cases where I have to block as I get so many spammers to keep emailing about various stuff, cheap link building offers, and all. I wrote an article “What happens when you block someone Gmail” which you must read to know how you can block and what happens when you block.
But, we are talking about blocking on Hangouts. So what happens when you block someone on Hangout is that their messages or calls will not reach you. Not even you will be able to message them. So, now, let’s talk about how to block someone on Google Hangouts.
- Go to hangouts.google.com.
- Open the chat with the person you want to block.
- Go to the Gear icon, and click on that. Now, you will see the options as shown below:
- Click “Block & Report”, and you will be prompted with this screen.
- Now, as you click “Confirm”, the user will be blocked, and he/she will not be able to message you anymore. Even you cannot message that user as well.
Here you see “Also report” option as well which is given there so that if you want to block someone and report his/her profile, you can just tick that checkbox, and then click “Confirm”.
When you report them, the last 10 messages will be sent to Google so that they will evaluate if that person has done something wrong for which you are reporting. If Google finds that person wrong, the necessary actions will be taken from their side.
- Anyway, coming back to only Blocking for now. As you click “Confirm”, you will see a confirmation message that the user is blocked.
So, this is how to block people on Google Hangouts on PC. Now, let’s see how we can do the same on Phone.
I am using an Android phone, so this is valid for Android phones. However, on other phones as well, the process would be pretty much similar only.
- Launch Google Hangouts App.
- You will see the recent chats.
- Now, tap the one you want to block. For example, I am going to block “Zainil”. So, tap his chat to open it. After opening, you will see three vertical dots. Tap on that, and you will see a few options. There tap “People”.
- Then you will the below screen. Now again click on three vertical dots next to the name.
- Now, you will see this option. Tap “Block” from there.
- Again tap on “Block”.
And, the user will be blocked. So, this is how to block people on Google Hangouts on the phone.
Unlike PC, there is no “Report” option in Hangouts on the phone!
- On Hanougts.google.com, click on three vertical lines in the top-left corner, and you will see this screen.
- Click on “Settings”, and you will see an option “Blocked People”.
- Click on “Blocked People”, and you will see a list of blocked people. Just click “Unblock” next to the person name you want to unblock.
That’s it! This is how to unblock someone on Google Hangouts on PC.
- Go to Google Hangouts app on your phone.
- Blocked person chat will not be seen there. So, tap on the plus icon, then tap “New Conversation”. And, type the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Now, tap the name to open the chat. Once opened, you will see “Unblock” option. Just tap that, and the user will be unblocked.
So, this is how you unblock someone on Hangout on Phone.
As you can see, blocking and unblocking anyone on Google Hangouts is quite easy, and you can do that in a matter of a few seconds. So, this now answers the query “How to block people on Google Hangouts”.
Hope you like this guide. Share your views and ideas in the comments below.