Are you an artist? If yes, then this article can stand out to be one of the most essential and satisfying ones for you. Do not stay bound only within creating your art because you can now exhibit your artistic talent in front of the whole world through various platforms.
Many of you must have indeed opted for DeviantArt to take your art to the next level. But in case, you are listening to it for the first time, we are here to guide you with the details of DeviantArt. We shall predominantly discuss the reasons why you need alternatives for websites like DeviantArt.
What is DeviantArt?
It is a community that primarily helps you to share your artwork with other people. DeviantArt is not truly a platform that builds websites. Rather it is a worldwide community that helps you to showcase your digital or traditional artwork and get appreciation from its 25 million members.
If you are an artist and want to present your talent in front of the world then DeviantArt can prove itself to be one of the best platforms for you. You can make a portfolio of your art through it.
Why Do You Need Alternatives to DeviantArt?
Are DeviantArt alternatives necessary? DeviantArt gained immense fame due to some of the chief reasons. It allowed you to add your portfolio images and that too without investing initially. Its learning approach was tremendously good.
Here are some pros and cons of DeviantArt that would help you judge better.
- It was primarily a promising platform for those who could not showcase their talents due to a lack of financial support.
- Most artists are not concerned about technology. Thus, they require a direct approach for publishing their works and that is where DeviantArt stepped in.
- But gradually there was a decrease in the fame of this community. It lacked some basic features such as designing websites. Designed websites were a piece of attraction for the other artworks.
- Since it was a worldwide community so a large number of malicious content and images were being posted.
- It included nudity images and also images witnessing gore, blood, and intense violence.
Therefore, it was necessary to choose an alternative website like DeviantArt.
Best Alternatives for DeviantArt
Some best-chosen alternative websites influence DeviantArt alternative.
Web designers, typography artists, illustrators, branding designers, and many other artists can showcase their work through Dribbble. It is a bit different from DeviantArt because you need an invitation from someone who is already using Dribbble and then only you can make yourself a member of Dribbble.
- Due to the filtration process done by invitation, there stays no unprofessional employees and workers.
- It achieves a highly positive response from graphic designers.
- Selling your work is also made possible here that also helps you to unlock various exciting features.
- You are also offered design jobs from this website
- Getting into the website is a difficult task even for professional workers as they need an invitation.
- You also need to have a valid membership to post your desired artwork Additionally, you are allowed to take one shot per project which is very limiting. For more shots, you need a subscription.
Both 2D and 3D artwork can be exhibited in CG Society. The latest trends and technologies in the digital world are put forth by it. From finding industry-based news to inspiration for your projects, this platform is perhaps the easiest one to build up your reputation if you are active on a forum.
- Only sign-up is needed and this platform solely motivates the artists.
- It is very user-friendly.
- It is almost devoid of any logo projects and websites.
- It is particularly aligned with digital art.
ArtStation is also a platform for digital artists that focuses primarily on 2D, 3D, and animation-related artworks. After posting your work, you can also receive feedback and can share that work to various social media channels. You can also get career advice, the latest news, and inspiration from other artists through ArtStation.
- It allows you to sell your work and also provides you the opportunity to find your next design work.
- You can also participate in several challenges, qualify for writing blog articles and receive priority support.
- You can even track your visitor’s behavior.
- To receive learning sessions, use 4k images and qualify for writing blog articles
- You need to upgrade to the Plus or Pro plan which can be a bit expensive.
It is not a niche-specific website like DeviantArt. Here, users generally share their ideas with the viewers and are considered a general blogging site.
- It offers freedom for customization.
- It is a quicker way to communicate with your audiences as it allows you the messaging service.
- You can always use Tumblr as a supplement to your portfolio site to gain audiences.
- But using it as your primary portfolio site is not recommended.
Etsy is a platform that supports online marketing. It grew rapidly within the last few years. It attracted audiences chiefly for its handmade items and vintage goods.
- It can only sell handmade items.
- The Etsy market could be saturated.
- It requires some additional financing.
Pinterest is probably the most upvoted site in recent days that contributed largely to the DeviantArt alternative. It has gained immense fame as a source for promoting work and design ideas.
- It provides you with pins based on your interest, largely relatable images to your search.
- It attracts audiences for its algorithm services.
- You should never use Pinterest as a portfolio site whereas using it as a supplement to your portfolio site.
Instagram has grown as the default place to get famous. Though apparently, it looks glitters, it can be terrible by any stretch.
- It is effective for promotion.
- It has a more appealing interface.
- Instagram serves great for travelers.
- It has strict privacy and a lot of effective features.
- You can upload reels to grow your business profile.
- It contains overwhelming advertisements.
- Sometimes it affects people by creating the urge for a fake life.
- Instagram has fewer features on the web.
- It is extremely addictive and has technical drawbacks.
This platform was not built for the English audience and thus stands out to be a unique one. It is nearly hard to ignore due to its rapid growth. It allows you to build your followers and share your talent with other audiences.
- The viewers can rate your work which gets sorted during any search.
- Pixiv is free of cost and full of useful features such as the Livestream tool.
- You can post an image gallery as a single image and is a good choice for anime artists.
- It is hard to navigate as most of the tags are in Japanese. You may not get the exact words in translation.
- It does not allow feedback.
For online art communities, it serves as a special platform. The platform has 37 categories that range from traditional art to modern layouts.
- It possesses a clean and modern layout.
- Skate photography is a common feature here.
- Buying and selling articles are allowed on this site and you receive a share for every sale you make. Moreover, the site does not demand any share of your sale.
- It is not as sophisticated as DeviantArt.
It also attracts a large number of audiences and is a great DeviantArt alternative. It contains mostly digital arts but you can also find traditional arts. It is a fast-growing site and had millions of viewers in the past few years.
- It has a creative section.
- You can witness other’s actions while they are painting.
- You can communicate to the audience by sitting in front of the camera.
- You cannot moderate live streaming content.
- Disturbing, violent, and offensive materials were broadcasted.
Concept Art World
It is one of the largest robust online communities for artworks. It is a combo of online art forums and art classes. Though it is aligned towards digital art, viewers also ask questions from other genres.
- It contains a large number of topics as it has thousands of audiences.
- It provides plenty of job facilities such as jobs from popular art studios.
- The payment is huge as most of them are remote works.
- Though huge, the income here is inconsistent.
- There happens to be an irregular and hectic schedule.
Our Art Corner
It is a very critique and challenging site and is a good replacement for websites like DeviantArt. It serves as a great place where you can share your designs and present them worldwide.
- This platform contains a challenge section which makes it unique.
- Probably the greatest website to check your capability against other competitor artists.
- The challenges sometimes make you more prize-focused rather than making you a true artist.
It is another Japanese artwork-focused platform. PaigeeWorld more or less looks like Pinterest because of the arrangement of the images. It allows you to promote your work among a huge mass.
- It is easy to handle.
- Language is not a barrier for the users of this site.
- It has hashtag features along with other social media options.
- PaigeeWorld is preferred for developing anime drawing styles.
- It contains lots of images that might not go with your workplace.
This fast-growing website is particularly for the users of countries like Russia and eastern Europe. Virgin gives you random drawing ideas and is considered to be the coolest alternative for websites like DeviantArt.
- The language translation is not an issue.
- This does not contain a lot of advertisements.
- Whenever you are experiencing artist’s block, it can come in handy.
- You can easily navigate it and also make bookmarks.
- It works even without the internet.
- Pop-up ads are an issue here.
- The ideas are not highly appreciated by everyone.
World’s largest creative network website which allows you to showcase creative works. Behance especially focuses on displaying works.
- It is best for graphic design, photography, portfolio projects, and web designs.
- It is included in the adobe family.
- It has no restrictions.
- Behance allows you to create your custom URL.
- You cannot add cover letters or attach any additional files.
- One of the most costly job boards for creative projects.
It is a good DeviantArt alternative. It is perfect for chatting due to its forum-centric design. It allows both 2D and 3D digital arts.
- It is the best learning place for digital art.
- The technical talk session of this website is an extraordinary section.
- Polycount repetitively offers contests.
It is one of the most robust sites that greatly influences the DeviantArt alternative. From presenting your digital artworks to help you as a reference guide, it is truly appreciable.
- The shop is beneficial for the expansion of your guides.
- It focuses mainly on sketching tools, anatomy figures, and magazines.
- It contains free tutorials and textures.
- It has a restricted build size.
- 3DTotal also encompasses copyright issues.
Art web is the technical side that helps you to set up an online gallery. It also lets you craft your artistic identity. Buying and selling artworks is also available through this site.
- You don’t need to know anything about search engines or HTML.
- It provides numerous free websites for your artwork.
- Selling online prints is made easy here.
- The design is minimalist and clean.
- It is a professional website and can be a bit problematic for beginners.
It serves as a legit alternative platform for websites like DeviantArt. Buying and selling options are available. They offer services to produce art websites with e-commerce specifications.
- It allows you to improve your skills.
- The artmajeur provides perfect criticism for the artworks.
- You can sell artworks with the help of print-on-demand.
- This website demands 10% as commission from your selling products.
This online website helps you to market your artwork. It is probably a good choice as a DeviantArt alternative. They offer both free and paid accounts.
- Best website for landscape photographers, sensual works, and shoot models.
- It allows you to join groups and comment on other artworks.
- 500px primarily aims for users only having photography skills.
- You can upload only 10 pictures per week for free.
Thus, now you are aware of the pros and cons of the best alternatives for websites like DeviantArt. You are also known to the fact why you require apps that act as a DeviantArt alternative. Choose the best one for yourself and showcase your artworks online.