In Twitch, clips are short video clips that users can create and share from live streams or VODs (Video on Demand). These clips capture memorable moments or highlights from a streamer’s broadcast and are typically around 5 to 60 seconds in length. Clips are often created by viewers or fans of a streamer who want to share a particularly funny moment with others. It can be thought of as a counterpart to reels in TikTok, Instagram, and shorts on Youtube, etc. Sometimes, you may want to delete some of your clips from Twitch. In this article, I am going to explain how to delete clips on Twitch.
What Are Twitch Clips?
Twitch clips are like short cutouts of a particular live stream. It serves the purpose of Youtube Shorts, TikTok, and Insta Reels or Snaps on Snapchat. It often stirs and becomes a medium of exchange of thoughts, opinions, and ideas via multimedia platforms. It is made with the same philosophy that shorts, snaps, and reels were made, making things digestible and short in format and thus making them easily consumable by fans.
How to Make Twitch Clips?
- In order to make Twitch Clip, you need to select the clip icon.
- Then adjust the timeline as per convenience. See 1 of IMG-A.
- Then add the title as per your liking. See 2 of IMG-A
- Lastly, click on Publish to extract the clip. Each clip can only be made not greater than 60 seconds. See 3 of IMG-A.
How to Delete Your Twitch Clips?
To delete a clip on Twitch made by you, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Twitch website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Creator Dashboard” by clicking on your profile picture in the top-right corner and selecting “Creator Dashboard” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Creator Dashboard, click on the “Content” tab. See 1 of IMG-B.
- You should see a section called “Clips.” Click on it to view your clips. See 2 of IMG-B.
- Now you will see a list with checkboxes. See 3 of IMG-B.
- To delete the clips, open the clip above the clip you will see a trash icon. See 4 of IMG-B.
- There will be a dialog box appearing with a ‘delete’ option, you need to click it.
- There will be two options called Clips I’ve created and Clips of My Channel. See 5 and 6 of IMG-B, this choice helps you to sort clips created by you and clips sent to you. Preferably select the options beforehand before deleting clips if that is the preliminary requirement.
How to delete Clips on Twitch on phone?
Twitch still does not have a creator dashboard for its users on its phone app. However, you can access it via the website and try deleting it.
Can I edit Twitch clips on my phone?
You cannot edit Twitch clips on the phone because the Twitch app does not have a creator dashboard.
Why can’t I create a clip?
- The creators of the account can decide who stays in the account and who does not. So, they can choose to not allow for clip-making rights of yours.
- At 1:30 am, if you make any clip then there can be technical issues in processing VOD.
- The same goes if an error occurs it might mean a server outage.
- This can be also due to the creator completely disabling making clips on any of her streams.
In this piece, I have mentioned all the important aspects of how to delete Twitch content in the form of clips. I have provided you with a context on the deletion and a proper understanding of Twitvh clips: what are clips? How to make them? How to modify them and the problems that occur with them? This should be enough to solve any error that you might be facing.