As most people worldwide are adapting to new, digital ways of doing things, software applications are also evolving to fit into this new trend. One practice that seems to take flight among people sharing information is converting files to PDF.
Table of Contents
In particular, converting an image to PDF comes with benefits, including smaller file sizes, higher resolution, and improved compatibility for easy sharing. Modern images usually have large sizes, which you can cut by simply converting photos to PDF. Once their sizes have been reduced, you can easily share your pictures.
Plus, images in PDF format have a higher resolution. This is because when you convert images to PDF, their sizes are reduced, but their pixels remain the same.
Aside from lowering file sizes and providing a higher resolution, converting an image to PDF makes it easy for you to share documents. Instead of searching through JPG files, your recipients can just view all the photos in PDF format.
You can even start a beautiful photo album with your PDF files and then share it with family and friends. There’s nothing more delightful than using PDF to build memories and save them online.
Thus, the PDF format is quite useful to companies that need to send files with multimedia and to those who work on photos. Read on to learn how you can convert JPG to PDF online for free.
Convert JPG To PDF Online For Free
Create a Design for Conversion
Digital designs are often made using various software applications that will save the image as a JPG file. Unfortunately, some platforms can make photos seem distorted or out of proportion. This is often the case when saving images from an email.
To prevent a poor resolution, designers convert images in JPG format to PDF before sending them. Before the conversion, the JPG file is saved on a device and then detected and imported by an online application.
Open Foxit in your browser
Once you’ve got a design ready, you can open the PDF software, Foxit, on your browser to continue with the conversion process. Online converter tools like Foxit are a handy tool to have. They’re even free—you don’t have to spend a dime to convert your files.
Another highlight of this tool is that it offers a quick conversion. You only need to wait for a few minutes for the results after loading a file into the system. And the quality of your file is retained.
What’s also great about using the tool is that you don’t have to download or install it. So, whenever you want to convert files, you can just visit the website.
You can check out reliable sources like this video to have a better idea of how else an online converter tool works.
- Drag and drop or select files: Since Foxit features a user-friendly interface, you won’t have to deal with complicated steps. All you have to do is drag and drop the JPG file to the box on the screen or make a quick selection before beginning the conversion.
Moreover, clear on-screen instructions make the platform more accessible for everyone. In fact, it’s so easy to use that you just have to click with your mouse, and then your photos will be converted successfully.
- Click ‘start conversion’: Selected files will appear one after the other on a list below the box where the selection takes place. Check all the file names to ensure that they’re there before moving on to the next step of the process, which is clicking the ‘start conversion’ button.
- Wait for the app to finish: Depending on the number of JPG files selected for conversion, Foxit could take a few seconds to convert all of them. While your files are being converted, don’t close your browser or open a new page on the same tab, as this may hinder the process. Just sit back, relax, and wait until a pop-up screen shows up, announcing that the conversion is successful.
- Click ‘download your file’: After the pop-up screen appears, click the words ‘download your file’ for the application to save the PDF files in the downloads folder of your device. Some browsers will show the download in progress whereas others will notify you of new files downloaded.
To find the newly converted files, click the download log of the browser and then ‘open file’ or check the downloads folder for the content.
- Save the file and rename it: Your downloads folder on your device may contain a lot of files. To make it easier for you to look for your converted documents, rename them right away after conversion. Add suitable file names and then save them to a different location.
- Send the new PDF file: Images in JPG format tend to lose their quality every time someone opens, edits, and saves them, according to Lifewire. Thus, it’s better to convert them to PDF, especially if many people need to view them and provide feedback.
Although JPG images still retain their quality when you add them to websites or other projects, it’s still safer to go with PDF format, particularly if you work as a graphic designer or an artist. JPG images can easily be revised, and they lack electronic footprint of any modifications made. So that means your photos can be stolen and that you may lose your compensation or credit for your work.
However, if you convert your images to PDF, you can prevent changes or restrict the ability of any user to edit your PDF file. Though you can use PDF editors to edit your files, you’ll be able to track the changes since the software leaves a footprint.
You can even set a password to protect your PDF files to keep anyone from converting them to a different format, copying or printing them, as well as editing or altering them.
But if your PDF file is password-protected with only reading restrictions applied, a malicious user can still open it, change it back to JPG format, and alter it. So, it’s not enough to just set reading restrictions.
To prevent unauthorized access to your work, you need to take all security measures that the PDF format is equipped with by applying modification, printing, and reading restrictions.
Using Foxit to convert JPG to PDF doesn’t just give your images a better resolution but also protects them from unauthorized users. What’s more, an online converter tool like this is easy to use.