If you are looking to buy a device or product on Amazon, you would have witnessed a reference to Renewed Item. What does renewed on Amazon mean? Let us explore the intricacies of what does renewed mean on Amazon.
What Does Renewed Mean on Amazon?
Amazon Renewed is an option offered to Amazon sellers to allow them to sell their refurbished, preowned, and open-box products at a discounted price. However, Amazon does take enough care to ensure that the product is in like-new condition.
If you wonder what Amazon is renewed, it is an exclusive program offered to the sellers on the E-Commerce portal. However, if you want to qualify as the Amazon refurbished seller, you need to satisfy a few preconditions. First, your brand should meet the Amazon performance bar. They will be tested and certified to look like and work as new. A few of the requirements would include the complete diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, complete cleaning, and repackaging when needed.
What Products Qualify for the Renewed Tag?
Having understood what refurbished means on Amazon, it should be noticed that you can find the renewed on Amazon available on a few select products only. The select list of the options can include:
How Can You Qualify for Amazon Renewed Program?
If you want to be qualified for the Amazon renewed program, you are expected to meet a few preconditions and requirements. Let us analyse those requirements for a better understanding here:
- You need to be a registered Amazon seller. If you are not a seller already, you can register yourself.
- You will also need to have a business email address, a credit card, a government ID, tax information, a phone number, and a bank account. You may also join the Amazon Brand registry.
- Make sure that you meet the minimum criteria for becoming an Amazon renewed seller. You should not have an Order Defect rate of more than 0.8%.
- Apply for the Amazon Renewed product/program. Once you have become an Amazon seller and have qualified to become a qualified Amazon renewed seller, you can apply for becoming the Amazon Renewed seller. You can get more details on how to apply on the official program website
- That does it! Once you are qualified and approved for the program, begin selling your Renewed on Amazon program.
What are the Benefits Offered by Amazon Renewed Program?
The Pros offered by the Amazon Renewed program can include a few of the following factors:
- The Amazon renewed program is an exclusive program for the Amazon sellers, and you will find it offer you a great degree of experience
- It is less competitive and offers you a high degree of opportunity for selling your products.
- It can reach completely new demography of consumers. It can be an excellent option for those of the consumers who cannot buy the product for the full price
- The products come with a 90-day guarantee.
The Cons of Amazon Renewed Program
The benefits outlined above apart, the Amazon renewed program also comes with a few of disadvantages. Some of the disadvantages that you stand to gain would include:
- It can harm your brand image if the product being sold as renewed does not meet the customer expectations.
- Luxury items may receive a dent in their sales, and a few of the brands may not be willing to see their products being marked as refurbished.
- The renewed and new products appear together in the search results. You need to ensure that consumers can differentiate between the renewed and new products
- The renewed products can also give rise to a massive degree of arbitrage. The arbitrage sellers may buy a vast number of products of the discount is too steep, and thus cause an issue for the new product.
Is Amazon Renewed a Reliable Option?
The Amazon Renewed program comes to you with a minimum of 90 days of guarantee. That would mean if your product malfunctions and stops working as intended, you will either get a refund or a replacement. However, please note that you need to check the information on the guarantee clearly mentioned on the website for the product. Make sure that you read the note – Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
What is the difference between Amazon Renewed and Second-hand products?
Here are the differences that you would find quite essential and essential:
|Factors||Renewed Amazon Product||Second Hand or Used products|
|Testing and certification by the professionals||Yes||No|
|Appears and works like new||Yes||No|
|Offers you all the accessories||Yes, in most of the cases||Not necessarily|
|Warranty availability||Yes, a minimum of 90 days||No|
Why Should You Buy the Refurbished Product?
If you buy the Amazon refurbished product, you stand to gain a wide range of reasons. First, you would save enough money and get access to a fully functional product. Second, since the sellers cannot list the product as new and thus they will need to offer a lower price. You would also be assured that your product has gone through the stringent quality screening and tests mandated by Amazon. That would ensure that your product is completely safer and devoid of any defects.
The refurbished product comes with a warranty, just like the new product. So if your device develops any issues, you can be assured of getting your money back.
The Closing Thoughts
Whether you are an Amazon seller or an Amazon customer, you would find the Amazon renewed product to be one of the excellent options ever. The products listed on the Amazon Renewed program go through a stringent testing process and meet most of the needs you would want to go with. You will find the options offered by the service an excellent option for getting the best products at a highly discounted pricing.