There are plenty of options when it comes to software to use with a Cricut Maker. However, The Software Design Space surely tops the charts. To ensure the proper working of these software tools, it is essential to consider several factors before buying the best laptop for Cricut maker.
A Cricut Maker is likely to be a crucial element of your workflow if you cut a lot of material for any kind of craft. It’s only logical that you’d want to make sure you’re using one of the laptops compatible with Cricut maker. At the most basic level, your laptop must fulfill Cricut’s Design Space software’s system requirements.
The good news is that you don’t need the most up-to-date and expensive computers to operate a Cricut. That means you can work with the cheapest laptop for Cricut makers, provided it has the specifications which the software needs. However, newer gadgets can help you get more out of your machine.
In this article, I have compiled a list of the laptops compatible with cricut makers for various budgets, along with advantages and disadvantages for each. But before that, you can also check out the factors you must consider before getting the best laptop for cricut maker.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Laptops for Cricut Maker
While there are tons of laptops, you would want the best laptop for cricut makers.
For the cheapest laptop for cricut maker, it is imperative to know that you will need a Windows laptop or a MacBook. Chromebooks – or any other Unix/Linux laptop for that matter – are incompatible. Always make sure to select the best computer or laptop for such softwares. You can also get to know a lot by discovering the full list of Cricut system requirements for Windows and Mac.
To help you make a much wiser purchase, I have listed down a few factors you must consider before buying a good yet the cheapest laptop for cricut maker.
Type of laptop
The first and foremost step would be to choose amongst the laptops compatible with cricut maker. It is important to know your requirements and needs before buying anything. The type of Cricut Maker’s operating system is the first thing to consider. The good thing is that you can use it with both Windows and Mac iOS. However, as mentioned earlier, your cricut maker software would not work on Chromebooks or Linux. Therefore, the type of laptop which is compatible with the software should always be a priority.
The CPU is said to be the brain of a computer; therefore it is important for working smoothly with the Cricut maker. You’re free to use the Intel dual-core laptops. The i5 performs admirably in this regard. It is also true that users may perform similar tasks on an AMD Ryzen 5 processor. However, the choice is for you to make.
The best laptop for cricut makers is the one which has substantial RAM. Using a large amount of RAM allows you to work swiftly. You might want to go with a minimum of 4GB or 8GB. You may expect faster performance when you use more RAM, and your laptop can also run many applications simultaneously.
Another important factor to consider when purchasing a laptop is its battery life and performance. It is critical to ensure that the laptop you are considering purchasing is equipped with a battery life of at least 6 hours. So always check the specifications and battery capacity. If you are willing to spend more, you can get much better laptops with great battery backups.
Finally, price is another factor to consider before purchasing the laptop. If you want the cheapest laptop for cricut makers, you must define your budget and look for options in the given price range.
This is not just for the laptops compatible with cricut makers, but for all devices in general. The thumb rule with technology is – higher the warranty, the better the purchase. Therefore, make sure to purchase a laptop that has a minimum warranty of 1 year.
Best Laptop For Cricut Maker
Now that you know the factors you should consider before splurging on a laptop, you might want to know the best laptop for cricut maker. Here are a few options for you to consider –
HP Pavilion 15 Laptop
For the Cricut Maker, the HP Pavilion 15 is the finest laptop. However, before coming to any conclusions, you must pay some attention to its specifications.
- This is a ready-to-use armoured knight with an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 1165G76-core processor that runs at up to 4.7 GHz.
- You’ll also receive the latest fast 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM, as well as a massive 512GB PCIe SSD storage.
- The laptop comes with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, which is sure to impress you. HDMI, USB Type-C, and SD card readers are just a few of the connections available.
- latest powerful processor
- Good RAM
- Long-lasting battery
- Its dual-fan feature keeps it cool.
- Good audio and display
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
For Cricut users, the Acer Predator Helios 300 is the ideal laptop. It is one of the few laptops that can handle many tasks flawlessly. You are free to download as much software or games as you like. It simply does not slow down.
If you look through any internet list, it will undoubtedly be in the review. However, we did our homework and have made a list of its specifications:
- Its unique features include an Intel Core i7-7700HQ Hexa-Core processor<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>, 16GB RAM, and 256GB SSD storage.
- The laptop has a massive display that displays beautiful graphics. It has a 1920×1080 resolution, which is quite impressive.
- It has a variety of connecting choices, including HDMI, USB Type-C, SD card reader, and so on.
- This laptop is designed solely for gaming and high-end apps, so don’t expect a lot of battery life.
- Fast performance.
- It features a metal chassis and is quite heavy.
- The amount of memory and storage capacity available is astounding.
- High level of connectivity.
- Its dual-fan cooling system keeps it cool.
- The battery life is relatively low.
Acer Aspire 7 Laptop
Acer has sealed the deal in this area, as in the eyes of Cricut designers, this laptop is out of this world. It features all of the requirements you’ll need to work with the Cricut Maker and Explorer.
- The monitor is huge and provides you with clear graphics. It has an Intel Core i7-8705G processor and an AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics card.
- Aside from that, the device boasts a magnificent memory of 16GB RAM and a massive storage capacity of 512GB SSD.
- The advantage of this laptop is that it is future-proof, and you can use it for more than simply Cricut cutting.
- According to us, it has upgraded features such as fingerprint technology, sumptuous stereo speakers, and a digital microphone.
- The unit’s design is also excellent, with a sleek and durable material. You may use the device to play video games. It comes with a Type-C USB port for lightning-fast data transmission when live streaming games.
- Powerful GPU.
- Light in weight
- Good memory and storage.
- The connectivity is exceptional for users.
- Battery life is low
HP Stream 14
With several fantastic features, the HP Stream 14 is the overall best laptop for Cricut makers. This laptop is noted for its excellent performance as well as its attractive look. For better use and portability, this HP Stream laptop can be folded into several orientations. It has the following specifications:
- It has a 14-inch HD IPS TrueLife LED-Backlit display with wide viewing angles.
- Smooth performance is ensured with a powerful Intel Celeron N4000 CPU that can be upgraded to 2.6GHz.
- The illuminated keyboard makes it possible to work in low-light environments and is modified to match your unique needs.
- The integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics card adds even more to the list of functions. For games, apps, films, and other applications, this graphics technology offers excellent image quality.
- It also has an infrared camera that interacts with “Windows Hello” to swiftly and securely log you in using facial recognition.
- Other communication options include 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 802.11ac wifi Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4 & 5 GHz, and others.
- The battery lasts for about 7 hours on one single charge.
- A slim look
- Its compact size makes it simple to carry; work on the go is possible.
- The Cricut comes at a reasonable price.
- Exceptional app performance
- Low usage of electricity
- For better visual and graphical optimization, a 14-inch diagonal HD SVA display is used.
- Plastic build
- No optical drive
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
When talking about the best laptop for Cricut makers, Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Carbon surely tops the charts. The laptop has an ultra-slim and light design. It has the following features and specifications:
- It offers a 14-inch HD flat-screen with anti-glare IPS that provides excellent image and clarity. The Intel Core i7 processor is ideal for high-performance computing.
- It contains 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage space.
- It is pretty light, weighing only 2.4 pounds. It’s light in weight and portable.
- The device has a lot of connectivity options, including two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, and a micro-SD slot. WLAN, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity are all included as well.
- Portable and not weighted
- Good required performance
- The keyboard is ergonomic and flexible.
- Good storage space.
- A very good battery life
- Relatively costly
We all wish to have the best laptop there is. However, someone who works excessively on cricut maker software must purchase from one of the laptops compatible with Cricut maker. In today’s day and age, where we are flooded with options, we should get the best laptop for Cricut maker by carefully analyzing all the buying factors to make a smart and wise purchase.