Do you know that 3.2 billion users on the Internet use Chrome as their search browser?
However, only a few know that their online activities on Chrome are monitored by Google and your ISP. It does not provide the privacy you need for surfing.
However, in this article, you can keep your online experience secure and private by learning how to hide IP addresses on Chrome. So, that you can surf the web anonymously.
Why Hide Your IP Address on Chrome?
Before exploring the methods, it’s essential to know why hiding your IP Address on Chrome matters. Your IP (Internet Protocol) is a unique identifier that could display your geographical area and provide insights into your online activities.
By altering your IP on Chrome, you can have the following:
You can preserve your online activities on Chrome private by hiding your IP address. It prevents Google websites, advertisers, and even your internet service company (ISP) from monitoring your behavior and building a profile about you.
Keeping your IP address hidden, makes it difficult for hackers and malicious entities to target you. Your real IP can be exploited for cyberattacks, but overlaying it with a VPN or proxy provides protection.
Some online content and services are reachable in unique geographic regions. By hiding your IP and adopting one from a different vicinity (like any other nation), you may get access to geo-restricted content. For example, if a website has some info that I need but is not available in my country. But, it is available in Germany. So, being in the US, where the site is blocked, I can just use a VPN server and connect to the internet via a German VPN server. It will get me access to that website in seconds. This way, I can access geo-restricted content because VPN hides my real IP and use the IP that I select for browsing purpose.
In countries with strict internet censorship, hiding your IP address assists you in accessing blocked websites that would otherwise be unavailable.
Covering your IP can be an essential step for you if you value online anonymity. It allows you to discover the internet without revealing your location or identification.
How to Hide IP Address on Chrome?
You can easily alter or hide your IP Address by following the below easy four ways to do it:
The most secure and dependable way to change your IP address is by using a VPN. VPNs encrypt your net traffic and course it through servers in distinct places, overlaying your genuine IP.
Here’s how to use a VPN with Chrome:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN carrier (the one that offers a no-log policy, internet kill switch, 256-bit AES Encryption, and compatibility over multiple devices).
- Download and set up the VPN utility for your tool.
- Launch the VPN software and connect with a server in your favored region, which will trade your IP address.
- Once connected, all your online activities in Chrome will be routed via the VPN server, efficiently hiding your IP.
- Check if your IP is hidden or not on What is My IP.
Chrome browser extensions could help disguise your IP address, but remember that these extensions may not provide the same degree of security as a VPN. One example is “Hotspot Shield VPN Free Proxy”
Here’s a way to use it:
- Get to the Chrome Web Store.
- Navigate and install the “Hotspot Shield VPN Free Proxy” extension.
- Tap on the extension icon in your Chrome browser and allow it.
- You’ll then be connected to one of Hotspot Shield’s proxy servers, which will conceal your IP address even while surfing.
You can use web proxy services immediately from your Chrome browser to briefly cover your IP with websites like hide. I offer proxy offerings.
Simply go to this kind of website and observe their instructions to use their proxy servers.
The Tor (The Onion Router) browser is another anonymous browsing alternative. It routes your net traffic through a community of volunteer-run servers, making it challenging to trace your IP address.
Download and use the Tor browser alongside Chrome for extra safety.
Does Incognito Mode Conceal Your IP?
No, Incognito mode doesn’t hide your IP address. Incognito mode, also called private surfing, is a characteristic of web browsers like Google Chrome.
It generally specializes in enhancing privacy for the duration of your surfing consultation by preventing the storage of your surfing history, cookies, and location data on your device. However, it doesn’t hide your IP address. You need a VPN or proxy server to hide your IP address.
Can I Conceal My IP Address Without Cost?
There are free VPN servers and internet proxies available that can help you hide your IP address without the cost. But, when it comes to encryption, free ones might not have that level of encryption and security. Also, free Proxy and VPN servers are very slow. Thus, you can’t use them for professional use.
Premium VPN software offers higher security, safety, and overall performance.
How Can I Hide My IP on Mobile While Using Chrome?
To hide your IP on a cell device while the usage of Chrome, Here’s how to do it:
- Download a reputable VPN app on your cellular tool (Android or iOS).
- Install and open the VPN app.
- Connect to a VPN server of your preference to conceal your IP. Many VPN vendors have dedicated apps for cell gadgets.
- Some VPN companies provide Chrome extensions that can be used on your cellular browser. Install the extension, login to your VPN account, and spark off it while browsing Chrome.
- Some proxy services provide devoted cellular apps that could hide your IP. You can download and use those apps to change internet traffic through their servers.
- You can also use an incognito mode on Chrome to keep your activity private.
- For iOS, you can even choose to use the Safari browser for more safety.
Is it Secure to Use the Tor Browser to Hide Your Chrome IP?
Using the Tor Browser to hide your IP address affords an excessive degree of anonymity by routing your net traffic through a network of volunteer-operated servers.
It’s an open-supply and privacy-centered tool that defends your online privacy and conceals your IP.
This makes it suitable for services where anonymity is a top precedent, including access to the dark web or evading online surveillance.
However, it comes with slower surfing speeds and won’t be the great desire for obligations that require faster connections.
While the Tor Browser offers full-size privacy advantages, using it responsibly and for valid purposes is essential.
Engaging in illegal stuff on the darknet or using the Tor network for malicious reasons is against its supposed use.
Hide Your IP Address and Take Control of Your Online Life
Hiding your IP address is simple but most effective for keeping your online activities private. With this guide, you have learned how to hide your IP address on Chrome through VPN, Web browser proxy, Tor, and Chrome’s built-in extensions.