Let me ask you a question- what is Google for you? I hear some of you saying “it’s a search engine”, “it gives me my answers”, and “I can virtually find anything over it.” Here’s my thing, we are on the same page! :-D. But, do you know all the secret Google facts? I bet. 😛 To be honest, there are many facts yet to be discovered by us.
I recently checked an Infograph about facts of Google, where I was amazed reading some fascinating facts of Google. So, without further delay, let me welcome you to the giant world of Google! 🙂
Interesting Facts About Google:
- Google has indexed as many as 50,000,000,000 Web pages since 2008.
- Google lets you set up the home page in 88 different languages that include as diversified languages as Urdu, Latin, and Klingon etc.
- The “Did you mean….” feature introduced by Google is responsible for taking its all over search traffic to an entirely new level. Google’s traffic instantly got doubled.
- Google’s home page was kept bare because the founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, couldn’t deal with HTML and therefore, they wanted an easy interface.
- Google now runs on the foundation of Python, C++, Java, and very recently Go. The development is mainly handled by the employees of Google.
- Each day Google processes and provides around 1,000,000,000,000,000 bytes of information that is simply an incredibly overwhelming data to put your minds in. The statistics also indicate that almost each person who uses Internet gets his or her hands on Google at least once.
- Google was named “Google” accidentally by the original founders. They wanted to name the search engine as “Googol,” but instead they committed a spelling mistake that gave them the name “Google.”
- The number of daily visitors using Google is 620 million.
- A person would require nearly 95,116 years to search a Web page into Google’s 50 million Web pages manually at the rate of one page per one minute.
- The not so popular “I feel lucky” button is seldom used by the users of Google. In fact, its usage is next to negligible. However, the Google experience declined when the feature was removed in trials. Users didn’t really want it to be removed. Since, it looks like one comfort button.
- Before getting launched all over for public, Gmail was used internally for two years. This was done to match up the needs of every type of user. It was observed that there are primarily six types of users who use email. So, Gmail was designed as per the requirements of all those six types of users.
- Google holds the greatest number of translators in the world.
- The first ever Google storage was made from LEGO. In the year 1998, Sergey Brin and Larry Page were PhD students at Stanford working on their Digital Library Project. They required great storage space for testing PageRank algorithm. At that time, the greatest hard drives were of 4 GB space, so they took 10 of them and assembled into a low-cost cabinet made of LEGO.
- The first ever tweet on Twitter from Google was “I’m 01100110 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011 01111001 00001010,” which means I’m feeling lucky in terms of binary code.
- In February, 1999, the first ever snack that was ordered into the Google office was the chew candy known by “Swedish Fish.”
- The YouTube cofounder Steve Chen met the executives of both Google and Yahoo. The meeting took place over mozzarella sticks in Palo Alto. Google outbid Yahoo and grabbed the YouTube deal in its favor.
Well, these were some untold facts of Google from my end. How about you? What would you like to share some more interesting facts of Google?
Amazing Google stats and Facts Zainil 🙂
Thanks for sharing these interesting Google truths with useful Inforgraph for us!
I got stumbled with the daily visits of Goolge, wanna have same for my blog 😛
Even if we get 1% of the daily traffic of Google, still then we could become the richest Indian blolggers! 😀 😀
Truly amazing …..
I was only aware of the fact about the naming of Google ! A nice share Zainil 🙂
Initially when I had heard that Google was a spelling mistake & the true name was Googol, I thought that what I was reading was a rumor; but later realized that even a spelling mistake can have a fame in name! 😎
Do you know Google Hired goats to clean it’s main campus.
You heard right, goats. They leave goats to graze at their HQ, they do not use any machine to maintain peace.
OMG.. Google’s management is so cautious about conversation of nature ! ! ! The team Google has got true brains – hats off to this idea of getting goats to clean the campus ! ! 😎
All facts are good but some are unbelievable like 88 different languages, 9th one almost all of these it’s awesome great job. Thanks for sharing .
Amazing post bro… Truly Fantastic..
Google has a very important value with respect to the view we bloggers have. I am feeling lucky to read this post 😛 😛
Thanks for sharing .
I Never know these facts. now only came to know after reading the post. what a great info shared here Zainil. Liked all but 15th is good one as I am a big foodie.
Glad to e-meet a foodie online; however I am a vegetarian, thus the 15th point din’t please em much! 😛
Just Awesome I Really Like That Facts About Google.! Nice Share Bro 😀
[email protected]: You have made a good list by taking the majority of the facts related to Google. But in my opinion you have some missed some other important points. i.e. Google is the owner and provide of many useful service that is necessary for every humane being. Soem of them are:- Feedburner, Android, Gmail, YouTube, GO language is discovered by Google and most recently Nokia..
Truly amazing. God sake, till the date me too also don’t know these google facts.
Thanks for share buddy.
Great posts! Here is a few scary ones to add to the list:
– Google has the right to store any information about your searches and sell it to advertisers.
– With its new privacy laws, Google monitors you across the Internet & knows the sites you visit & when.
– Google tracks your searches on your computer when you’re not logged in for up to six months.
I’ll end with a quote from Eric Schmidt, CEO at Google:
“We don’t need you to type at all. We know where you are. We know where you’ve been.”
Now, that’s scary.
We know where you are. I’ll end with a quote from CEO at Google
With its new privacy laws
Great and interesting facts on Google Zainil. How did you ever find out about the first snack ever ordered from their garage? I didn’t realize about the 88 different languages on home pages either. Great info, thanks for sharing.
Really nice facts about Google, surprised to hear that I Feel lucky is used as a comfort button. But nowadays who cares even the search button cos as soon as you enter a text the page starts showing results even before we hit enter. May be we need to try this I feel Lucky in IE to know what exactly happens…
Thanks for this post Atish…
Thanks Vijesh for your thoughtful comment Yes after the advent of Instant search everyone forgot the Buttons to click. 🙂
very informative post
50000000000 websites, that’s 8 times population of the Earth, that’s so crazy. And 88 languages, i never thought we have that number in language in the World.
thanks for your sharing.
raelly greate post. I wish i could get that 1 % traffic from google which makes me indias richest blogger
All 16 facts are very interesting and very informative also it’s rally amazed and unbelievable that Google have 50 million web pages.Thanks for sharing such a informative article.
Wow … Great Information’s … Thanks for sharing with us … 🙂 I am really impressed with your website… Keep posting like this 🙂
I believe they (along with Apple) also have more cash on hand than the United States Government. Pretty crazy to think about.
Interesting Stats Zainil,
I am surprised that facts like
-What if Google is not invented?
-What we do on internet without Google?
-How blogger got traffic and money without Google?
-So and So…??