When you read “How to unarchive Gmail on Android”, and you have no idea of what does this mean, then this blog post is for you as I am going to detail you everything about this.
Before you know about Unarchive, you should first know What is Archive in Gmail?
Archive simply means historical records so, in Gmail when there are emails that got too old, and you don’t actually need them but you do not want to delete them either, so you just delist from the inbox. That is called archiving an email in Gmail.
Let’s talk about Archiving and Unarchiving in more detail.
Archiving in Gmail means sending out emails from your inbox to “All Mail” label, and this is done to clean your inbox. Sometimes, when there are old emails that you don’t need but you want them to be there somewhere apart from the inbox, you can just open that email, and archive that. Then it will be moved to the “All Mail” label.
Unarchiving means just the opposite. You get those emails back to your Gmail Inbox from All Mail label.
So, now, I will guide you on these:
- How to Unarchive Gmail Messages on Android?
- How to Unarchive Gmail Messages on Desktop?
- How to Unarchive Gmail Messages on iPhone?
Unarchiving Gmail Message on Android phones is simple. Make sure you have the Gmail app working and synced with your Gmail account.
- Launch Gmail App.
- At the left side, there will be three vertical bars, click on that, and there find, “All Mail”
- Now, all the emails will be shown there inbox emails, archived ones, labeled ones, etc.
- Now, tap the message that was archived earlier to open it. Now, it will be opened. Now, at the right hand, you will see three horizontal dots, tap on that, and tap “Move to Inbox”.
That’s all you have to do to unarchive Gmail on Android.
When you archive an email on Gmail, its listing gets removed from Inbox, but you can find it in the “All Mail” folder. So, from there, we can move that to the inbox, and its listing will be back into “Inbox”
The process of unarchiving Gmail Message on Desktop is pretty much similar. Let’s check out the steps.
- Type gmail.com, in the address bar of your browser, and hit enter to access it.
- Login with your credentials.
- Now, click “More” as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Now, you will be able to see more options. Click “All Mail”
- Now, you will be able to see all the emails there. Find the email that you want to unarchive, and right-click on that, and click “Move to Inbox”.
All done! Now, the email is unarchived.
I am not an iPhone user, so I cannot share the screenshots. But, as you you unarchive Gmail message on Android, the same way you have to do on iPhone as well using the Gmail app. Almost the same process you can have to repeat.
To be honest, I never archive any of the emails but many people do it or sometimes a few emails are accidentally archived, so in that case, knowing how to unarchive is the savior. Moreover, archiving the emails in Gmail only means removing the “inbox” label from emails. Emails are still accessible from the “All Mail” section.
As you read in this article that Archiving and Unarchiving is not much a problematic thing but knowing how to do is a savior as you never know when you would need to unarchive your Gmail messages on Android or desktop or on your iPhone.