That moment is really awkward when you want to take secret snaps but the camera sound exposes you. The default camera settings of the Snapchat App don’t skip the camera shutter sound. But you can still turn off the camera sound.
Imagine your family members are in the next room, and you are Snapchatting with your boyfriend in the next room. You probably exchange snaps, and when you click, the camera sound may expose you at times. Thus, it is always good to turn off the camera-click sound while using Snapchatting.
In this guide, I am going to exactly share how you can turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. Continue reading…
How To Turn Off Camera Sound On Snapchat? [Android]
If you are an iPhone user, jump on to the next part because this one is for Android users.
Do not search for the option to turn off the camera sound in the Snapchat settings because no such choice is made available by Snapchat. Here I am suggesting some easiest, simple, and 100% effective tricks to keep the Snapchat camera shutter sound on mute while taking snaps. And you know the best part is that this also applies to many other similar applications.
Before I start, Please read the below note…
Important Note: There are several Android smartphone models from hundreds of brands available in the market today. Each smartphone has different settings or arrangements of options. Since I am using VIVO V2027 MODEL, I am here taking screenshots and explaining to you how to set your Android phone on Silent mode using VIVO V2027. These settings are almost similar in all the Android phone models however, there might be a slight chance that you may figure out going into the settings of your Personal Android smartphone.
Method 1 – Set Your Phone on Silent Mode [Android]
The easiest of all the ways to mute the camera sound on Snapchat is to set your phone on silent profile. Well, I know it is needless to tell you how to set a device on silent mode because 99.99% of smartphone users already know how to do it. But for that exceptional 0.01 % of novice smartphone users, it is my duty to tell them how to set any Android phone on Silent Mode.
- On the right side of your phone, you will find a volume button. When you press the upside of the button, the sound increases, and when you press the downside of the button, the sound decreases.
- In order to keep your phone silent mode, you just need to long press this volume button until it gets ‘Zero’.
- You will certainly see that there appears a symbol of bell icon with a backslash symbol that indicates that your phone is on Silent now.
There is an alternate way also to turn on the silent mode. What you simply need to do this, is go to the home screen of your phone. Gently slide down the screen from top to bottom using the index finger. You will see a bar with the shortcuts of the settings option. There you will find the profile option, where you can choose to set the profile between silent, vibration, or on the sound mode.
There is another option called ‘Do Not Disturb. This option also allows you to silence all types of phone sounds.
Method 2 – Turn Off The Camera Shutter Sound of Your Phone [Android]
Keeping the phone profile on silent can sometimes result in a loss for you. By setting your phone profile to silent, you may miss any important calls, messages, or notifications. If that is the case, you should opt for this method. Here you have to turn off the camera shutter sound from your phone itself rather than from the Snapchat app. How? Read here…
- Open the camera application on your phone.
- On the top right corner of the screen, tap on the gear sign to get into the camera settings.
- In VIVO V2027, you will find the very first option of ‘Shutter Sound’, Slide down to turn it off, if it is on.
How To Turn Off Camera Sound On Snapchat? [iPhone]
If you are an iPhone user, the above methods won’t work for you. iPhone settings are quite different from that of Android phones. For all the iPhone users out there who want to take silent Snaps from Snapchat App, read here how to turn off camera sound on Snapchat.
Important Note: iPhone has a vast range of models launched so far. Technically in all the iPhones, settings are almost similar with a few minor changes. So, no matter which iPhone version you are using, this guide will help you to get away from the Snapchat camera sound.
Method 1: Set Your iPhone on Silent Mode [iPhone]
For iPhone users, setting the phone profiles on silent mode is even easier than on Android. Although there is no rocket science involved in doing so, there are newbie iPhone users who might want to know how to set iPhone on silent mode. If you are falling in the latter category, do as directed below in order to silence your iPhone.
- Check the left side of your iPhone, where you will find the ring switched just above the volume buttons.
- Simply swipe down the switch. There comes an orange color line.
- The orange line is the indication that your iPhone is now in silent mode and won’t make any kind of Camera shutter sound.
- To turn on the ring mode, simply swipe up the switch and the orange line will disappear.
While the above-mentioned method is the easiest and most straightforward way to turn off the silent mode on iPhone, there is another way to do so. For all the iPhone 7 and later versions, do the following setting changes to keep the iPhone profile on silent.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ App.
- Then go to ‘Sound & Haptics’.
- You will find the whole list of sounds and haptics patterns to customize as per your preference.
- Use the given slider to adjust the sound on a scale of 0 to 100.
- You may also opt for the option of vibration, in case you don’t want to miss important notifications. You may even create your own vibration pattern.
- There is another option called Do Not Disturb. This option also allows you to silence all types of phone sounds.
Need more help regarding iPhone profile sound settings, go to the official Apple Support Page.
Method 2: Turn Off The Camera Shutter Sound of Your iPhone [iPhone]
Keeping the phone profile on silent can sometimes result in missing out on some important calls, notifications or messages. If that is the case, you should opt for this method. Here you have to turn off the camera shutter sound from your iPhone itself rather than from the Snapchat app. How? Read here…
- Open the camera application on your iPhone.
- Now Switch to Photo Mode.
- Open the Control Center. To Open the control center, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen if you are using Face ID. If you are using iPhone with the home button, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open the control center.
- Drag the volume up and down to adjust the camera shutter volume. Make it zero to completely silence the shutter.
- Go back to the camera by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
Once I Turn OFF The Phone’s Camera Sound, Is It Possible To Turn It ON Again?
Yes, following the same steps back, you may turn on the stock Camera App’s shutter sound.
Does Muting My Phone Also Affect The Audio in the Recorded Videos on Snapchat App?
No, not at all. Muting your phone will only mute the camera sound. It won’t affect the sound in your videos in any way. You may record the videos on Snapchat as always you do.
Why Doesn’t Snapchat Provide For Turning Off The Camera Sound?
Although Snapchat has never specified the reason behind doing so, it might be possible that there are security reasons involved. Camera shutter sounds alert people around you that someone is taking the snap. There could be more possible reasons. Also, we may see such an option in the upcoming updates of Snapchat App.
Snapchat is an amazing fun-loving social media app known for its eye-catching filters, but users are still awaiting the option of turning off the camera shutter sound. Shutter sounds may fall you into awkward situations and may also disturb others in silence or a peaceful environment. Well, whatever the reason, following the methods explained above, you would be easily able to get rid of the camera shutter sound while taking Snaps from the Snapchat app.