Getting banned on Snapchat is pathetic, especially when you have left no stone unturned to build a lovely clan of friends. Everything is ruined in one fell swoop. If this has happened to you, do not worry! I will tell you how to get unbanned from Snapchat and what you should not do in the future to avoid an account ban. So read and apply!
How to Get Unbanned From Snapchat?
When any social media platform offers networking and socializing personal activities of its users online, it is very imperative that the platform also regulates the privacy and safety of user information. And also make sure that user activities are aligned with the community guidelines. Snapchat is also doing the same and this is the probable reason that every year thousands of Snapchat accounts get banned. If your account has also been banned by Snapchat, let me help you with some workaround that may lift the ban from your account.
I am explaining here 2 possible methods. Honestly, there are no other methods besides these two. And, if someone claims that they can show you a trick to bypass the Snapchat ban, don’t believe them, you might be fooled.
Method 1: When Ban is Temporary
If your account is banned temporarily, you are lucky. A temporary ban simply means that there is still a chance to revive your account. In other words, you can take it as a warning from Snapchat that if you continue to violate terms and conditions, you might get banned forever.
When you fail to access your account and realize that your account is temporarily banned, don’t do anything and just wait for 48 hours at least. Post 48 hours, and visit the Snapchat Unlock Page, through the web or App. Enter the username or email address linked with the banned Snapchat account. Alternatively, you may also use a phone number. After that verify your action (following the on-screen instructions) to prove that you are human, Tap on ‘Next’. Enter your account password and click the ‘Unlock’ button to get your Snapchat account back to life.
When done successfully, you will get a message that read, “Your account has been successfully unlocked”. If the problem still persists, consider the ban to be of permanent nature. Remember that Snapchat cannot unlock your account for you.
Method 2: When Snapchat Account/Device Ban is Permanent
If you try to access your Snapchat account but can’t and see a message that says, “Your account may have been compromised”, you can’t log in back to your Snapchat account. When your account is compromised, it seems that your account is hacked or accessed by someone who is not authorized to. Snapchat takes this very seriously and hence permanently shuts your account.
Now What to do?
The only thing you can do is, fill out the form suggested by Snapchat’s official support page. Click here to fill out the form. Once you fill in the right information in the form, your job will be over. Snapchat will get in touch with you via email. So, make sure you enter the correct and active email ID while filling out the form. You may be asked for more information in order to verify that you are the actual owner of the account.
You might get a delayed response from the Snapchat support team but I would recommend having patience and keep trying. You may revert back a compelling message through email to the Support executive and convince them that you won’t violate any rules or guidelines of the platform. Who knows this may help! You may escalate your issue to other mediums also like Twitter, LinkedIn, and the Reddit community.
Read some bonus safety tips here:
- If you find any suspicious activity on your Snapchat account outside of your knowledge, Change your account password in the first place.
- Go to Snapchat Settings > Account information and check if the email and phone number are yours and are accurate.
- Never share your passcode or OTP with anyone, not even us. Any Snapchat representative will never ask for it, neither it will be needed by us to assist you.
You can also seek Snapchat support in case your device is banned. Alternatively, you may change your device date and time before the ban. Or the last resort is to change the device.
Why is My Snapchat Account Locked?
How To Help Prevent Being Locked Snapchat Account?
To escape from getting your Snapchat account locked, do not do the following.
- Avoid sending spam messages or snaps.
- Never send or share any manipulative content with the intention to mislead.
- Do not send multiple friend request to a lot of people at a time.
- Always verify your email and phone number.
- Do not use any third-party tweak or app.
- Never post any sexually explicit content, especially when a minor is involved.
- Do not indulge in any activity that is bullying or harassing in nature.
- You should never share other users’ information, pictures, and data with anyone without their consent.
- Do not indulge in any kind of activity that promotes violence, threatens others, or showcases any kind of harmful behavior.
To read the detailed community guideline of Snapchat, click here.
How To Keep My Snapchat Account Safe?
Following the below-given tips, you may keep your Snapchat account safe from getting compromised.
- Set a strong password. A strong password is a combination of numbers, alphabets, and special characters. Snapchat won’t accept passwords shorter than 8 characters. All-in-all, your account password should be hard to guess.
- Always keep verifying your email and password. This will be of great help in case of identity theft of your Snapchat account.
- Snapchat offers two-factor authentication. Set up this security feature for your Snapchat account. This will make sure that your account will not be logged in without your knowledge.
- Forget all unrecognized devices linked to your account.
Who Can Unlock My Snapchat Account?
Hackers and intruders always keep an evil eye on your Snapchat account. Especially when you are an influencer, your account will be more vulnerable to threats. There are many fake people, you can call them scammers, who claim that they can unlock your banned or locked Snapchat account. In lieu of that, they will ask you for money or any other monetary or non-monetary favor. Please note that Snapchat never demands a single penny to assist and support you.
Snapchat recommends that never ever share your password with anyone. Beware of fraudsters and scammers. They are not legit Snapchat employees or support executives. The only legal and authentic way to unlock your account is as described in this article.