Discord is possibly one of the most prominent names that the gaming community has been using for some time now. The freeware VoIP application allows the users to share texts, videos, images and even audio clips. Also, it is available on all operating systems, namely Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web browsers and Linux. More than 250 million gamers withhold the concept from all across the world.
Discord uses Internet Relay Chat service on its platform. The IRC helps the users to start chatting right away, as well as form groups and even helps the system to provide personal space to individual clients.
Unlike many other chat rooms and websites, you can log in this website with the same user name, as the application has a four-digit personal identification number. The identification number facilitates the users to choose the name of their choice.
With the help of these features, one enables the use of Not safe For Work feature. This feature restricts the first time channel users from entering a channel without verifying if they are 18 years and above in age.
Discord facilitates two common messaging feature. The personal message feature where a user can have a one to one discussion with another user. The second one is a group feature, where a single user can talk to a whole group of users in a channel. The second type is commonly stated as channel messages.
In the initial days of the application, the channel admins were exclusively aware of how to mass delete messages on Discord. This feature was later withdrawn, as time and again the discord database faced problems, as too many admins would remove the messages all at the same time. .
Technically, it’s impossible to delete personal conversations in discord. The most that one can do is to either close the chat window so that the chats don’t bother you or remove the local messages so that they don’t appear in the chat history. In the second case, a copy of the message is saved with the other user and in discord database. Here is how to clear chat in discord:
- Right-click on the username of sender whose conversation you want to delete. Select Message.
- Navigate to the extreme right end of the message. Click on the three dots on the extreme right. From the menu that opens up, click on Delete.
Thus your local messages are deleted, and you would not see the messages any further. Do make sure that you do not use this in any crucial chat that you might be needed, as that would lead to the deletion of the crucial messages.
In contrast to the direct messages, Channel messages can be deleted permanently. There are two ways in which we can delete the messages. One way for either of the types of messaging. Here, we have listed both the methods with the steps to help you get a better understanding of the processes.
- Open the channel containing the message that you would love to remove.
- Hover on the message. Click on the three red dots which appear to the right of the message. Select Delete from the menu.
- A window would now appear which asks you to confirm your decision. Click Delete button if you are sure about your choice, else cancel.
Thus, the message is deleted. This method works perfectly fine for a few messages; however, for a large number of messages, this can be time-consuming.
Discord bots can be of real help when we are facing this situation. We can surely mass delete the messages on discord. Here are the steps on how we can do so.
- Log in to your Discord server
- Navigate your way to the MEE6 website.
- Select Add to Discord and then click on Authorize to allow the bots to work on the server.
- Select the best server for yourself.
- MEE6 would now prompt for the permission to connect to discord.
- Click on the authorise button if the same prompts.
- Check on the MEE6 control panel and enable the Moderation plugin. Once MEE6 is installed, you can now delete the messages using a variety of commands.
These are a few ways on how to clear a discord chat. They may be convenient when you want to get something removed from your network. These features from the company only make it more user-friendly to the users.