Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tricks are used to improve websites’ rankings on search result pages. The knowledge and application of SEO are part of the marketing strategies that businesses must use to improve their visibility in organic results (the results someone sees when they do a Google search, for example).
In the era of e-commerce and online marketing, the return on good SEO tricks and knowledge is significantly high. According to a survey by Think with Google, 63% of all purchases originate with a search online.
Also, Google and other search engines like Baidu and Yahoo change their algorithms regularly to give their users a better experience. That’s why brands must keep their SEO strategies updated and active.
Listed below are some top SEO tricks you can use this year:
As SEO tricks continue to evolve year in and year out, the emphasis on good content has never been more important. Search engines understand that users seek answers through online searches—they, therefore, reward brands that work hard to give users value.
To make your content better, consider these factors:
- Fresh Content: There are many updates and changes that happen regularly. Therefore, your business must listen to and be updated about prevailing circumstances and trends in your industry or niche. To benefit from user movements based on trends and preferences, always be proactive.
If, for example, your business is in the health niche, you must endeavor to create content in response to new diseases, drugs, pandemics, and treatments.
- Quality Content: users respond positively to content that gives answers to their queries. As a website owner, it’s your responsibility to ensure the content is thoroughly researched and provides answers that users are seeking.
Good quality content should have a sufficient word count and contain other important aspects like statistics, infographics, screenshots, and relevant images.
The above aspects provide positive experiences and value to your website visitors. Google and other search engines actively look for relevant and informative content. Thus, websites with better content are rewarded with high rankings on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
The loading speed of a website is one of the prime ranking factors that determines its position in SERPs. Users are not so patient with pages that do not load within 2-3 seconds. With many options to choose from, your site can easily lose out.
Also, Google and other search engines rank pages that load fast higher than pages that load slowly.
Below are certain tricks you can apply to improve your website’s speed:
- Page Files: files like videos, infographics, and images can contribute to a slow-loading page. You can, for instance, compress all the images—this has the potential to reduce the page size significantly and improve the site speed.
- Browser Cache: You can change the settings to allow visitor browsers to save details—data, images, java scripts, PDF files—needed to access the site. Consequently, website load speed increases because their browsers don’t need to download these files every time they visit the page.
As a site owner, you should conduct regular site speed audits to understand users’ experiences on your website. Check up on metrics such as bounce rates and device usage. A simple analysis will tell you if your website visitors are experiencing your website as fast or slow.
The technology of Artificial Intelligence enables machines to speak, listen, talk, write and perform better without human intervention—Alexa, Siri or Cortana are examples of AI-enabled voice assistants. Search engines are now relying on AI technology to give relevant queries to voice searches, which are continuously increasing.
The SEO can now be conducted with more precision using insights gathered from search queries and user data—AI will offer an effective and faster way to rank website pages.
Therefore, companies can harness the power of AI to direct website traffic to specific pages. Nowadays, many of the great SEO Marketing experts use AI to rank their websites. Business owners and companies can collaborate with such skilled people to improve rankings of specific pages on their websites.
Link building is one of the SEO tricks you can apply to rank your website high in search engine results. Linking to relevant and quality websites provide value to your readers, and this is key to establish your website’s authority online.
It can feel counterintuitive and like you’re driving traffic away to other pages by providing links. But in reality, this cements your website’s value. Readers will justifiably refer to the links and continue interacting with your content.
You also get a chance to get quality backlinks as compliments by the receiving websites. The more websites there are that link back to yours, the higher your authority will become and search engines will respond by giving you a high ranking in their SERPs.
Site owners should endeavor to create two types of links per page:
- Internal Links: internal links are used to send website visitors to content and other pages within your website. Incorporating internal links can improve the ease and speed of finding relevant pages.
This improves user experience and traffic retention, which are both key aspects of improving your SEO.
- High Authority Links: high authority websites have big audiences and high rankings in SERPs. You should endeavor to have several authority links in your site. This is one way you can get quality backlinks to your site.
It’s advisable to notify websites that you have linked to them. If your content is good, they may share your post or link to it in one of their own articles.
You can also encourage other users to link to your articles by providing easily accessible channels and platforms. Guest posting can be used to attract other niches and relevant websites to post articles on your website in exchange of links.
The primary reason users visit websites is to get answers and to purchase solutions online. Positive user experience improves their interaction with your website.
Therefore, your website should have no hindrances to impact negatively on user experience; this is key to ensure that people shop on your website and share your content on social media.
Some aspects that can improve user experience are:
- Design Of The Page: for good user experience, use fonts, colors, and a page layout that makes it easy for your visitors to find what they are looking for. Simple website design can also benefit speed and consequently increase traffic to your site.
- Navigation: the navigation menu provides a useful glance of all resources on your website. Ensure that the most important pages can be accessed from the home page (the contact, shop, blog and about pages). Incorporate a search bar to make it easier for people to navigate your website.
- Label The Content: users interact better with content when they have powerful titles, optimized Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), meta tags, optimized images, relevant keywords, and other aspects such as proper text fonts and sizes.
Keywords provide a scientific and justifiable basis to make particular content choices. You can use keyword research tools and search engine suggestions to discover keywords relevant to your niche. The insights from tools help website builders to create engaging content.
Below are some keyword aspects business owners can incorporate:
- Long-Tail Keywords: long-tail keywords constitute more words than the normal broad search or short-tail keywords that comprise 2-3 words, like ‘sofa set design.’ A long-tail keyword is more specific, e.g. ‘modern sofa set design for a living room.’
Long-tail keywords comprise a big percentage of search traffic. People who use these keywords are in the latter stages of the buying process, and you want them to go to your website.
Long-tail keywords have lower competition than short-tail keywords, so they can bring you highly targeted traffic and better revenue for your business. You should, therefore, harness the power of long-tail keywords by creating content based on them.
- New Trends: consumer and user behaviors change constantly. The change in behavior comes with new preferences, tastes, and desires for different products. Your content and solutions should focus on these changes and trends.
You should utilize keywords because they represent user intent and queries on the internet. You can discover the latest trends by using keyword research tools.
- Keywords In Strategic Areas And Density: for discoverability, your content should have keywords in strategic places like images, article bodies, titles, URLs, headings, and, if possible, the domain name. This helps internet users to identify your website, while the search engines can rank your content with ease.
You should avoid keyword stuffing. Google penalizes websites with too many keywords on a specific page and visitors will easily notice the unnatural placement of such keywords. It will look spammy and they won’t trust that you have valuable information to share.
A simple search in Google reveals a high ranking of social media profiles over other platforms like websites. On average, internet users spend 144 minutes per day on social media globally. As a website owner, you must find ways to make your content social media-friendly.
Below are some ways to make social media work for you:
- Social Media Plugins: install a social share plugin and ensure it’s working at all times. It provides a gateway to social media traffic. You can conduct an audit to determine the number of social shares, any ugly URLs, and ease of sharing content and images
- Multiple Profiles on Social Media: different consumers and audiences have unique personas that can be tapped into using a single social media platform. Professionals and top business executives are more likely to be found on LinkedIn, while teens like to hang-out on Tik-Tok. It’s therefore advisable to join multiple channels to expand your reach, by incorporating various social classes, and different people based on their preferred social media platforms.
- Conversations: by participating in conversations on social media, you can grow your brand awareness. Your brand should post tweets, make mentions, and share content to encourage conversations on the internet.
Leverage hashtags to participate in local or global conversations, or to advertise relevant solutions.
Overall, social media provides a broader audience and reach you can benefit from. However, you must be technically ready, subscribe to multiple channels, and be active on them.
Content is the foundation of any SEO strategy. An objective assessment of the content structure, quality, and other details can provide a basis for implementing better strategies over time.
Below are the specific areas you can prioritize this year:
- Duplicate Content: a website with duplicate content confuses Google when choosing which content to rank in its SERPs—the preferred page may not provide value to your audience.
It occurs when similar content is posted in multiple pages or URLs within your website.
A regular audit can reveal such pages; you can then choose which page to remove or alter the content for originality.
- Keyword Cannibalization: this phenomenon occurs when pages have content with similar or closely related keywords; this confuses search engine bots, and then they choose one page over the other—keep in mind that both pages may be serving different purposes on your website, so you may want both to rank.
An audit can help you discover such pages. Based on the analysis, you may need to alter the keywords and tags to do away with the confusion.
- 404 Page: a 404 page pops up when the page your visitor wants to access has been moved or no longer exists. They negatively impact your SEO and search engines will penalize you for them. Do an audit to discover whether 404 pages exist.
Some options to solve this problem include:
- Turn the page into an internal search engine.
- Create a creative copy and direct visitors to the home page or other relevant pages.
- Incorporate a sales discount to avoid customers from bouncing off your website.
As more people gain access to the internet, it will become more difficult to rank or get your website noticed. SEO provides an objective approach to positioning your site better. Use better content, improved mobile-friendliness, keywords, and optimize your pages for better loading speed to rank high in SERPs.
Additionally, you can harness the power of social media platforms. They provide an additional audience and the possibility to reach new markets.
Short URL: https://ttw.tips/3kyOGcR