Imagine watching Youtube with almost all your concentration and suddenly you get hit by the error, “You’re offline. Check your connection“. That has to be a big turnoff. But the reason why this sort of error occurs is also easy to understand. It can either happen because of a weak network. It also can occur because of some minor glitches in the YouTube platform. This article will help you understand more about the error and its solution. Make sure to properly follow all the instructions mentioned below.
What Causes the “You’re Offline. Check Your Connection” Error on YouTube?
Identifying the cause is not a very hard thing to find. The range here covers all kinds of causes which are often occurring because of issues with network connectivity, network settings, or simply file corruption and damaging of network connectivity tools, etc. Let us find out more individually.
- Network Connection Error: At times, the device you are using to access YouTube may have some network configuration errors or something of that sort which may cause this error on YouTube.
- No Internet: For some reason, if your internet connection is disconnected while you are browsing on YouTube, you may face this issue as well.
- Error on YouTube Side: Sometimes, the error is not from your side but from YouTube’s. Their server may have encountered some problems. Then also, you will see this error. You can check the same on this site whether the problem is from YouTube’s server
- Internet Speed: YouTube is a video streaming platform which means you need a good internet speed to easily watch videos. If your internet speed is too slow to work, YouTube may consider you as offline. So, then also, you may face this error.
Solved: “You’re offline. Check your connection.” YouTube Error
Before moving to more advanced fixes you can try performing some easy fixes yourself, Here is the list:
- Remove all browser cache.
- Reset your browser.
- See if there is any issue specifically with the network router and adapter.
- Disable browser-enabled ad blockers, proxy servers, and VPNs. For Brave they have a built-in ad blocker along with Opera, try disabling the feature and see for yourself whether the reinstating of the network happened or not.
- Check your time settings on your PC to see if it is correct.
- Use an alternate DNS server from the preferred server that you are using.
- Change IPV 4 to IPV 6
- Sign up and sign in to your account.
- Try refreshing the home page as well.
Many of the pointers mentioned here are broadly discussed in other points, especially the technical fixes.
Network Connections play a very primary role in the internet. It’s the Internet Service Provider that allows you to connect to different spaces through information access. Your computer becomes the destination while the information to be accessed remains on the server. It’s the network that is capable through data to bring in downloads or simply display the remote servers on your system.
The major issue with network connections also happens due to the use of DHCP servers to access IP to connect to the network. However, you need to keep the IP address accessible to the DHCP server by assigning the IP to the system. While changing and registering to your system, now see if there is an issue. If the issue is not resolved try reconnecting to the network. If the issue persists you can try turning on and off the computer switch.
Some errors are too redundant and fixating, especially if they are system-induced errors, it’s better you deal with them through the use of Command Prompt. Try running the commands and check for yourself if the error is resolved or not.
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
One more trick that you can try is to open Network and Sharing Center and follow the steps:
- Go to Windows Search and type in ‘Windows Network and Sharing Center.’
- Here, you will see an active network section showing green bars.
- After that, there will be a ‘properties’ option at the bottom, select that.
- Now, click on ‘IPV4’
- Now feed in the DNS address on the next window. You can use Google’s Public DNS address to have seamless connectivity. (You can use other Public DNS Servers as well.)
- Feed the following DNS address Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199, Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Click on the ‘validate settings upon exit’ checkbox and then click on ‘OK’.
If you are using a VPN server, you should also stop your VPN, and see if you are able to access YouTube without that. Sometimes, VPN servers go down as well, or because of so many connections from the same VPN server( In case you are using free VPNs), the servers are sometimes blacklisted as well. So, if not necessary, you can disconnect VPN, and then see if it works.
Every browser actually has its own application that helps in the updating of their versions of browsers. But for some file corruption or any other reason, if your browsers are not updated, simply update them. In every browser, there is either an About option or a developer tools option. Check either of these options and you will find an update option. Make sure the update has been properly done.
If the date and time are not set correctly, it may not allow you to connect to the internet. You can manually change the time as per your time zone. Set your time zone, and save.
- Go to the bottom taskbar and right-click on ‘adjust date/time’.
- Now manually feed in your time.
- And once the internet connection is restored you can toggle on the ‘set automatic time’ option.
If you are facing this issue on your Phone, and you have checked everything such as internet connection and all, everything is working fine. Then, it is time to clear out the YouTube App cache.
Follow the process below to do this:
Step 1: Tap and Hold YouTube App, and Tap App info
Step 2: Tap Storage Usage.
Step 3: Tap Clear Cache.
This will clear the cache.
Youtube error “You’re offline. Check your connection” can occur for a variety of reasons. It can be hardware induced, mainly because of a faulty modem or router. It can also be software-induced like DNS error, IP configuration problem, no DHCP server response, etc. I have listed out all the fixes. Do go through them and 1 will definitely work for you.