Are you afraid that your AirTag does not come with a charging cable, is your packet devoid of AirTags’s accessories? Are you having sleepless nights as a recurring question is still troubling your mind, “Does Apple Airtags need to be charged?” Do not worry AirTags comes with replaceable very sleek coin-like CR2032 batteries. These batteries are not rechargeable but you can replace them quite easily. You can buy a new CR2032 battery in case your AirTag in the ‘Find My’ app shows a low battery. I will discuss the procedure to change the battery which is very easy to do.
Do AirTags Have to Be Charged?
Airtags do not have to be charged simply because AirTags come with replaceable CR2032 batteries. The batteries are very long-lasting and provide exceptional longevity in their use. These batteries are very popular and are better than other batteries on a similar electronic item. The battery can last up to a year if used with care and caution.
Since you will have to replace AirTag batteries it is normal for you to know the process of replacing the batteries. Let’s find out the steps to replace AirTag Battery.
Steps to Replace AirTag Battery
Step 1: Get a new battery
You’ll need a replacement CR2032 coin-cell battery. Make sure you have a high-quality battery from a reputable manufacturer. Do prior research through the internet to collect information on some of the known brands that manufacture these batteries.
Step 2: Open the Battery Compartment
- Hold the AirTag with the Apple logo facing up.
- Use your fingers to press down on the stainless steel side of the AirTag, opposite the Apple logo.
- While pressing down, twist the top portion of the AirTag counterclockwise. This will unlock and open the battery compartment.
Step 3: Remove the Old Battery
- Once the battery compartment is open, you’ll see the old battery inside.
- Carefully lift the old battery out of the compartment.
- You can use your fingernail or a non-metallic tool to gently pry the battery out if needed.
Step 4: Insert the New Battery
- Take the replacement CR2032 coin-cell battery and make sure the positive (+) side is facing up.
- Carefully place the new battery into the battery compartment, ensuring it’s properly aligned.
Step 5: Dispose of the Old Battery Properly
- Dispose of the old battery according to your local regulations and guidelines for battery disposal.
- It is preferable also to provide your battery to any e-waste handler so that the metallic ends can be reused to manufacture other electronic items.
How Often Does AirTags Need to be Charged?
As stated, AirTags does not need charging it can be recharged by simply replacing batteries. You need a CR2032 battery that is long-lasting at least in normal use you will get 1 year of charge time. That means you generally need to replace your AirTag battery almost once in a year.
AirTags does not need any essential charging, you can get a replaceable CR2032 battery for AirTag use. The battery is good, sturdy, and strong. Any issue you face with battery installation, I have covered it here as well. Hope you love this article.