Digital Cameras were pretty much popular a few years ago, but ever since smartphones started to come to the market, they have been giving a tough competition to them because the new generation smartphones are equipped with high-quality cameras. Therefore, many people don’t prefer to have an extra digital camera when they have a camera phone with them. But, I am still in love with the digital cameras. Not only me but, there are other people as well who prefer digital cameras.
I have both a digital camera (16.1 MP) and a good smartphone with 13 MP Primary cameras. Both are good for different occasions; I prefer my smartphone camera for clicking when I am outside. But, when I am at home and have some function or party, I prefer my Digital Camera.
And yes, to take selfies, Smartphone is preferred due to having the secondary camera. But, we cannot forget the importance of digital cameras at the same time.
Earlier the digital cameras were very costly but, now technological advancements and cut-throat competition have continued to drive the prices down. One of the most popular categories of digital cameras among consumers is the cameras which cost less than 10,000 Rupees. I receive numerous queries from my friends and other people asking for help and suggestions to choose the right camera.
The questions are like these:
- Which is the best digital camera to buy under 10000 Rupees?
- Which is the best compact digital camera under 10000 rupees?
- Which are the top rated digital cameras in India under 10000 Rupees?
- Which is the best budget digital camera around 10000 Rupees?
- Which are the best digital cameras under 10000 in India 2016?
There are many other search queries that people usually use when they plan to buy a digital camera in 10000 rupees range.
Several people also search for some specific brands such as:
Which is the best Canon camera under 10000 Rupees?
Which is the best Sony digital camera under 10000 Rupees?
People never get tired of asking questions! You have to be ready to answer all. That is why I am here with a list of good digital cameras within 10000 Rupees.
Though there are a number of articles that can solve these queries of yours when you try searching these queries on Google, I thought to share my list with you. In this post, I have listed 10 best digital cameras that you can buy within 10000 rupees budget.
[table id=8 /]
Best Digital Cameras Under 10000 Rupees
Sony Cyber Shot DSC W730
Sony Cyber Shot DSC W730 is by far the best digital camera under 10000 Rupees. And, this one is which I have, and I enjoy clicking pictures with it (read my review here). It has great features at an affordable price point.
Features and Specifications of Sony Cybershot DSC W730
- Image stabilization technology “Steady Shot” helps to take blur-free
- Several filters to make pictures look super nice.
- Supports Panorama Mode.
- Dimension is 93.1 x 52.3 x 22.5 mm with 122g weight
- Display is 2.7” and internal memory is 27MB
- Resolution is 16.1 Mega Pixels with color filter system
- Lithium Ion battery.
- Compatible with memory cards and USB.
- 8x Zoom enables you to capture the photos of birds, person, or things that are distant.
- Intelligent iAuto Mode is there that thinks for you and recognizes scenes, light conditions, adjust settings, and all to capture the crystal clear photos.
- Smile Detection feature is excellent.
I won’t say there is nothing better than this, but I can say that is an excellent digital camera for its age. You will find only a few such digital cameras under 10,000 rupees.
First time we’re listing sports camera in this list of top rated digital cameras in India under 10000 Rupees. SJCAM M10 digital camera is gaining popularity extremely fast because it is rugged, tiny, and is fantastic to show off to others.
The camera looks so nice; you will get tempted to buy as it is smaller than normal digital cameras yet has excellent features.
Features and Specifications of SJCAM M10
- 120-degree wide lens gives superb image quality and vivid colors.
- Control your camera with your phone.
- Can be used as car dashboard camera which automatically switches the camera on or off depending on when the car is started and stopped.
- Motion detection features enable recording scenes which are impossible with traditional digital cameras. For example, it can be used as a home security camera.
- Its dimension is 14.7 x 8.4 x 22.9 cm and the weight is 567 Grams.
- Optical and Digital Zoom are 4X
- Its camera quality is 12 Mega Pixels.
Olympus Stylus VH-520
Olympus is one of the oldest brands in the world of photography. Its VH-520 camera is one of the best compact digital cameras under 10000 rupees.
Features and Specifications of Olympus Stylus VH-520
- It is a 14 Mega Pixels digital camera.
- Highly sensitive sensor ensures great quality pictures always.
- HDR backlight/dark area compensation feature provides natural looking photos.
- 10x wide angle zoom and 20x super-resolution zoom gives close-ups and wide angle shots effortlessly.
- Multi-motion movie IS helps record video with lesser blurs while walking.
- The iAuto mode is superb as it identifies what type of scene you are shooting, and accordingly, it adjusts everything to capture the best picture.
- Its dimension is 101.8 x 25.3 x 56.8 cm and the weight is 150 Grams.
- The Display screen is 3 Inches.
- 1080P Full HD video recording with stereo sound.
Fujifilm FinePix T200 (Gunmetal)
Fujifilm FinePix made it to this list of best digital cameras under 10000. This is because of its simplicity, and ease of using it. It is one of the most loved digital cameras in 10000 rupees range. People who don’t like too many settings and features will love this camera for its simplicity.
Features and Specifications of Fujifilm FinePix T200
- The classic face detection and blink detection helps you capture best possible pictures of people.
- Smile and Shoot mode takes pictures only if the people in the viewfinder are smiling.
- 10x optical zoom lets you take pictures of faraway objects clearly.
- SR Auto mode automatically detects scene and adjusts settings for best quality recordings and pictures.
- The dimension of this camera is 9.7 x 2.8 x 5.7 cm and weight is 150 Grams.
- 14 Mega Pixels.
- As it is a classic and a widely loved camera, I had no reasons to keeping it out of the list of 10 best digital cameras under 10000 rupees.
Pentax Efina Plus point and shoot camera
This is one of the best entry level cameras due to its price, features, and performance.
Features and Specifications of Pentax Efina Plus Point & shoot camera
- Dimension: 15.2 x 14.4 x 7.4 cm and Weight: 340 grams
- It is a 14 Mega Pixels camera with 5x optical zoom
- The face detection feature can detect up to 12 faces. This helps a lot to ensure that everyone in the group is in the frame before picture is clicked.
- The motion blur reduction mode helps to minimize the blur caused due to motion
- Its digital image stabilizer ensures that you get excellent quality pictures even if your hands shake little.
- It’s TTL Contrast Detect AF System gives accurate autofocus very quickly.
Canon IXUS 175
This 20 Mega Pixel camera from Canon was an instant hit. This is another best digital camera under 10000 Rupees from Canon on this list
Features and Specifications of Canon IXUS 175
- Dimension: 5.4 x 9.5 x 2.2 cm and Weight: 118 grams
- It is a 20 Mega Pixels with 8x optical zoom.
- Smart Auto mode ensures that you get the best quality pictures.
- It provides an excellent range of creative Thus it is quite helpful for creative people for whom normal pictures is just too boring!
- The Canons in-house DIGIC 4+ technology gives excellent pictures always.
Panasonic Lumix DMC S3
Panasonic Lumix is a smart and stylish camera that comes with a range of intelligent features. It has a wide-angle lens with extra zoom option which helps to shoot a large group of people and wide landscape shots. This indispensable camera with plastic front panel looks like the shape of soap and it is excellent to take the pictures in low light. Even though its sound quality is little deprived, its picture quality is exquisite. Panasonic lenses are virtuous to focus the images to create the attractive photos without the flash.
Features and Specifications of Panasonic Lumix DMC S3
- 4x optical zoom with 28 mm wide angle helps get the best shot.
- High sensitivity mode helps get natural results while handholding the camera.
- Anti-shake technology helps to take clear pictures.
- The intelligent ISO control aids in reducing blur especially in low light conditions.
- Dimension is 98.8 x 58.8 x 20.9 mm and its average weight is 117g.
- Its LCD display is 2.7”.
- Camera quality is 14.1 Mega Pixels.
- The battery is Lithium-Ion and supports all types of SD cards.
- Motion detection and scene detection technology with the intelligent auto mode.
Overall it is a great camera in this price range. The smooth pebble shape and clean exteriors make it very different and attractive as compared to other cameras.
Best Digital Cameras Under 20000 Rupees
Nikon Coolpix S6300
Nikon Coolpix is a compact digital camera which looks stylish without any vague impressions. It is designed to make the shooting process simple and to deliver the quality pictures in any type of light settings. This camera equipped with a great number of versatile modes and preloaded features which result in high-resolution images. It is possible to take sharp beautiful photographs with the help of Nikon’s Lens-shift VR image stabilization. CMOS chips are present in it to offer improved sensitivity and faster performance. It has the recording option of high-definition videos with stereo sound effect as well.
The great features and specifications of Nikon Coolpix S6300 make it a recommended best digital camera under 20000 rupees.
Nikon – The name itself is the trusted brand when it comes to cameras. This 16 Mega Pixels digital camera can be your best companion when you are visiting beaches in summer.
Features and Specifications of Nikon Coolpix S6300
- It gives the best quality pictures in any lighting conditions.
- Dimension is 93.6 x 57.7 x 36 mm with the weight of 160g
- The CMOS sensor makes it more sensitive to light and improves the speed of taking pictures.
- Resolution is 16MP with focal length of 25-250mm
- LCD screen is 2.7” with the feature of high-speed continuous shooting
- The battery is LI-Ion and is compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards.
- VR image stabilization technology cancels out any horizontal or vertical hand movements.
- Supports Stereo HD video recording.
- The light weight and awesome features are the things that make it a good choice for your digital camera needs.
Canon Power Shot A2300
How can it happen that Canon doesn’t make it a place in the list of best digital cameras?
Canon Power Shot A2300 compact digital camera is simple and stylish which captures awesome photos effortlessly. Even the beginners can shoot the high-quality images with the option of Smart Auto mode and help button. Clear, and sharp pictures can be obtained by Digital image stabilizer as it automatically detects the camera movement to produce optimum results. The presence of fun and creative modes allow the users to create miniature scale models with it. It also has macro focusing range and circular aperture control to control the amount of light passing through the lens.
Canon Power Shot A2300 rules the 20000 Rupees range digital cameras.
Features and Specifications of Canon Power Shot A2300
- Extremely simple to use, which coupled with ‘smart auto mode,’ makes it ready to use straight out of the box.
- Digital image stabilizer which helps in taking crisp and clear pictures.
- Macro focusing range and circular aperture control let users minutely control the amount of light passing through the lens.
- With 5X digital zoom and 28 mm wide lens, breadth and depth can be captured.
- Dimension is 94.4 x 54.2 x 20 mm and its weight is about 125g.
- 7” color LCD monitor with wide viewing angle
- 16 Mega Pixels camera quality offers you capture photos in HD.
- Enabled with PictBridge technology which allows the users to get direct photo printing.
- If the features suit you the best, you must not think twice to get this camera since Canon is well-trusted brand over the years.
Samsung PL120 is another best digital camera under 20000. It is an impressive digital camera equipped with dual view technology. It has an excellent interface and comfortable layout. It is one of the cheapest cameras from Samsung that comes with a dual screen and built-in digital stabilization. Its tremendous sensors allow the users to capture the beautiful images with remarkable zooming options. A jumpstart is a good option which helps to take an action at the right time. Smart Auto, Night shot, Beauty shot, and other modes of this camera make the shooting process easy. Magical filters are also available to ensure the image quality.
Features and Specifications of Samsung PL120
- Dual view technology makes taking selfies extremely easy.
- Powerful sensors to enable users to capture perfect pictures even when zooming.
- Built-in digital image stabilization.
- HD video recording capability.
- Dimension is 94 x 54.5 x 18.8 mm with the weight of 110 g.
- Resolution is 14 MP, and the focal length is 26 – 130 mm.
- The display is 2.7” LCD with smart face recognition.
- High sensitivity camera with HD movie recording.
- Undoubtedly this is one of the best digital cameras to buy under 10000 Rupees.
Digital Cameras have their own place when it comes to capturing our moments. This was my list of 10 best digital cameras under 10000 rupees, and I am sure that you would love this list.
If you have any other favorite digital camera in this range, do share in the comments.
Share your views and comments!
Nice post Atish 🙂
Yeah, digital camera is an exceptional one to take quality pictures.
I too have a Sony brand digital camera, it is easy to shoot the pictures with it.
The cameras which you’ve listed along with the specifications seems quite interesting and low cost. Will check these too for future purpose.
Thanks for sharing the useful information for your readers 🙂
I swear by my Nikon Coolpix! One thing you didn’t mention about it -it’s incredibly durable! Which is important for clumsy people like me! Ha!
I personally will go for Nikon Coolpix. Nikon has always made the experience to click amazingly clear pictures. It has great pixels which don’t explode while zooming as compared to Sony digital cameras.
Great review about these recognized digital camera.It will helps us to choose which one is best for us or best suited for us.
thanks for sharing…happy blogging 🙂
the model of sony cyber shot that you have just specified here is really impressive, i have sony cyber shot, and i think it’s the best camera ever, it’s my personal opinion though – Technology Eater
Great list of amazing cameras. These cameras have great specifications and the main thing is these are in budget. I am also a nikon coolpix user and i am happy with my camera. Thanks For this wonderful review.
Nowadays, people are addicted to pictures. Moreover, the selfie trend is going on. But when we talk about the digital cameras then nothing can beat them.
I have always considered Sony as one of the leading companies in cameras. Most of the phone companies are using their lenses.
Sony is indeed a great brand, and I have the very first camera on the list, and I am really in love with it.
Thanks for the comment, mate. Enjoy weekends!
Being a photographer, I was instantly attracted to this particular post, Atish.
I favor my Nikon for sure! It’s a higher level amateur digital, but I count on it for amazing outdoor shots, wildlife, landscapes, and video as well.
My cell takes great photos too, but I usually use it for candid, on-the-fly type shots versus trying to capture something commercial or for my portfolio.
Great overview and list! These will all do a great job for everyday photographers. Cameras have come a long way, haven’t they?
Indeed Nikon is one of the best brands for camera, and I am not surprised to know that you are enjoying your Nikon camera so much.
Smartphone cameras are good but Digital cameras’ photo quality is better.
Yes, for sure cameras come a long way as everyone is obsessed with capturing photos of every moment.
Thanks for coming by, and have a great weekends.
I love the Samsung PL120 as it comes with a compact design that fits my pocket. You can easily carry it to anywhere.
The price is this camera is also good. If anyone wants a camera to capture regular pictures while traveling, I would recommend picking this one.
Great that you loved the Samsung PL120, that is indeed a nice camera with great features. As per the quality, cost is fine.
Thanks for your views Tony. Hope you are enjoying the weekends.
The article is very helpful and the cameras discussed in the list are really good and the photo quality is amazing. I have reviewed them on my own and the results are quite satisfactory. You can update this article by looking for some professional digital cameras.
Thanks for coming by Kabir.
Wow, this article includes most of the coolest and best designed digital cameras. Personally, I think the design of SJ CAM M10 is really out of the box. Its shape is really compact and it’s easy to carry and take a picture. And definitely, Canon and Nikon should be in this list since they have always been top camera brands in the world. Thanks for sharing this amazing list!
Well I guess you have shared some great cameras on the perfect time and I must say this post is really helpful to decide a camera.
A very helpful post, Even I am the one who is thinking to gift a digital camera to my younger sibling.
Also I must appreciate your SEO skills 🙂
Ah, thanks Yogita. 🙂
Indeed Nikon is a camera brand to reckon with and for that single reason, if i must choose between Nikon and another brand in the same price range, i’ll choose Nikon over and over again.
Lately, my camera now seems to bulky to carry everywhere-i-go, thanks to my smartphone. But yeah, when i have occasions and events to attend, then my Nikon camera comes alive again.
What a great list of cameras, really informative and well listed, as we all know mobile cameras can never compete with either semi SLR or DSLR as these little devices are great at getting jobs done when it comes to taking pics at low light where mobile devices lacks the feature and cry for well lit lighting, but I have missed few lower price models too from your list mate.
Keep writing great stuff.
all are good but still not other brand can compete sony’s lens in digital camera’s .
I like sony RX-100 the most only one cons is that optical zoom is only 3.6x
All Digital Camera are Good but sony camera is best now a day every person use dslr and also mobile camera are better than digital camera i think now a day no body use digital camera by the way this is great list of cameras and also awesome post
Wow…this is so awesome. I do have the Cannon #6 listed here. My problem is that I never use it. I got into the habit of using my IPhone which doesn’t come close to the photos I can take with my camera.
Time to take that thing out of the box again and not be so lazy. Thanks for the round up of cameras.
Yes we all are obsessed with our phone’s camera nowadays but Digital Cameras must not be forgotten as they click better quality pictures.
Have a nice day. 🙂
Thanks for sharing this wonderful information…!
Nice article !
Ashish Sir can i get your email id. I need some discussion with you related to my blog
You can contact me using the contact form itself. Thank you.
Thanks for sharing such an informative post. I guess you have done a complete research to get this complete list of digital cameras in your post. I personally will go for Sony. Sony has always made the experience to click amazingly clear pictures. It’s high quality lens and amazing features gives a better experience of picture quality and doesn’t explode while zooming.
Considering my budget, I will choose Sony Cyber Shot DSC W730. I think this product is value for money
Mostly, I am using iPhone 6s for Picture but still i am looking digital camera. I like Nikon Coolpix S6300 specification. After reading your post i check Nikon Coolpix S6300 on nearest Mall. It’s awesome, nice picture quality bust for images and video and most important is it is in budget.
Thanks to share great suggestion.
Cameras are one of my favourite gadgets – I remembered celebrating with friends when my uncle gifted me a sony camera few years back.
I dived in to YouTube blogging and made so much from my learning’s – I captures anything , never ceased from taking video on events.
I’ve said much about how I made these cash from YouTube before.
Today, I craves for Nikon camera, hope to get one next month.
Have a nice day, Ranjan Atish
We all know that how people are getting addicted to pictures. It had became a trend nowadays of taking pictures every time you are doing something interesting.
Either you are about to take your meal, or standing in front of a mirror, taking pictures and selfies are very much common and interesting.
I always prefer Sony Digital cameras as they are the best company and I trust them
Thanks for sharing this great list. 😀
This article is very useful. I am thinking for a trip to France, and since last week I am searching so many different websites for the best camera in my budget. This post is quite informative, and now I am sure I can make a decision based on this info. Thanks again for the great insights.