C – Common
O – Operating
M – Machine
P – Particularly
U – Used for
T – Technical &
E – Educational
R – Research
Is “Charles Babbage make the acronym Computer? Apart from the full form, when and how did the computer evolved? Let’s check out how computer has evolved over the years!”, the actual full form of COMPUTER? Did
Table of Contents
- 1 Full Form of Computer
- 2 History of Computer
- 3 Some Facts about Computers, that are mind boggling!
- 4 Some Myths about Computers, that are DUMB!
- 5 Some Funny Full Form related to Computer that you didn’t know!:
Computers weren’t known the way we know them today. Computers have evolved the way no other gadget ever did. Let us look at how computers evolved faster than humans.
If you paid attention to your book from the first standard or the second, you would probably remember the name Charles Babbage who is also known as the father of computers as he had the brains behind the first ever computer which was developed in the year 1849. Well, when we say developed, Charles designed the whole automatic computer but failed to execute the design but you will be glad to know that his design came to life in the year 2002 as the masterpiece is in London. So, it is safe to say that the first ever computer took almost 16 decades to build.
1937 was the year when the magic happened as Dr. Jhon V. Atanasoff and Clifford Berry built the first ever electronic computer. Let’s talk about the amazing facts about this huge computer as it weighed almost 30 tons and could perform only one task. Most importantly, it drew so much power that when it was switched on for the first time, people experienced dimming of lights in Philadelphia region.
As the first-generation computers used almost 18,000 vacuum tubes to process information, the second-generation computers saw a huge improvement as it used transistors instead of vacuum tubes. This not only made things way more compact but also more efficient and reliable. The production for these started in the year 1947, right after the first-gen computers became obsolete. This was the time when the computer started to become smarter as it could support over 100 programming languages and gave users an opportunity to buy them as a commercial use. International Business Machine or IBM as we know it, also started off their business by manufacturing the 650 and 700 to put their name in the market for years to come. This was an enormous success not only for the computer as a system but IBM as well. These computers were so smart that they could play tapes and even printers could be used with them. These type of computer systems lasted for almost 15 years.
Since the year 1963, computers rapidly became more and more compact and the cost of a full computer started to drop to attract more buyers and customers. IBM was already leading the computers segment but in 1980, a company called Microsoft (founded by Bill Gates) introduced Microsoft Disk Operating System or MS-DOS. A year later, IBM also introduced Personal Computers which created a storm in the computer business. To tackle that, Apple (founded by Steve Jobs) came up with the Macintosh in the year 1984 which in today’s time is called Mac. Things were becoming hotter in the computing world and time passed and in the year 1990, Microsoft came up with the Windows operating system. You will be surprised to know that we are still using the third-gen computers which can perform any task in just a few seconds.
- The first ever electronic computer weighs over 30 tons and occupied more than 1900 sq. feet.
- The first ever mouse was carved out of wood and was made by Doug Engelbart in the year 1964
- 3 of the biggest computer manufacturers, Apple, HP, and Microsoft were started in a garage.
- Bill Gates, who is known as one of the richest persons in the world and the founder of Microsoft, designed his first house using a Macintosh.
- The first ever hard drive, which was launched in the year 1979 allowed users to save data worth of 5 MB. What’s even more staggering is that 1 GB Hard Disk was announced in the year 1980. The cost of this one was 40,000 dollars and it weighed 550 pounds.
Come on, this sounds like growing up is a trap! Updates are there to help in making your experience more fluid.
Internet Explorer is the best place to download Google Chrome! Jokes apart, Internet Explorer is as fast as Google Chrome, if not faster. The reason why people like using Google Chrome is that it allows integrated experience as most of us use one Google service or another and Google Chrome just allows users to use all of it without any shutters.
Antivirus is a total waste of space and money if you buy one. If you are Windows 10, then you don’t even have to worry about viruses as Microsoft have an amazing Windows Defender with Rigid Protocols. It is enough to protect your PC.
Caches are created by the applications that you use on your PC. These are files which help in loading data faster and more efficiently. The storage of cache is a blessing to the modern PC, if you clear them, you are probably having a taste of living in the 90s when computer had to load every file again and again.
It is true that modern applications use a lot of memory to access your PC but this is also the reason why we are having 8 GB or 16 GB RAM in our beloved mean machines. If an application uses more memory, it makes it faster and the user interface snappier as it uses less time to load things that you wish to see.
Getting to know so much about the computers, now let’s have humorous time reading the full form of computer related terms:
- ISDN: It Still Does Nothing (And we still don’t know what it really is)
- APPLE: Arrogance Produces Profit Losing Entity 😛
- DOS: Defective Operating System 😀
- IBM: I Blame Microsoft (well, that is true since Microsoft is the reason behind the downfall of IBM) 😀 😀
- WWW: World Wide Wait (even JIO couldn’t change that) 😉
- MACINTOSH: Most Applications Crash, If Not, The Operating System Hangs 😀
- WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System 😛
We hope you enjoyed reading the data related to the computer and some funny full form of computer related terms. Please note that all the full forms mentioned in the posts are just for fun, and they aren’t real full forms. The developers Computer, DOS, MAC, Windows etc… were indeed super smart to not to have such full forms! 😀