We are living in the digital age where extreme gadgets and the internet are things to go with. Businesses are also going online, and when you have to put your business online, you need a website which can be an e-commerce store, a catalog site, or anything that suits your business requirement.
Table of Contents
If you have a fat budget, you can order a website development company to build a website for your business which might be very costly. But if you are low on budget, you won’t be able to get your website developed like this due to the huge cost. So, in that case, you can go for the best alternative which is a Website Builder. Yes, a website builder! There are tons of website builders available both for free and paid which you can use to create websites in just a few hours. These builders are easy to use, SEO friendly, have drag & drop functionalities, and have everything that makes your work of developing a website easy.
One of the most popular website builders is, Wix which offers different type of tools to create different types of websites. You can create almost all type of websites using Wix, and for the online store, they have a separate toolset called Wixstores.
In this blog post, we are going to talk about the website builder by Wix.
Wix is one of leading website builders of the world with more than 72 million registered users across 190 countries. It offers both free and premium subscriptions. With a free subscription, you can make basic websites, and for more complex one, you can go for the premium subscription.
A huge number of prebuilt templates are offered by Wix which help you create websites of your choice with minimum efforts. For example, if you are a dentist, you can choose their template that is specially built for dentistry website. This way, you don’t need to think much but only arrange the stuff, and the website is ready.
- Easy to use => The best thing about Wix website builder is that it is so easy that even you can design your website yourself without having any coding knowledge.
- Simple Drag & Drop Elements => While designing the website using Wix website builder, you just need to drag & drop the stuff to create. For example, if you want to show a text area on your website, you can just drag the text widget in the particular area, and it’s done.
- Wix App Market => It allows you to add many functionalities to your website such as web services, live support, newsletters, contests, reservation tools, testimonials, etc.
- Wix Forum => With the Wix website builder, you can create an online forum for your website as well. You might know how important the forums are for your business.
- Wix Video => This feature allows you to create a complete video-based website on which you can sell the online courses, present your film, create a web series, etc.
- Wix Event => This allows you create events on your websites without much effort.
- Wix Chat => This is my favorite feature as it allows you add chat functionality to your website which users can use to chat with you to get their questions answered. You can change the look of the chat box as well.
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) => With ADI, you can use 16 new color kits. You also have advanced editing option that allows you to customize the design of your website. Just like WordPress, it also offers to work with a rich text editor in which you can make your text Bold, Italic, underline and add hyperlinks, bullets, etc.
- Huge Gallery of Templates => As I said in the beginning that Wix offers tons of templates categorized by different website types. You can choose any one of them to create your website.
- Columns => You can create columns in your website pages using this Wix feature. It allows you split your strips into smaller parts. This is comparatively a new feature. You can watch the video to know more about Columns.
- Responsiveness => Nowadays, there are different sized devices being used by Hence there is need of responsive websites which opens well on devices with different resolutions. The great news is, the websites created using Wix website builder are fully responsive.
- Free hosting => When you create a website using Wix, it is hosted for free on their server.
- LightBox => You can use Lightbox feature to welcome users to your website, show pop up to get subscribers, offer special promotions, etc. This is another on our list that is the newly added feature to Wix.
There are endless features you can find in Wix. You can check out their Features page here where you can see different features are listed category-wise.
Click on the categories, and you will see the various features of Wix listed on the page.
As I have been talking throughout this blog post that it is very easy to create a website using Wix, you can now see how easy it is.
First of all, Signup to Wix by visiting this link or you can visit the home page of Wix, and click on Start Now and there click on Sign up.
Once signed up, Sign in to Wix, and the first screen you will see will look like this:
Select any as per the requirement. I am selecting Blog as of now. Then you will see the below screen:
The choice is yours; you can select anyone which you find good. Since ADI is the new thing, I am going to select this only.
When you click on Start with Wix ADI, you see this:
Select Personal Blog or any which you want. You may get a few more options; select as per your requirements.
Lastly, you will be asked to choose your blog name. Click Next. Follow the On-screen instruction, and keep moving ahead.
Again you will be asked to select a few options; select them as per the requirement. It asked me for the design taste, and I have selected Minimal, and it starts creating the home page.
And, the Home Page is ready.
Now, you can start editing the text and designs using the tools given there.
Clicking on Edit Content will show you this pane on the left where you can edit the texts.
Now using the tools, you can customize the blog as you want. Moreover, if don’t feel comfortable with ADI, you can use traditional Wix Editor as well.
When you select Start with Wix Editor, you are shown a list of templates which you can select and edit. For example, I clicked on Annabelle template.
You will see the editor.
Using the tools shown within the editor, you can fully customize the site.
Once your design is done, just click Publish to make the website live.
Either you do with ADI or Wix editor, you have to publish the site to make it live on the internet. Now, the front design is ready, you can find Manage Blog option, and click it to get the dashboard to start writing blogs.
Click New Post to create a new article. Simple!
As you have seen, create a website using the Wix is very simple. Particularly with the ADI, you don’t have to do much but just clicking.
Within a short span of time, you can create an excellent looking website or blog using Wix.
Wix is an excellent website builder which you must use to create websites if you don’t have much knowledge about building websites because it is so simple that you can use it with zero knowledge.
The basic plan is free, but if you want to go for advanced features, you can check out its pricing by clicking here.
What do you think about Wix? Share your thoughts and views in the comments.
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2nEuWGn