Types of Malware
To understand the importance of Antivirus protection, you should know about the different types of malware (Malicious Software) which has ability to disrupt your system.
- Viruses – Computer viruses are of different types. They are quite hard to detect and they hides in the existing program files to spread to other programs like biological viruses.
- Spyware – It’s a way to steal your personal information like address, passwords, bank details and much more.
- Trojans – It is a trickery program which does not replicate themselves like virus but they can be just as destructive.
- Worms – Worms are standalone virus which spreads themselves automatically to other networks.
- Rootkit – It is being installed by a human which is difficult to find.
- Keyloggers – It is same as spyware to collect your financial and personal information.
- Adware – companies create pop-up ads with less dangerous effect which needs your support to get installed on your system.
- Backdoors – A spam programs by hackers can be called as backdoors and they will be installed for unique purpose.
Not only these, there are some more existing unsafe programs like Wabbits, URL injectors etc. which could cause you to lose some important computer files.
Antivirus is a program which makes your system clean and secure from harmful virus, worms and attacks through scanning process. It detects suspicious websites and files that contain malicious programs before they enter the computer and block malicious tracking software from being downloaded to your system. Automatic virus removal is a simple process, and it is also very extensive.
When we update the Antivirus program, it updates their virus registry. These updates are important because new viruses are released every day, and they can go undetected if the virus scanner is not up to date. A generic anti-virus checks the database or virus signature and a heuristic anti-virus uses heuristic algorithm and checks malicious character in virus behaviour by different statistical and other advanced means.
How Antivirus Software Works?
Antivirus software scans your computer in different ways to detect and clean the malware.
Traditional Antivirus programs use Signature-based malware detection where it scans the files and compares specific codes against the signature database. If it finds duplicate file, it will either delete or quarantine file, based on the program configuration. This type of program needs regular updates and its scanning process doesn’t require internet connectivity.
Some Antivirus software use Behaviour-based malware detection where it monitors the program instead of software build. This type of scanning is called heuristics which has ability to block new viruses. If it detects any abnormal behaviour, either it will let you know or stop the suspicious program.
Other new Antivirus programs use cloud based scanning where client software runs on desktop and establish a connection to the server in the cloud. This type of Antivirus software needs internet connection to check what is happening across your network. It may use the combination of above techniques to find the suspicious actions, block the relevant program and report the incident to cloud.
5 good Antivirus Software I am listing below that you can get to safeguard your PC
- McAfee 2017 AntiVirus Plus-10 Devices [Online Code]
- Norton Security Deluxe 5 Device PC/Mac
- Quick Heal Pro
- AVG Antivirus 2017, 3 PCs, 2 Years
- Avast Internet Security 2017 – 1 Year 3 Users
There are a lot of hackers in world, who every minute makes and spread millions of new viruses. The main purpose of those hackers is to hack and collect your undisclosed information like your social login credentials, email or ATM password, your bank account info and lots more private information.
Other attacks are just for fun to destroy systems. But this is really going to be serious at sometimes. You must have also seen, sometimes in your window that your antivirus stop working, your files automatically deleted, your internet connection becomes very slow, task manager disable, even sometimes your window crashes. All these are effects due to such malware programs.
So you need to install good Antivirus software to detect and remove viruses before they do harm for your computer. Be clear that only installing an antivirus is not sufficient for your security. You have to update it regularly.