WhatsApp is one of the most used and downloaded apps on Android as well as iOS marketplace. It has successfully replaced texting because it works on your existing internet connection over, 4G LTE, 3G or even Wifi.
WhatsApp also recently rolled out the calling feature by using it you can make calls over your internet connection, and all these simple to use and understand features give WhatsApp as a messaging platform an edge over other contenders like WeChat [Read Wechat Tricks 2015], Line, Hike, and others. Due to its popularity Facebook acquired it for $19 billion which was the Facebook’s biggest online acquisition.
With more than 400 million people actively using WhatsApp every month, more people joining it every day, they are definitely the current king of the internet messaging space. Since it is such a great app, there are some really cool tips and tricks that you can try.
Below are few awesome WhatsApp tricks which you can use in 2016 and enjoy:
# Use 2 WhatsApp accounts on the same device
By default, you can use only one WhatsApp account on a device and you cannot choose to have 2 accounts at once. But there is a workaround and you will have to use an app named OGWhatsApp which will allow you to have one more WhatsApp account on your phone or tablet running WhatsApp so you can have two accounts on the same device at once. Let us see how this works.
- Download OGWhatsApp from here
- You can install the APK file like any other app, just make sure you have unknown sources checked in security settings
- Go to Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources and try installing the APK again if you are facing some problems.
- Then start OGWhatsApp and you will be asked to verify your number normally.
- Just proceed normally for registration of your WhatsApp account.
- Now, after the setup you have two WORKING WhatsApp accounts on the same phone!
# Send any type of file through WhatsApp – PDF, DOCX, APK, XLSX etc.
By default, you can send only images and videos using WhatsApp but in this section we will tell you how to send different types of files via WhatsApp.
- Download Dropbox & CloudSend on your device and move to the next step.
- Now open CloudSend on your device first and then it will ask you to connect your Dropbox account.
- Login/Register your account on Dropbox and then connect it with Cloudsend.
- Now whenever you want to share any different type of files, just choose the share option and then choose
- This will upload your files on Dropbox and then you will get an option to share the file via WhatsApp as well!!
# Use a display picture for your profile without cropping
WhatsApp actually just lets you upload pictures that are perfect square in size and sometimes you want to use the pics that show everything instead of just the cropped image and in that case, you can just download an app named #Square Droid.
- Open #SquareDroid app and you will be asked to pick an image.
- Choose the picture and you will be asked to pick from backgrounds. Choose the one that is suitable for the picture you are choosing.
- Choose the background and then save the picture to the gallery using the save button or you can also choose to upload the same photo directly on Instagram.
# Stalk your WhatsApp contact – LITERALLY!!
We are not joking!
If you are in a serious mood to stalk one of your WhatsApp contacts, then you can use an app to know when the contact comes online, this app also tracks when the chosen contact comes online and how much time they spend on WhatsApp and what not.
Now this is kind of creepy, right?
The app is named as WhatsDog and is available for free on Play Store.
- Once you download and install the app, you will need to set it up by making an account.
- After making the account, you will need to choose the number you want to TRACK (*cough* stalk *cough*). 😉
- After setting up the app, you will get notifications when the contact comes online.
Now this is a security loophole in WhatsApp and hopefully they will fix it soon. Know more about WhatsDog App here.
# Sync WhatsApp contact photos to your original contacts
How cool would it be if you would have photos for all your contacts in your phonebook so when they call a picture will be shown on the incoming call screen?
An app named Contact Photo Sync will help you in importing the photos from WhatsApp and setting them up for your phone book. The setup is manual so you have to choose the photos one by one.
- Download the app from Play Store.
- Open the app and it will scan your contacts and it will tell you the ones that are on WhatsApp as well.
- You can choose a contact and then the app will open WhatsApp and you just have to open their profile picture and this app will capture it from there.
- The profile picture for that specific profile will be set automatically by the app.
You need to do this one by one for contacts you want to do it for.
There are many sites out there which mislead people into trying things that do not work in 2016 on WhatsApp but we have tested and only then compiled the list of tricks you can try with WhatsApp in 2016.
If you have any more tricks in your knowledge then we would love to know about them in the comments section below.
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2bCCQer