In this article we are going to talk about WebGL hit a snag virus. It is actually not a virus but an error but it so annoying that many people call it a virus
The full form of WebGL is the ‘web graphics library’. WebGL is used in web applications and is a graphics API, where API stands for an application programming interface. It is designed to render interactive 3D and 2D graphics within a browser-based on compatibility without using any plug-ins. When you see “Rats! WebGL hit a snag” on your browser as an error, its common to have panicked. But, then let us assure you that it is easy to do away. However, if not resolved, this could cause a lot of issues in your system with the graphics unit.
“Rats! WebGL HIT A SNAG” AND ITS EFFECTS ON THE OPERATING SYSTEM
This warning could be displayed when you try to stream videos of high quality, and your system is not able to take the load caused by such high-quality videos. You might just see the message while doing one or multiple of the following activities in your system.
- it can distract you while you are playing videos of high quality of even games that demand high graphics.
- It might not let you access certain websites.
- Even after refreshing the page that you are it, restarting your browser or even the computer, the warning keeps showing up.
- This can not only cause hindrance to smooth and sufficient working but also lead to distraction and inconvenience.
It is an issue that is faced by systems that have an error while using WebGL. Normally, the installation of WebGL is meant to improve the quality of the functioning of your system. However, if this warning shows up even in the presence of WebGL, then, it can lead to many issues. The problem could be caused due to dysfunctional drivers, outdated browsers, or various other reasons.
How to Fix the WebGL hit a snag?
There are multiple ways by which you can fix it. However, in this case, the solution varies significantly when the issue occurs in a computer to when it appears in an android device. Do not worry; we would explain both!
When the error occurs while using chrome:
Disabling graphics that are accelerated by hardware:
You should try this out before you try out any other method. For this, follow the steps:
- Go to Settings on your Chrome browser.
- Click on Advanced.
- Then click on “System”.
- Look for “Use hardware acceleration when available” and uncheck it.
- Now restart your browser.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue, try out the next method.
The next thing you should try doing is disabling WebGL, this might just sort your problem about the “Rats! WebGL hit a Snag” virus. Do this using the following steps:
- Type in “chrome://flags” in the search bar of Google chrome.
- Now, search for WebGL and change the settings for it from enable to disable.
- After changing the settings for WebGL, look at your browser’s lower-right side. You will see and option there that says “Relaunch Now”.
- Click on it and the problem should get solved.
If the issue still persists, well, then read on!
Reset your browser
If the methods provided above fail to resolve the issue, then carry out the steps involved in this method of resetting your browser.
- Open the settings for chrome
- Now click on advanced settings.
- Now, look for “Reset and clean up”.
- Under this, you will be able to see “restore settings to their original defaults”. Click on it. Next, you will be asked if you want to reset your browser. For this, select “Reset Settings” and then restart your browser.
- This should be able to fix the problem.
Do keep in mind that restarting the browser will get rid of all the cookies and extensions. However, the saved bookmarks, history, etc. will, however, remain intact.
“Rats! WebGL HIT A SNAG” on Android:
If you face the same problem while you are using chrome on your android device, then fixing it will not be much different from the methods used for computers.
Clear the Cache:
This is the first thing you want to try on your browser. To clear cache on your browser, carry out the following steps:
- Go to settings
- Now click on privacy.
- Now look for an option that says “Clear browsing data” and click on it.
- You can unselect “browsing history” if you don’t want your browsing history to be deleted. You can uncheck cookies and site data as well in the same manner for the same purpose.
- Now click on “Clear Data”.
If this doesn’t help, then you might just try the next process and it would help you sort out the problem.
Update Your Browser
There is another way to go about it, which is, by updating your browser. For this, go to GooglePlay store and begin updating your browser. If this also doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling and installing the app again.
There are not too many options for you to fix the “Rats! WebGL hit a snag” issue when it occurs on Android. However, it is not the most complex of problems to fix as the basic steps outlined above would usually fix it.
There are a lot of errors that one may get to experience. Although “Rats! WebGL hit a Snag” is not one of the viruses actually but an error, but then it surely can harm your experience to a great extent. Thus, many people term it as a virus as well
We have thus tried to make sure that we do provide you with the best possible solutions to the problem for any platform that it might occur on. You might just follow the steps that have been mentioned above and you would have the issue sorted.