Samsung Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung releases their most awaited flagships in the Galaxy S series every year which sets some benchmarks in smartphones and the features they offer. The Samsung Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge are two flagships launched by Samsung that carry the same specifications but different screens.
The screen on the S6 Edge is curved on both sides making it one of a kind smartphone in the market right now. But sadly these Galaxy S6 phones sometimes come bundled with contracts from service providers that are not that good, and you might want to get rid of them. To do that you need to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S6 or the S6 Edge is very easy. You just need to have your IMEI number that you can get by dialing a simple code, and you need to enter it on one of the two sites we have mentioned in the procedures section below.
Without any further ado, let us see how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge without any problems.
This how-to guide to unlock your Samsung smartphones is only for educational purpose, and I advise you to unlock your phone only if it is legal in your country. If your country considers it illegal, then please don’t do this.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge – Procedure
The procedure is very easy to follow and just make sure that you follow the proper tutorial that we have mentioned here to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge without any flaws.
- Go to UnlockUnit.com or UnlockScope.com first of all.
- You need to retrieve your IMEI number from your phone to unlock it, and you need to submit it on one of the two websites we have mentioned above. They will be taking your IMEI number that will be needed to provide you the unlock code that will be used to unlock your phone.
- To get your IMEI number, just open your phone’s dialer and dial *#06#, and your phone will show you the IMEI number.
- Now go to above-mentioned the website and choose the phone model and manufacturer that you are trying to unlock.
- In this case, we are going to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 for demo purposes. So choose that phone and enter your details.
- Now you will need to make a payment and just choose the payment method in order to get your unlock code.
- The unlock code will be sent to you by email as soon as possible.
- Now that you have the unlock code, just insert the new SIM card of a different carrier in your phone and wait for the phone to ask you the unlock code.
- Enter the unlock code that you received by email and your phone will be unlocked.
So, as you can see it is a simple and easy to follow process that even a tech novice can follow and unlock their phone successfully.
But many people have doubts regarding unlocking phones. Doubts such as the legality of the process are often considered so let us know if the process of unlocking a phone is legal or not in the next section of the post.
Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S6 video
Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge video
Find more video Tutorial for unlocking different smartphones by clicking here
Is unlocking a phone legal?
Many people have this question in their mind when they go for unlocking their device. There have been many disputes in the past but in the current time it is totally OK and legal to unlock your device in USA.
Once your contract with your service provider’s term is over, no service provider can deny your request to unlock your phone. In August of 2014, President Obama signed Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act hence making it legal to unlock your phone USA.