One of the biggest problems for most bloggers is the lack of website traffic.
Even though if you are working really hard to get more website traffic, you may not see any traffic boost. Have you ever wondered why?
What it takes to get massive traffic from search engines to your websites? Why most blogs fail to get more organic traffic. And how can you increase your website traffic without sweating much. We’ll discuss few traffic strategies in this article without much ado.
Before diving into the details, I want to talk about one thing. Why most blogs struggle to get more traffic?
Although there are a lot of reasons that cause your site traffic, but the obvious reasons a site is lacking traffic are;
- Not focusing on SEO optimization
- Not focusing on social media and
- Not engaging with readers.
If you’re doing any of the above, stop doing immediately and start following few traffic generation tips to increase traffic to your websites.
1. Make your website unique
Why would anyone read your blog? If you have something new and something really valuable, no one ever would leave your blog without subscribing.
Always ask yourself this question – what makes my blog unique from rest of the crowd? If you have convincing answers, you will definitely build a better blog that gets more traffic and sales.
First of all, create a unique responsive design and get a professional looking logo for your websites. Make sure your site is optimized well for both search engines and mobiles. Use search friendly themes like Genesis, Thesis, Elegant themes etc.
By having an appealing site design you can double or even triple your page views each and every single day. Also make sure to use fonts that are easy to read and make it at least 14 to 16 px as the font size.
2. Perform keyword research
One of the major reasons most bloggers don’t get any traffic from search engines is because they don’t perform keyword research. Finding profitable keywords is perhaps the only way to increase your search traffic.
It doesn’t matter how great your content is, you need to have a proper SEO strategy that involves in using great keywords in every post you write. Without optimizing your blog posts or web pages for search engines, you won’t increase your website traffic.
Knowing your competitor’s website traffic is one of the effective ways to find out profitable keywords. So next time, when you’re performing keyword research don’t forget to spy on your competitor’s website traffic.
3. Harness social media’s power
Although search engine traffic is the highest quality traffic source you can ever get to your websites, but it takes time and efforts to increase organic traffic. This is where social media comes in handy where even beginners can drive instant traffic to their websites.
You don’t have to build a huge fan base on your twitter or Facebook profiles to increase your traffic from social media sites. All you have to do is to promote your content in such way that anyone would like to click on your posts.
Here are few tips to drive more traffic from social media sites:
- Make more use of sharing buttons on your websites. Don’t use every sharing button that comes along. 2 to 3 major social media sharing buttons are enough. If you give more sharing options to your readers, they will get overwhelmed and they choose nothing. Less is always more in sharing.
- Promote your posts on social media sites at right times. Timing is the key to get more likes, shares and tweets. Wednesdays are usually best for posting on twitter to get more user engagement while weekends fetch more likes and shares on Facebook. So time your posts well!
- Use powerful headlines on your posts. Most people while reading social media stuff read headlines. If they are eye-grabbing, they will immediately click on your links.
- Ask your readers, fans and followers to share and promote your articles with their network. If they like your stuff, they will definitely promote your articles.
- Frequently promote others articles by using @mentions and tags on Facebook, twitter and Google+. This way you are not only helping others but you are also promoting the quality stuff with others.
4. Get more visibility around blogosphere
To increase your website traffic, you need to first spread your name around your blogging community. If people know you, they will trust you, link you and share your stuff whenever you post something on your blogs or websites.
Here are few evergreen ways to get more online visibility:
- Leave thoughtful comments: Don’t just leave any comments, but read the posts thoroughly and leave mesmerizing comments that impress others. Only then you will be able to grab both the author’s and other bloggers attention. Never write blog comments just for the sake of getting links or traffic. Use blog comments as a way to comment and share your knowledge with others. Leave a minimum of 100 blog comments every month to get the most out of blog commenting.
- Write guest posts: Guest blogging is still one the most powerful ways to spread your name online. By writing powerful guest posts, you will not only build loyal community but you will also get tons of traffic from the guest blogging sites. Try to aim at publishing at least 5 guest posts every month to increase your website traffic.
- Start participating in blogging forums: Join forums that are related to your blogging niche and start participating in the discussion. Start getting to know other active bloggers and comment on their links. Blogging forums like Blokube, BizSugar, BlogInteract etc can help you get more traffic.
5. Create compelling headlines
Did you know that 9 out of 10 people first read your headlines then your content? If your headlines are boring, they are simply not going to click on your links.
Your headlines are shown in search results, social media links, tweets and everywhere. So the simplest way to increase your website traffic is to learn the art of crafting powerful headlines.
Read Jon Morrow’s Headline Hacks guide (free) to create compelling titles for your next blog posts and other web pages.
So what are your thoughts? What are the other tips do you have to increase site traffic? Please leave your comments below.