VPN short for Virtual Private Network allows you to browse the web anonymously and also helps you to unblock the blocked content. Sometimes, if you want to watch some TV shows or access a website that is blocked in your country, you can just switch to a VPN service, and choose the server of the country in which it is not blocked, and access that easily.
Apart from these benefits, when you browse through VPN, your connection is secure as well, and that is why it is highly recommended to use VPN nowadays. If you are one of those who access Dark Web, VPN service is must.
Though there is a huge list of VPN services, there are few that are good ones such as NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Shellfire VPN, etc.
Today I am here to share the review of Shellfire VPN which I have been using for over a month, and things are going quite fine.
Shellfire VPN is a VPN service that you can use for free of cost to browse the internet anonymously. If some sites are blocked in your region, and you want to access them, then this VPN will be a great help. They have both free and premium VPN plans.
In the free plan, you get free VPN servers to use which are comparatively slower than the premium once which means your browsing speed will suffer more. On the other hand, if you go with the premium plan, you get access to premium VPN servers which offer good browsing speed. Point to note that in any case, your internet speed will reduce when you use VPN because your requests are tunneled through VPN servers, and then reach to the website server that you want to access. So, due to this tunneling, speed gets reduced.
- They have 35 VPN servers which mean you get access to 19 different servers that you can use to connect. They are of different countries.
- Very easy Windows-based client available and same for Mac as well.
- Unblocks the blocked websites on your PC or even if you want to access region-blocked websites, you can do it.
- Different protocol support is there such as OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
- 14-days money back guarantee which is a great feature as if you bought its plan, and within 14 days, if you don’t like their services, you can ask for a refund, and they will do it.
- No DNS/IP leaks: There are many VPN services that when you use for unblocking websites, and browse anonymously, they still leak your actual IP. Yes, this is called DNS leak where even you are using VPN, you are not completely protected. So, while buying any VPN services, do check if it leaks DNS. Luckily, No DNS leaks found when I tested using com while I was connected to Shellfire VPN. The tool showed the different ISP, and location when connected. And, when VPN is off, it showed the actual. For your information, if there is DNS leak, even if you are connected to VPN, this tool will still show your actual ISP and your IP address.
- They have no logging policy which means they don’t save anything when you use it to browse the internet.
- When you are connected to shellfire VPN, your connection is secured with encrypted with 256-bit security (Premium Plus plan). However, they have different security encryption as per the plans. Higher the plan more is the secure connection.
- Good connection speeds if you use Premium servers. Free servers damn slow. When I tested my internet speed without the VPN, it was 20MBPS, and when connected with a free VPN server, it went down to 1MBPS. But, when I used premium one, the speed was still good. At times, the premium servers give almost same speed as normal with a different of only 2-3 MBPS, but that is sometimes. On an average, it seemed to reduce by 8-10 MBPS from actual speed.
- Using Shellfire VPN keeps you safe from DNS Hijacking as well.
Without VPN [Speed test by Speedtest.net]
With VPN [Speed test by Speedtest.net]
The difference doesn’t bother you if you are on a high speed internet connection but if you are the one who is using the comparatively slower connection, then using this VPN may reduce your speed to the level where you cannot use browser properly. However, this is not the only case with Shellfire VPN; every VPN reduces the internet speed to a good extend.
To use Shellfire VPN, first of all, you have to download its desktop client, and then start using it. Moreover, the first thing you should do is to sign up for it.
Step 1: Sign up for shellfire account.
Step 2: Download the desktop client from the download page on the official website.
Step 3: click to launch the setup file as shown in the above screenshot, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete with the installation.
Step 4: Once installed, launch it, and it will ask for login. Log in with your account credentials.
Step 5: After you logged in, you can see the User interface of the client. Click “Server list Show list of all VPN servers”. This will show you the list of VPN servers. Select any of the servers you want, and click connect.
It will take some time to establish the connection.
Note: You can use the premium server only if you have bought the premium plan.
Wait for it to be connected.
Once connected, you will see a notification on your desktop like this:
That’s all. You are now connected to VPN server, and all of your requests will go through the VPN server. Now, you can access the blocked websites as well.
Below is the pricing table to give you the full information about the features you get in each plan, and their pricing.
As you see, the better plan you get, the better encryption you get along with better speed. Also, more VPN servers to choose from.
In my test, I found Shellfire VPN is a nice VPN service. However, I won’t say it is the best, but it’s quite fine to use. I am currently using it whenever I need VPN, and it does the job pretty well. Since I am using its premium plan; I have access to the fast servers that are good to use.
If you need a VPN, I would surely be recommending Shellfire VPN. Moreover, if you don’t like their services, you can cancel your subscription within 14 days, and get your money refunded since they offer 14 days money back guarantee.
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Short URL: https://ttw.tips/2Gsfd64