The 21st era is no less than an Internet savvy arena! 😎 Gone are the days when people used to rely on traditional modes of communication like the ageold telegraph service. If we were to discuss about the recent times then, the most in thing as on date as far as passage of communication is concerned is nothing, but excessive reliance on email for the sake of forwarding communication between people based in two different corners.
[Recommended Reading: Free Temporary Email Address Generators]
Top 10 Free Email Services
Let us now direct our discussion to the most popular free email service providers making the rounds of late. Talking about the most followed email service provider, the first name that is likely to pop up in each of our minds is Gmail! 😎
- GMail – GMail which is known to be launched on 1st April 2004 by Paul Buchhiiet and so also is known to enjoy a user base of 425 million users.
- Yahoo! – Next up is Yahoo which was launched on October 8, 1997 by the dashing duo Jerry Yang and David Filo and is known to possess a user base of 281 million users. Marissa Mayer is the current CEO of Yahoo!
- Hotmail – Yet another free email service provider is Hotmail, which was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and later taken over by Microsoft in the year 1995, which is another service provider known to have a user base of 286 million users.
- Rediff – Rediff is another free email service provider introduced by Ajit Balakrishnan on 8th February 1997 having a user base of 45 million users.
- AOL – Next up is AOL, which was founded in 1983 by Jim Kimsey and Steve Case, which is known to contain a user base of 10 million users.
- Sky Mail – Yet another popular free email service provider is Sky mail, which was introduced in October 2007 enjoying a user base of 1 million users and founded by James Murdoch.
- Mail.com – Similarly, another top email service provider is nothing, but Mail.com, which was introduced in 1995 by Gerald Goman, which is now known to have a user base of 14.6 million users.
- Zoho Mail – Yet another recently launched free email service provider is Zoho mail, which was launched in 2005 by Sridhar Verma and is known to have a user base of over 8 million users.
- Shortmail – Shortmail is another popular free email service provider introduced by Dave Troy on 29th June 2011 having a following of 3.1 million users
- Big String – Last, but no the least comes Big String mail, which is known to be presented by Darin Myman in October 2003 having a customer base of almost 2.4 million users.
Yahoo Wishlist – Get Your Desired Username
Yahoo Wishlist – One latest news coming out of the kitty of Yahoo is its brand new initiative about freezing across accounts, which have been inactive for over a year now. This particular activity which has now become the talk of the town has been fondly named as the Yahoo Wishlist. The idea behind this initiative is to allow the current as well as new Yahoo users to get their hands on a username of their choice. Yahoo is planning to achieve the same by “giving away the freezed Email Ids”.
Make you Yahoo wish list by 7th August 2013 and get the email username that you always wanted!
We also get to hear about a certain association between Yahoo and Facebook, which particularly states that every time when you visit your Facebook Login Page in order to reset your password a brand new header would go ahead and remind Yahoo to check the age of your account before delivering any kind of mail to you. The header that we are talking about here is the Require-Recipient-Valid-Since header. Furthermore, if this header happens to flash Facebook’s last confirmed date, which if happens to be less than the date on which your new Yahoo ownership has initiated, then the mail will then bounce back to Facebook.
So what are you waiting for? Haven’t prepared your Yahoo Wishlist till now? Go ahead addup your favorite usernames in your Yahoo Wishlist! 🙂
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2bsClG6