The main success factor of any project including online businesses should be trust generated from visitors or customers.
This article is meant for website owners who are interested in long-term prospects. Below you will find a list of factors grouped by categories affecting trust of the crawler to the website.
Rule #1: Content
- It should be unique. The robot must be sure that the content of the website is exclusive. If the content in principle cannot be unique in a certain area it will come into play other factors of trust listed below.
- There should be no errors in the text. Syntax and punctuation errors can reduce trust of both visitors and search engines.
- Frequent updates which indicate that someone is working over the site and the content is relevant.
Rule #2: Outbound links
- There should be no broken links. Working links indicate good moderation of the resource and, therefore, care about users. Robots track it.
- Place links to reliable sources. In the articles it is good to make reference to researches and analysis, presentations and patents. It is not good to make reference to obscure resources of questionable content.
- It’s good if on your website someone places a thematic link to a resource that is interesting not only for robots but also users. Otherwise it is better to abandon the sale of links from your website.
Rule #3: Contacts
- The physical address of the office on the website confirms that the website represents a real business, so if you forgot to specify it on the website do not be lazy to do it now.
- The working hours available on your website show your care and, consequently, increase trust.
- Phone especially round-the-clock one and email suggests the possibility of rapid communication with the company. Their presence adds credibility to the site.
- Do not forget to participate in social network services.
- It’s also good to have Live Chat and feedback available.
Rule #4: Pages
To show users that a website belongs to a real organization, you should create the following pages on your website:
People just used to see these pages on the corporate websites.
Rule #5: Usability
- Try to provide your content to users as soon as possible using a good hosting.
- Point to prices in the website, customers will appreciate it.
- Absence of advertising is also care about the user.
Rule #6: Incoming links
- Referring to quality resources you will strengthen the credibility of the search engines.
- Do not apply spam methods.
- Unnatural spikes in backlinks volumes are easy to fix. Strive for natural growth.
- If there are references only from directories or blogs it is always suspicious.
Rule #7: Demand
If you are searched by website address or the company name, it is a good signal.
- Such referrals like the brand ones are evidence of work over demand improvement that in turn raises trust.
- Any type of reference to your site on other websites says that you are popular, but thoroughly check these links in order to make sure they don’t harm your site.
Rule #8: Domain
The following factors will increase the credibility of your website:
- the presence of SSL-certificate;
- domain registration for 10 years.
These factors are important in the complex. In other words, do not try to cheat one factor in the hope to improve significantly the credibility of the website.
On the other hand, if everything is alright with your website, some extra tips listed above will strengthen the trust and no efforts of the competitor will remove your website from the top.
Andrew Smith is a SEO Manager and Internet Strategist at QArea Offshore Software Development Company. This company specializes in web development, QA Testing, SEO and mobile software development services. He enjoys writing about SEO, social media and IT technologies.