Seems like Indian Railways are trying hard to be a part of the smartphone world. After launching an app for booking tickets, another app is here. Center for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) has released a new app called as National Train Enquiry System (NTES). The National Train Enquiry System (NTES) is a comprehensive system which offers information to the users about train running on near real time basis through various modes like nationwide unique rail enquiry number 139, counter enquiry, website, touch screens, mobile interfaces and display boards at stations. And now CRIS has made an app for both Android users and windows users. CRIS is an IT wing of railways which earlier launched the NTES app only for Windows Phone.
The app has many amazing features like checking on the current running status for trains along with time of arrival and departure. Even if trains are cancelled, a user can view all the details along with the location of his train between stations.
Features of the app:
The app provides all information like train-running related and real-time status queries for all trains of India.
- A user can spot his train.
- Live station and train schedule information.
- Get information on train between stations and cancelled trains.
- Information like rescheduled trains and diverted trains can also be accessed.
“With this launch, it has now become easier for the public to get information on expected arrival and departure timings of a particular train and other related information for the benefit of rail passengers,” a senior Railway Ministry official said.
How to use the app?
- App can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. It is free to use and is very small in size.
- You need android 2.3 or later versions to use the app.
- Now on the home screen of the app, you can find options like Spot your train, live station, train schedule, train between stations, cancelled trains and lot.
- The app has got user friendly interface and is easy to use.
The app has got an average of 4.3 stars out of 5 and is already downloaded by more than 8000 users. This app is very useful for all those people who travel on daily basis and finds it difficult to get these kind of information. However, there are many things missing like PNR status and fare enquiry but still something is better than nothing.