On September 5th 2014, Motorola released the official announcement of its first generation Smartwatch, Moto 360 for $249. This highly anticipated Android wear links the online world to your wrist and you may speak to this tech gadget to get the information you need. Not only these, you can create notes, respond calls, set reminders and so on with this phone companion. Recent news of Moto 360 Smartwatch is that it has been listed on the E-commerce giant, Flipkart for sale. Let’s have a deeper look of this Android wear Smartwatch and its availability details thorough this post.
Things that you need to know about Moto 360 smartwatch
Following are the imperative things that you need to know about the head turning Motorola’s first wearable, Moto 360.
Moto 360 Design
The body of Moto 360 is constructed from plastic and stainless steel which has a circular display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection to prevent the device from scratches. It would give a premium smartwatch feel and guarantee comfy fit to its users. Motorola has decided to release this wearable tool in different models like light/dark stainless steel case with gray/black Horween leather band and you will get Moto 360 smartwatch with stainless steel band by paying extra $50. Based on wearing style, its screen automatically orients itself to display. There is a single circular button on the side of the Android watch to bring up the system menu.
Set up of Moto 360
Setting up of Moto 360 involves downloading the Android wear App from Google Play store. Then you need to simply pair up your smartwatch with your smartphone for booting and specify the preferred apps to be installed. You can use Motorola connect app to customize certain parts of the device. You could also personalize the watch faces, choose time zones, and change background colors etc. to make your own experience.
Moto 360 Specifications
Below are the dazzling specifications of Moto 360
- Display – 1.56” LCD screen with 320 X 290 pixel resolution
- Weight & Dimension – 49g, 46mm diameter X 11.5mm high
- Processor – Runs on Texas Instruments OMAP 3 processor
- Memory – 512 MB RAM with 4 GB internal storage
- OS – Android Wear
- Battery – 320 mAh (Wireless charging with charging dock)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy)
- Compatibility – Android 4.3 or high
Remarkable features of Moto 360
Some of the significant features of Moto 360 are as follows:
- You would ensure a comfortable fit with its round design.
- Its finest materials are carefully chosen and crafted and thus looks pretty with its elegant quality industrial design.
- It has built-in pedometer and heart activity app to have a healthier heart.
- As it displays timely notifications based on your activities, you will stay on track by getting alerts related to weather, flight, traffic etc.
- In general, Android wear has excellent voice control features and thus this device responds well to your voice.
- This admirable digital tool can withstand water damage up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes (IP67).
- A variety of analog and digital preloaded watch faces available for this wrist device which would let you to customize its face.
- Its battery lasts for one day and you could able to see the time when it is charging on its dock at night.
- It works very well with Moto G, Mo to X, Nexus 5 and Samsung, Sony and HTC devices which runs on Android.
- Only one physical button, ambient light sensor, vibration motor and dual microphones are the other notable features of Moto 360.
Where to buy Moto 360 online?
Moto 360 went on sale in the United States on September 5th through Motorola’s official store, US Google Play and BestBuy.com. There was a word from Motorola that this Android Wear powered smartwatch will go on sale in India via Google Play by the end of this month. Meanwhile, Flipkart has started to tease this device with the words on social media like “its’ time to wear your style, coming soon on Flipkart” but there is no official word on its price in India. The price of Moto 360 will be disclosed once it hit the Flipkart stores later this month.
Motorola has already stolen our hearts with the second generation smartphones like Moto G & Moto X and now it officially announced its first Android Wear companion gadget, Moto 360 to wear on your wrist. This splendid gadget can be paired to any Android device that runs on Android 4.3 or high via Bluetooth technology and it won’t contain any camera. As I stated early, it would allow you to receive notifications from your Android phone and access voice control using “Ok Google” feature.
It is expected that the Moto 360 will battle with current smartwatches in the market, LG GWatch and Samsung Gear Live. We have to wait for its arrival as it has been recently listed for sale on Flipkart with the rumored price tag Rs. 15,000.
What is your opinion about this tech wearable from Motorola? Would you like to buy the most exciting smartwatch, Moto 360? Express your thoughts in comment section as I’d like to know your opinion.