The world of internet marketing is gaining popularity on everyday basis. Everything is going online and if you see in recent years, there are many businesses went online, even nowadays students love to opt for online entrepreneurship rather than going to search for a job.
If I talk about the bloggers then their primary means of monetization is Google Adsense. Thus maximum revenue earned by them comes from Adsense.
Google Adsense is a PPC program which offers publishers to show ads on their blog and earn for every click their readers make on the ads.
To get started with this advertising program you need to have an approved adsense account. The first thing you need is a website or blog with enough content and which adhere the terms and policies of adsense. Once you have a site like this, you can apply for Adsense.
Once you get the account you can place ads on your site to earn. So basically Google takes space from you to show its advertisers’ ads on them and in return it offers you a a good percentage of the revenue.
But let me make it clear that unlike other advertising platforms, Google is very strict and if it finds you doing something which are against the policies, then it can ban your account forever.
Thus, basically you need to keep your Adsense account safe. One more thing, Even if someone do invalid activities like click bombing and all, your account might be banned thus there is a need of extra care while working with this platform. There are few important things you should keep in mind in order to keep your AdSense safe which you will read further in this post.
Things to do
First thing is to create a website with an interesting topic so that you can grab good chunk of traffic. Make sure that the niche of your website is attractive and have a high demand. For example fashion, technology, health etc. Add the most relevant content and post on regular basis. Choose the right keywords while preparing content. Search on Google keyword planner tool for low competition keywords with high search volumes.
Avoid duplicate content on your site. Always write informative and unique content.
!More traffic more earning!
Things to keep your AdSense safe
Now Assuming you have got an AdSense account for your site, there are things you need to avoid to keep your Adsense account safe as I said earlier in this post. Now the main thing which blocks your Google AdSense account is the irrelevant/invalid clicks.
The more people click on the ads the more you earn and Google too earn this way. But when you try to become clever and start clicking on the ads on your site, Google will 100% ban your account because in such case the Advertisers who are spending money on Google advertising will be facing loss and thus they can even stop investing in Google adwords which result into a heavy loss for Google.
Thus, To make their advertisers’ money safe Google bans accounts with invalid activities. Following are the things you must avoid to keep your Google AdSense account safe.
- Make sure you are not clicking the ads yourself as Google robots can find out which clicks are the relevant ones and which are not. Also never ask your friends to do so for you.
- Do not create multiple accounts and click the ads because Google keeps an eye on your IP address. If you’ll do any such things it will block your account instantly.
- Make sure you are having only one account with your details and IP. Trying to have multiple accounts from same IP can result into ban of all of your accounts.
- Add relevant content which AdSense allows and never add the things it has already restricted such as pornography, hacking tips and so on.
- Don’t generate fake traffic to your blog/website to increase earning because it may have negative impact and account might be banned.
- Do not place your ad codes on your newly born websites. Put ads only on the sites which are having few pages and have enough content over them.
- Always be alert and proactive for your AdSense account.
- When it is not necessary do not share your URLs of all of your blogs which are having Adsense account because there are people who feel jealous at times and they start doing invalid clicks to make sure your account gets banned.
These are few short and simple rules and suggestions which you should follow to keep your AdSense account safe forever.
Further Reading: 10 best Adsense Alternatives
Post Updated on 20-01-2015