Do you often travel in train? Are you getting upset while booking the train tickets on Tatkal scheme? Then this post is for you!
Booking a ticket under IRCTC Tatkal system is like winning a lump sum amount in the lottery. As this scheme has only few tickets, most of them get booked in few seconds. You need to be very quick to book your confirmed Tatkal ticket.
Through this post I wanna discuss some useful tips on “how to book IRCTC Tatkal tickets online in few seconds?” Let me begin with the basics!
Most of the trains have some tickets which cannot be reserved before a particular time period. You can book those tickets only after 24 hours in advance of train departure. i.e. Say if the train is schedule to start at 11AM on Wednesday, you can book tickets online for that train under Tatkal scheme after 10 AM on Tuesday.
Limitations of booking Train tickets under Tatkal scheme
Booking tickets under Tatkal scheme has the following limits.
- Excessive rush to get train tickets and thus the server of the IRCTC website runs too slow.
- Limited number of seats (Only 2 seats can be booked with same IP)
- Filling passenger information is time-consuming.
- Sometimes, CAPTCHA verification would annoy a lot.
- Cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets will not get refund.
If you want to book the train tickets under Tatkal method, you have to face the above restrictions. But, I can give you some handy tips to book the IRCTC Tatkal tickets in a fast manner.
Book IRCTC Tatkal Tickets online quickly
If you want to book the Tatkal train tickets online through IRCTC website, you have to fill the forms in a quick way. Using Auto-fill plug-ins is one of the best ways to carry out the fast Tatkal ticket booking. One of my favorite plugin is MyRailinFo.
MyRailInfo is an excellent extension available for both Google Chrome and Firefox to save your journey details. You may use these gathered travel details to fill the Tatkal forms automatically.
This amazing auto fill extension is completely free & easy to use and you may book your Tatkal ticket in just 19 sec. This plugin is developed by Deepak Yadav from myRailinfo.in.
Here is the video on how to use the MyRailInfo plug-in:
Best Practices to get confirmed Tatkal Tickets
Below are some of the good routines to obtain the train tickets online through Tatkal method.
- Log-in to IRCTC website at 9.45 AM IST (15 minutes earlier)
- Search your train to travel through station names and keep doing some tasks.
- Note down the essential information needed to book the tickets and keep on refreshing the page.
- To avoid getting “Session Expired” page, try to click on the Find button at 10 AM sharply.
- Opening the “Terms & Conditions” page which is under the General section of IRCTC website in other browser and refreshing it for every 2 minutes will help you to keep the session alive for long time.
- If you’re not using the IRCTC account for more than 3 minutes, you’ll get “Session Expire Error”. Thus, you may install the “Auto Refresh” add-on for your Chrome/Firefox browser and set time in seconds to refresh the page automatically.
- Close all the other applications and websites during the Tatkal hours. Just keep IRCTC website and Auto-fill plug-in open in your system.
- Deleting the unwanted/temporary applications and deactivation of Anti-virus software on your PC would help you a little when booking the Tatkal train tickets.
- Select the best payment method which has less page redirection and a reduced amount of time to process your transaction.
IRCTC Tatkal method was specifically launched for the people who are planning their journey at the last moment or unavoidable emergency travel. Most of the times it is so difficult to book the train tickets under Tatkal scheme due to the load on the server.
So, I recommend you to use the high-speed internet connection and the above discussed latest tricks to get the confirmed Tatkal tickets with ease. Do you know any other trick to book the Tatkal train tickets rapidly? Share your views and experience in comment section.
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2bsy6uh