Blogging , the word sends chills up the spinal cords of many of us, well atleast mine, we get into blogging for various reasons while most of us including me are there in it for money, many claim that they have a passion for writing, want to spread awareness, like interacting, want to do something in spare time etc… (but if they are so anti-money, why do they block me, when i send them my A/C no. and ask to transfer their money). Moving forward from money, i have noticed the blogging community in recent years has exploded like an Al-Qaeda bomb, and it now seems every other person is a blogger or has something to do with a blog.
The boom in the number of bloggers can be largely attributed to the simplicity with which you can blog, you no more require to be a computer whiz-kid to do it, if you know how to start a computer and you are willing to sacrifice your social life (mandatory to become a successful blogger), then you can blog too. The process has been simplified due to Applications available which automatically does everything, and you just have to type the content and press publishes. these applications are present on multitude of platforms and not only restricted to your PC, and in this article, I am going to talk about some of the iPad applications which have made the life of a blogger relatively easier, mind you it’s not still not normal, and we still have to stay away from friends (if there are any left). No more waiting in the bus or metro and getting anxious about the work you have to do on your blog, if you have an iPad you can do it on the go. These following applications can make your iPad useful for blogging, and you may not use it just to play Angry Birds.
- WordPress- Yes, you read it right WordPress is available for iPad, if you have a word press blog you can manage it all through this application, and there is another thing that will delight you, it’s FREE!!. All the options like adding images, sound captions, editing all are available on the iPad version of WordPress. So if you have an iPad and you are a blogger don’t wait download it without giving it a second thought.
- BLOGSY – Although you have to loosen your purse’s string in order to enjoy this application, precisely $5, but it gives you every penny’s worth, and you will surely feel money well spent. With Blogsy you can drag and drop photos from instagram, Picasa, flicker, Facebook etc. into your blog post. Same goes for the videos you can drag and drop videos from YouTube and Vimeo. Formatting text has been made easier by this application and also you can create and send richly formatted E-mail. Blogsy is more or less like every blogger’s wet dream.
- DRAGON DICTATION- This is probably my favorite, probably because I am very fickle minded and my choices and preferences change like a new blogger changes his blog’s theme, nonetheless dragon dictation is an easy to use voice recognition application, through which you can instead of typing just speak and text will automatically appear on the screen, you can compose Blogs, Facebook updates, tweets etc… through this.
- BLOGGER– Another free application for you cheapos out there, ‘Blogger’ allows you to use more than one blogger account; you can also add images to your posts not only from the application but also from the pads library. One more things one can also easily edit and re-post previously posted blogs.
- BlogPress- This application might be a little difficult for beginners and they may find it difficult to use but once you get accustomed to it will prove to you a very efficient tool. Very much like Blogsy it can almost do all that Blogsy can do plus there is also an option for Emoticons.
- AVIARY – Well this is a picture/photo specific application, and is more or less only a photo editor, but a great one. The other applications mentioned only allow you to add photos, none of them provide facility to edit photos with ease, but with aviary you can do so, as it has options like cropping, red eye removal, brightness and sharpness adjustment, auto enhancement etc., and the best feature, which is not a feature in its true sense, it’s FREE.
- ANALYTICS – Are you also a stat freak like me, and want to check every time you made even a slightest change, whether it had some effect or not, if the answer is yes then you will find this application, as a god’s gift sent on earth, or i pad to be precise. With analytics you get the power to keep track of Google analytics on your iPad. It’s easy, has a quick and responsive interface and again it’s FREE.
Puneet Tyagi is a Founder and CEO of13mania.He is a law student from Delhi. He writes about Blogging, Technology, and Gadgets etc.