Streaming Nintendo Switch gameplay on Discord can be an enjoyable experience for both the streamer and the viewers. You might think the streaming switch on the Discord server is very hard. But I will suggest some very simple ways through which you can do the streaming just make sure you have a capture card that will help you connect your Switch to your PC. You need streaming software, and that’s pretty much it, and a group where you would want to stream. Let us know more about the process more descriptively.
How to stream Nintendo Switch on Discord?
If you want to stream your Nintendo Switch on Discord, you’ll need to use a capture card and some additional software to assist with streaming. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set it up and stream:
Step 1: Get a capture card
- A capture card is a device that allows you to capture and record the gameplay from your Nintendo Switch.
- This is not like a pack of cards card. It is an extension for the HDMI port that forms a USB in the end. Its sole reason is to transfer higher bits of image-processed material to your computer that is ready to be streamed. Insertion.
- There are various capture cards available on the market, such as Elgato HD60S, AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable, or Razer Ripsaw. Choose one that suits your needs and budget. Choosing a card is a personal choice.
Step 2: Connect your Nintendo Switch to the capture card
Connect the HDMI output from your Nintendo Switch to the HDMI input on the capture card. Use the appropriate cables and adapters to make the connection. The capture card usually connects to your computer via USB C type.
Step 3: Install capture card tools
- Install capture card software if there is any.
- In terms of installing the capture card’s utility software, you can check the website and from then on install all the necessary tools to operate. Basically activating the transfer of video output,
- You would also need a VLC media player for streaming purposes.
Step 4: Try to stream via VLC
- Make sure now to open your Notepad and type in this code, C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe” dshow:// :dshow-vdev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Video) (#01)” :dshow-adev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Audio) (#01)” :dshow-aspect-ratio=”16:9″ :dshow-audio-samplerate=48000 :dshow-audio-channels=2 :live-caching=0 : show-fps=60 to the Notepad. Now keep it aside.
- Open VLC and then click on ‘Open capture device’
- In the next window put capture mode to ‘direc show’ see 1 in the below image.
- And select your capture card on the video and audio device drop-down lists see 2 in the below image.
- Now checkmark show more options, as shown in the image below no 3
- Select the code of Notepad and enter in edit options at the bottom, see no 4 where to paste the code.
- Go to the VLC icon on the desktop and right click and select properties, and go to the shortcut.
- You will see the “Target” option there, make sure the text is again pasted.
Step 5: Adjusting display settings
- With the capture card software and Discord settings configured, you’re ready to start streaming. Start your Nintendo Switch and launch a game. In the capture card software, you should see the gameplay feed from your Nintendo Switch. Ensure the software is capturing the gameplay correctly.
- Before streaming make sure these selections are done beforehand on Switch, access System Settings, find TV Resolution on the next page and then pick 1080p and Full RGB Range
Step 6: Open Discord Server and enter a new voice channel
- Open Discord on your computer and join the server you want to stream to.
- Open any ‘voice’ channel within the server where you want to stream. It automatically allows you to join the channel.
Step 7: Start streaming
- Click on the ‘Screen’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the window or application that displays the gameplay from your capture card software. You need to select ‘VLC display’ here.
- Click ‘Go Live’ to start streaming your Nintendo Switch on Discord.
- You can close the window once you are done streaming by clicking on the cross sign or close sign.
You would need a Capture Card with an HDMI port with OBS and VLC software to run live streaming. The steps have been mentioned extensively. If you follow everything from top to toe, your goal will be achieved. Just make sure the connections are alright and your Switch is functioning properly,