Big Data exists everywhere today. With the huge increase in the number of people spending their time and the maximum number of activities being carried out over the Internet, the generation of enormous amounts of data is obvious.
Clearly, Big Data Analytics is used worldwide by companies to facilitate their growth and development. The factors that are driving the growth of the Big Data Analytics market are increasing mobile data traffic, cloud-computing traffic, and adoption of techniques like AI and IoT.
A report says that in 2018, the global Big Data Analytics market was valued to be USD 37.34 billion, and is anticipated to reach USD 105.08 billion by 2027; that’s a CAGR of 12.3% from the forecast period of 2019-2027.
By 2020, 90% of enterprise analytics and business professionals say that the key to digital transformation initiatives of their organization is data and analytics.
These whopping figures make it very clear how the Big Data Analytics market is growing.
One of the Big Data Analytics tools, Hadoop, is considered as the mother of all Big Data Techniques, and a Hadoop developer today is a most sought-after job in the market of Big Data. Hence, it can be beneficial to you to take up Hadoop Certification Training in order to launch a bright career in the world of Big Data that is driving the IT world today.
Let us now read about the powerful tool of Big Data Analytics, i.e., Hadoop.
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework that lets you store Big Data in a distributed computing environment for processing the data parallelly.
Applications that are developed using Hadoop are executed over large data sets distributed across clusters of commodity computers. Generally, commodity computers are reasonable to maintain and are extensively available. By using these computers, greater computational power is achieved, and that too, at a very low cost.
Likewise in a personal computer system, where data resides in a local file system, in Hadoop, data resides in a distributed file system that is referred to as HDFS or Hadoop Distributed File System.
With the increase in the number of companies adopting Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and more, the job opportunities for the experts in the same are also increasing.
According to Indeed.com, the average annual salary of a Hadoop developer in India is INR 6,00,000 and that in the US is $135k. This whopping salary is the reason you might wish to go for certification of Hadoop developer.
When you think about certification for a Hadoop developer, the first thing that comes to the discussion is Cloudera’s CCA-175 Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification. This certification serves as a token of Proficiency, Precision, and Perfection in Apache Hadoop development.
Let us read about this certification in detail.
Primarily, CCA-175 is an Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Scala Training and Certification program. This program lets Hadoop developers build an intimidating command over the on-going traditional protocols of Hadoop development with advanced and recent tools and procedures.
You have already read about what Hadoop is. Let us define Apache Spark and Scala.
Apache Spark, as defined by Apache, is a Lightning Fast Data Processing Tool, that is used on the top of Apache Hadoop Distributed File System or HDFS. As the name itself defines, it is developed by the Apache Foundation and is an Open-Source Data Processing tool.
Scala is an advanced programming language that is developed by using Java. This language is used for the execution of data processing commands in Spark on the top of Hadoop.
CCA stands for Cloudera Certified Associate. One of the three certifications offered by CCA is CCA Hadoop and Spark Developer, the code being CCA175. This certification demonstrates your core skills to ingest or input, transform and process the data by using Apache Spark and core Cloudera enterprise tools.
The number of questions in this exam may vary from 8 to 12, which is completely performance-based or hands-on tasks that are present on the Cloudera Enterprise cluster.
As described by Cloudera, CCA175 is a hands-on practical exam using Cloudera technologies and each user is provided with their own cluster preloaded with Spark 2.4
You get 120 minutes to answer the questions and you are required to score a minimum of 70% to pass the exam and get certified. You need to pay USD 295 (INR 21000) as an exam fee. Each CCA question is scenario-based and you need to solve a particular scenario with every question. The exam is based on Big Data techniques like Hive, HDFS, Impala, Spark, and more.
As soon as you submit your exam, it is graded immediately and you receive an email regarding your score report on the same day of your exam. You get a detailed score on every question you attempt. On passing the exam, you receive a second email within a few days of the exam that contains a PDF of your digital certificate and your license number.
The skills required to clear this exam are:
- This includes the skills to transfer data between the external system and your cluster. This may include using Sqoop for importing data from MySQL database into HDFS and exporting data in reverse order. Loading the data into and out of HDFS by making use of Hadoop File System Commands and more. :
- This involves converting a set of data values in a given format that is stored in HDFS into new data values or new data format and writing into HDFS. :
- Load data from HDFS so that it can be used in Spark applications.
- Using Spark, write the results back into HDFS.
- Read and write files using various file formats.
- Performing standard ETL or extract, transform, load processes on data by using the Spark API.
- To interact with the metastore programmatically in your applications, you need to use Spark SQL. Reports are generated by using queries against loaded data. This may include: :
- Using metastore tables as an input store and output sink for Spark applications.
- Understanding the basics of querying datasets in Spark.
- Filter data using Spark.
- Writing queries that are used for calculating aggregate statistics.
- Joining unlike datasets using Spark.
- Producing ranked or sorted data.
- Since this is a practical exam where you have to be hands-on, you are required to be familiar with all the aspects of writing such a code that generates results. :
- Supplying command-line options so as to change your configuration, that may include increasing available memory.
- There are no prerequisites for taking any of the Cloudera Certification exams. :
With such excellent salary and job prospects of Hadoop Developer, you would wish to make a career move and take up the CCA175 Hadoop and Spark Developer Certification exam.
If you wish to clear this exam in the first attempt itself, it is best to take up a training course without any delays. The learning becomes easy with the training course as you learn at your own pace and the mode of learning is also your choice.
Go ahead! Make a move!
Short URL: https://ttw.tips/3eoOx7L