Are you a business owner who wants to update your corporate information on the services of Google and interact your customers as well? No matter hereafter! Yes, Google is giving its hand to empower your business to get succeed in the digital landscape through its new service “Google My Business” which is going to be the information hub for business owners. Two days back, Google launched this new service for merchants to manage their effective online presence through search, maps and Google plus. I just came here to discuss about this trendy news in detail through this post.
Google My Business
With a one –stop shop, Google My Business, Google has decided to get most of the business owners under its umbrella to manage their business listings. If you’re using Google’s other business focussed services like “Place for Business” or Google Plus social network, you will now be upgraded to the new service, Google My Business. With this new facility, you may
- Inform your business details on Google Maps, Google search and Google Plus to get in touch with your clients easily.
- Include pretty business photos to make your customers to understand the uniqueness of your business.
- Keep in touch with your followers and consumers directly by sharing your events, new product/service available or any other important updates from your Google Plus business page.
- Recognize how people catch and interact with your business through AdWords Express, a streamlined version of Google Adwords.
- Read and respond to Google reviews.
App form of My Business
If you wish to perform all these activities through your smartphone/tablet, Google My Business mobile app is being made available by the tech giant company which would let you to accomplish all your business dealings from your mobile gadget. You can download this App from here
Getting started with Google My Business
If you wanted to use Google My Business, visit www.google.com/business
Click “Get On Google” to get started or if you have Google Account, then you may sign-in with that and you’ll be redirected to Google Maps.
If you’ve not claimed on Google to manage your business already, you may use search box to find your business to claim and manage.
After signing in, you’ll be allowed to create a page or connect with any existing Google Plus page for your business.
If your business lies under non-local category, choose the option “Non-local businesses”. Then pick the business type “Storefront”, Service Area or Brand Page on G+”
“None of these match” can be chosen to add your business, if you can’t find it. Then add the type of business and physical address.
If you already have a business listing, it will be searched by Google and if not, choose “Keep my information” to proceed.
You need to confirm that you’re authorized to manage your business and agree their terms of service to create G+ page and business account. Then you’ll get verification code to the provided mailing address to authenticate your association with business.
After verification, you’ll be forwarded to your G+ page of your business to store all your business information. If you’re new to G+, you can optimize that page easily by inputting various details.
Features of Google My Business
Google My Business acts as a dashboard for Google + business and Google + local pages. It has impressive features like
1. Business Info Editor – Contains list of things to be completed in your profile and provokes you to finish 100% profile filling work. It also has options to delete listing, report problems, get help and much more.
2. Insights – You could see the followers and clients engagement on your posts with their detailed information with insights.
3. YouTube – Users engagement on your videos will be available in dashboard and you can go directly to your YouTube channel.
4. Reviews – Your reviews round the web will be updated immediately in your dashboard.
Google has released a web service, Google My Business to help the business owners in order to update their trade details on its services like Google search, Google Maps & Google Adwords and hence their customers could easily find & interact with them. This service is also available as a mobile application in Google Play Store and so, no matter what device they’re using.
Current “Places for Business” users and G+ business users are automatically switched to Google My Business service. Possibility of posting business information to Google +, responding to reviews and checking all the stats with simple interface are some of the best features of this newly announced service by Google for business professionals.
Customer interaction and web visibility are most important for every business and getting potential customers is a complex and time consuming process. I hope this excellent service would let you to take your online business effectively to your clients effortlessly. Do you agree with me? What is your opinion about this fresh Google service “Google My Business”. Let me know through your comment.