When looking to grow your business, it can be daunting to know where to begin. There are more marketing tools and techniques than ever before, and while having lots of options to choose from in order to attract leads, it is often overwhelming; particularly in the case of new and/or small businesses.
Using social media platforms to target your potential audience is one of these options, and is a good place to start – especially for those who don’t have tons of money to invest in campaigns. Recent studies support this view; over 25% of marketers currently spend a quarter of their budget on social media ads, according to Marketo’s 2017 Marketing Benchmark report, and as is shown in the graph below from the 2017 State of the Inbound report, social selling is now one of the top priorities for businesses.
One of the newest and most valuable social tools is Facebook’s Lead Ads. Your business can use the tool in a number of ways to boost your lead generation and close more sales, and in this article, we’ll explain how to get started.
First announced in 2015, Facebook’s Lead Ads is an effective lead data collection tool that is a serious rival to the slightly older landing pages. Using Lead Ads you can create the usual-looking ads in Facebook and Instagram, but crucially, when the lead clicks the ad to complete the sign-up process, the resulting form pops up in-app and is auto-populated using their account info. With form fields including full name, email address, street address, and phone number, you can get a decent amount of background information about each lead.
Although the tool is primarily used for B2C, there is also the potential for B2B companies to implement it in their advertising campaigns, considering the possibility to also collect information about an individual’s job title, employer, industry, seniority and degree level. According to Salesforce’s 2017 State of Marketing report, B2B advertising on social media platforms has seen the growth of 130% over the last two years, so it will be interesting to see how features like Lead Ads will evolve over time in order to further accommodate this.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for how to use Lead Ads most effectively to gain quality leads, here are some suggestions:
- Offer Freebies – Offering free content such as reports, whitepapers, case studies or eBooks is a proven method to attract potential customers. As long as your content is worthwhile, people will be happy to hand over their details in exchange.
- Newsletter Sign-ups – Undoubtedly one of the most-used ways to use Lead Ads is to target those who are interested in keeping in touch with your brand by receiving regular updates. Essentially all you need for this is someone’s name and email address; easily gained via the automated form.
- Increase Attendance – If you’re looking to increase attendance at an event you’re hosting, such as a webinar, meet-up or product launch, why not create a Lead Ads campaign to easily obtain the details of those who are interested.
According to research from Marketo, 96% of visitors who interact with your brand aren’t ready to purchase yet. Therefore, it makes sense to employ an effective lead nurturing element to your advertising strategy; and if you aren’t already doing so, you are in the minority. As the chart below from the 2017 Marketo Marketing Benchmark report shows, the vast majority (80%) of businesses say they are currently using lead nurturing techniques.
Remarketing is the ideal way to nurture prospects, and fortunately, it’s now possible to do so through Lead Ads using Custom Audiences from user interactions. You’ll need to place a tracking pixel on your site, and then you’ll be able to create audiences using these options: anyone who opened the form, people who opened but didn’t submit the form, people who opened and submitted the form. Once you have this data at hand, you can use it alongside Lead Ads several ways:
- Upsell to Converted Leads – If someone completes the sign-up process via the Lead Ads form, it’s safe to assume they have an interest in your Therefore you should try retargeting them with ads showcasing your products or services.
- Offer Incentives to Interested Leads – If someone clicked the ad but didn’t submit the form, it might be that they just need a little push in the right direction. You can segment these leads and target them with ads showing special offers and limited-time deals to persuade them to complete the interaction.
- Exclude Registered Leads – Whether you’re targeting previous registrants with other campaigns or not, you’ll want to make sure that they’re not seeing more ads asking them to sign up again.
- Try Different Ads – Another way to try and re-engage leads that didn’t go ahead with the opt-in is to test out different ads – may be the original one just wasn’t persuasive enough or didn’t show the true value in what you’re offering.
By using lookalike audiences, you can target people who are most likely to have an interest in your brand due to their likeness to your other customers. You can use Lead Ads in this way by segmenting those who have opened or completed your ad form and then looking for common demographic traits amongst them. This could include things like age, gender, job titles, education level, hobbies, and relationship status, to name a few.
Bear in mind that the more you’re able to narrow your lookalike audience down, the more qualified your targeted leads will be. Once you have your lookalike audience set up, you can target them in order to gain more email subscribers or followers on social media, using the ads that have worked with your previously converted leads.
If you don’t want to wait for leads to come to you, or don’t want to invest in paid advertising, the Global Database business intelligence platform is a cost-effective solution. Using our directory, you can easily qualify leads using a range of filter options including sales volumes, office locations, staff numbers, industry and more.
Getting straight into the inbox of decision makers isn’t a problem; our millions of records all contain direct contact details, and we have one of the highest deliverability rates in the industry. With regular updates guaranteed and access included for a whole year, your marketing team can enjoy a consistent stream of high quality leads to add to the top of your sales funnel every month.
Lead Ads is an effective tool that can work alongside your current marketing efforts in a number of ways, which could potentially see a nice boost in your conversions. However, as with any form of lead generation, it can take a lot of time to acquire enough potential customers for an efficient campaign, and purchasing business data from a reputable provider such as Global Database is a cost-effective alternative option that may suit your current activities better.
To learn more about Global Database visit www.GlobalDatabase.com
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2zUzjqX