There are 2 ways people do blogging namely Full time and part time blogging. Full-time blogging means that you are giving the full day to it and this is the only earning source of yours. On the other hand, part-time blogging is something in which you basically do it when you have the time or after returning back from your day job (which you do for your living).
So basically in part-time blogging, it is not your main earning source but in full-time blogging, it is the main earning source of yours.
The topic I have chosen today to write is about the comparison of Full time and part time blogging. Many part-time bloggers including me are striving to get into full-time blogging but is it worth?
In some cases the answer is “Yes” but in some cases, the answer is “NO”. You might be shocked as I just said that at times it is not worth even I am a big supporter of full-time blogging. Let me show you a detailed list of pros and cons of these two:
- You no longer need to wake up early in the morning and get ready to go to your day job. You can wake up as per your ease and start working from your bed only.
- It can make your dreams come true which you never thought of while doing the day job.
- You can spend more time with your family.
- You can go on holidays whenever you want as you are now your own boss.
- You can work from anywhere in this world (where electricity & Internet are available). There is no restriction to sit in office and work.
- You get complete freedom.
- As you work alone at home, you start feeling bored even you are making good money.
- Earning from blogging is not consistent especially in the Google’s zoo era i.e. panda, penguin, hummingbird and other algorithm updates. So you have to brainstorm and work very hard to keep your earning consistent.
- You become lazy to do other offline activities as you become addicted to computers more than ever.
- You become less productive as you have a lot of time which makes you think that you will do the task in some time. You keep on delaying the work and it gets delayed (Not necessarily but it happens with many).
Part Time Blogging
- You do have a day job to support you financially hence no earning pressure. You can blog peacefully.
- Having a day job keeps you confident as you don’t have to worry about money for your living.
- It reduces your work stress which you get while doing work at the office.
- It makes you earn good amount of money which is extra earning for you though it is not the main earning source of yours.
- As you have very less time to blog you perform better and become more productive.
- You have to work on your blog after your day job which becomes hectic at times as you might not feel like working every day.
- You get very less time to research for content creation that might result in stale or outdated content on your blog.
- If you are living in a joint family plus you are married then it is too tough to work on your blogs after returning from the day job.
- You always suffer from time crisis.
- You don’t get much time to interact with other bloggers which is important.
So here you have read pros and cons of both part-time and full-time blogging. Which you think is better? If you ask me, I say that both are fine for different circumstances.
Part-time blogging is a little better because while doing it you can do a full-time day job which earns you enough money for maintaining your family. Even your blog gets caught in any Google’s algorithm which ruins your blog earning; you don’t have to upset much as you have a job at least which keeps your financial condition stable.
In case of full-time blogging, Google’s algorithms are the nightmare because if it hits you hard then it can shake your financial condition badly and the condition can be worse as in this type your main earning source is your blog only.
Still, I would like to suggest that if you are very passionate about full-time blogging then start doing it as part-time and keep growing gradually. Save enough money and build a blog which starts giving you somehow consistent earning then think to leave your day job and jump into full-time blogging.
One important Suggestion: When you do full-time blogging, don’t just focus on one monetization way rather try all the ways of monetization so that if one way is not working sometimes then other can support you financially.
What is your take on this topic? Share in comments!
Short URL: http://bit.ly/2bETcmV