1. IZArc is a full featured archiving tool that you can use to open and create compressed files in many different formats. It offers many advanced features, including repairing of broken archives, searching within archives, password protecting, emailing of archives…etc…etc…
IZArc is the ultimate freeware archive utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO… It can also open and convert CD/DVD images like ISO, BIN, NRG… The interface of IZArc is easy and customizable. If anyone is looking for a solid, light weight easy to use compression tool, then IZArc is a must have.
2. eZy Zip is a free service which allows users to easily archive files and extract, unzip and zip files online, without needing any tools like WinRar, PowerArchiver, WinZip, etc… It has a very simple and easy to use interface. The best feature is that ezyzip does not requires to upload the files for processing, thus saving a lot of time.
3. After comparing many different free and commercial zip utilities, one prominent feature stood out. ZipGenius has the ability to automatically scan your downloaded files with your antivirus before committing to unzip and extract them.
ZipGenious is a free and powerful archive manager for windows which provides you option to compress more than 25 archive formats. Like IZArc, it also compresses CD and DVD files and gives options to preview pictures in compressed archives. It is available in English and Italian and you can download a Language pack with French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese etc…etc..
4. Zipeg is free alternative to WinZip, WinRar allows you to quickly and easily open and explore content of zip, rar and other archives. This file compression tool offers the convenience of previewing an entire file before extracting it. The minimal command buttons make its interface very simple.One of the best feature that will make Zipeg appealing to many Mac users is the ability to preview the contents of an archive and extract only those files which you need. It supports ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LHA/LZH, 7z, TAR, GZ, TGZ, BZIP2, CPIO, RPM, ISO, CHM, Z, CBR, CBZ, WAR, EAR and many more formats.
5. TUGZip is a powerful freeware archiving utility for Windows, with an easy-to-use interface, that provides support for a wide range of compressed, encoded and disc-image files. It allows you to create ZIP, TAR, TGZ, BZ2, CAB, LHA (LZH), SQX, YZ1 and 7-ZIP archivesand supports opening of ZIP, 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CPIO, DEB, GCA, GZ, IMP, LHA (LZH), LIB, RAR, RPM, SQX, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TAZ and YZ1 archives.
6. ExtractNow is actually not an archiver, though, and won’t be able to replace your favorite archiver. But if you’re more about receiving than giving when it comes to ZIPs and RARs ExtractNow can save you a massive amount of time. But it is surely not a complete archival solution. ExtractNow is a simple utility that allows you to extract multiple archives quickly and easily. The software is unbelievably small and the interface is extremely easy to use. You just need to drag and drop files or folders from Explorer to extract them.
7. 7Zip can be used on all windows version as well as on linux. Its interface is user friendly. The coolest thing about 7Zip is that it is also available in portable version. It supports the following 23 archive formats. ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, GZIP, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, TAR, UDF, WIM, XAR, Z, ZIP, 7z. It is said that 7-Zip is fine for casual users with a bit of computer savvy, but it’s especially well-suited for developers and anyone else who moves between the Windows and Linux/Unix worlds.
I hope you guys will enjoy using these alternatives to WinRar & WinZip