In the beginning of 2010, Apple brought out the first iPad and started a true revolution. Suddenly, everybody wanted a tablet and Apple was the only one offering this. Unsurprisingly, an Android alternative had to be created very quickly. Whatever would be released, it should be lightweight, highly portable and affordable, while still having excellent internet connections as well.
Google Android quickly became a highly popular operating system. This is because it is open source, meaning the public maintains it. Almost all smartphones, except for Apple, also run on it. Naturally, being open source, the operating system is frequently updated so that Android tablets remain competitive with the Apple competition.
Features of a Great Android Tablet
So what can you expect of a good quality Android tablet? The features below should be included as a bare minimum:
- An excellent processor. You should have at least a 1GHz processor, or you won’t be able to run your apps at a decent speed.
- A good display with excellent resolution. The smallest tablets are at least 7 inches in screen size, but many are larger as well. It is entirely up to you to decide which one is best for you. Large screens are obviously easier to see, but their resolution is sometimes a little less good, meaning that smaller images are sometimes crisper. Naturally, a smaller screen is also easier to carry along.
- The best operating system. The latest and most popular system is Android 2.2 and a new tablet should have that at the very least. It is much faster than the older versions as well. Honeycomb, version 3.0, is due to be released soon, but it is not available on as standard on any devices at present.
- Memory and storage. You should have at least 512MB of RAM, although you should always opt for more if you can afford it. The memory should be at least 1GB. Again, the more the better. Default storage is generally between 2GB and 32GB. Although it may be tempting to opt for the higher default storage, this is also much more expensive. So long as your tablet comes with an external SD card slot, it may be cheaper to simply purchase one of them instead.
- Connectivity. Some Android tablets can function on a SIM card, meaning you can use them when you are out and about. This, however, can be quite costly. A lot of people think it is a better idea to purchase a SIM free one with a Wi-Fi connection, so that they can use it at home or at hotspots. Indeed, being able to access the internet through WiFi is the minimum should you ask for. However, more and more people think that adding a SIM card is a better option as an addition.
These are but a few of the things you look for. For more info on Skytex android tablets click here. These tablets have all the features you can expect as a minimum and then some. Take your time to browse the range and pick the one that is best for you.
Short URL: http://ttw.tips/2btm4kx