In the beginning of 2010, Apple brought out the first iPad and started a true revolution. Suddenly, everybody wanted a tablet and Apple was the only one offering this. Unsurprisingly, an Android alternative had to be created very quickly. Whatever would be released, it should be lightweight, highly portable and affordable, while still having excellent internet connections as well.
Google Android quickly became a highly popular operating system. This is because it is open source, meaning the public maintains it. Almost all smartphones, except for Apple, also run on it. Naturally, being open source, the operating system is frequently updated so that Android tablets remain competitive with the Apple competition.
Features of a Great Android Tablet
So what can you expect of a good quality Android tablet? The features below should be included as a bare minimum:
- An excellent processor. You should have at least a 1GHz processor, or you won’t be able to run your apps at a decent speed.
- A good display with excellent resolution. The smallest tablets are at least 7 inches in screen size, but many are larger as well. It is entirely up to you to decide which one is best for you. Large screens are obviously easier to see, but their resolution is sometimes a little less good, meaning that smaller images are sometimes crisper. Naturally, a smaller screen is also easier to carry along.
- The best operating system. The latest and most popular system is Android 2.2 and a new tablet should have that at the very least. It is much faster than the older versions as well. Honeycomb, version 3.0, is due to be released soon, but it is not available on as standard on any devices at present.
- Memory and storage. You should have at least 512MB of RAM, although you should always opt for more if you can afford it. The memory should be at least 1GB. Again, the more the better. Default storage is generally between 2GB and 32GB. Although it may be tempting to opt for the higher default storage, this is also much more expensive. So long as your tablet comes with an external SD card slot, it may be cheaper to simply purchase one of them instead.
- Connectivity. Some Android tablets can function on a SIM card, meaning you can use them when you are out and about. This, however, can be quite costly. A lot of people think it is a better idea to purchase a SIM free one with a Wi-Fi connection, so that they can use it at home or at hotspots. Indeed, being able to access the internet through WiFi is the minimum should you ask for. However, more and more people think that adding a SIM card is a better option as an addition.
These are but a few of the things you look for. For more info on Skytex android tablets click here. These tablets have all the features you can expect as a minimum and then some. Take your time to browse the range and pick the one that is best for you.
Useful post on Android tablets Atish and its features are explained well.
As technology is evolving faster, tablets will replace laptops soon.
Thanks for showing a good & new brand tablet, will have a look at it to check its features and specs.
Latest Android Operating system 4.2? I think you made a mistake there. At present, KitKat 4.4.3 is the latest Android OS. Also I think you have missed one important feature “Good Battery”
Very elaborated post I would say.
Tablets are now starting to be trend among people and nearly each and everyone is now having a tablet. Apple, as everyone knew, started the trend and many companies started to follow it. But, Android was behind in that segment. Google try to increase its infulence among the tech-savvy people by providing it as open source which was a great job indeed.
And from then on, Android started developing very much. It came into the eyes of people through Motorola Xoom, a highly capable android tablet. And now, the trend has changed into passion. Big players like Samsung and Sony stepped up into the game and giving Apple run for their money.
Thankyou for this post.
Well said atish looking forward for your Friendship…..In google Plus…Bro Which is the Best and cheapest android tablet in current days……for Downloading movies..and all like a laptop only…For heavy use…
Thanks for your presence here. There are many tablets in the market. I would advise to go on flipkart and check out the tablets and compare them using comparison feature and you can get what you want.
Sure, Everyone thought Apple’s iPad is the final and the biggest thing in the market and it was by that time. However with the release of android Apple’s iPad started going down. I don’t doubt that they are good up to date but android has hit the market in a greater way. Nowadays people are hunting for great gadgets especially those whose battery is long lasting and power saving, Connectivity and portable. If any gadget fits this then it qualifies to be on high demand. And I think that is why android Tablet is still on top.
Nice article.I really like this.