Dragon Age: Inquisition, a popular 3D game that is a fantasy role-playing game, is loved by many gamers out there who just live and breathe 3D games. Brought to the world by Electronic Arts and BioWare, this game has a huge fan base all around the world because of its uniqueness and the fun element of the game. However, did you just download this game to experience the 3D gaming world but ended up with a dragon age inquisition crash on startup? Well, if your answer is yes, then you are definitely not the first one!
A lot of users have had such complaints in the past, where their dragon age inquisition launches then close. However, you need not worry! There are plenty of ways to fix it. But first, let’s try to understand why this problem occurs.
Dragon Age: Inquisition Won’t Launch On Windows 10 – Possible Causes
While this game runs super smoothly most of the time, some users still have the problem of facing dragon age inquisition crash on startup. Although there is no specific or exact reason or factor as to why this could be occurring, here are some reasons, why the dragon age inquisition won’t launch from origin.
- Your antivirus must be causing the problem, and it could be blocking the program from running.
- The problem could also lie in the graphic settings. Maybe you could be using the wrong graphic settings.
- The problem could also be in the Nvidia’s 3D Vision. It could not be supporting the 3D vision and hence, the crash is occurring.
- Slightly underclocked RAM modules or GPU could be the cause of the issue and the game crash.
- Background services and third-party apps can trigger such problems, and that’s the reason why origin dragon age inquisition won’t launch.
- There could also be some missing files or data that must have got corrupted. That could be something that is triggering the issue.
Now that we have looked at some possible causes, let me tell you a few solutions to these minor and major problems because of which dragon age inquisition won’t launch from origin.
Dragon Age: Inquisition Crash on Startup. How To Fix?
With an amazing story set and great 3D graphics, this game surely has a lot to offer. However, many a time dragon age inquisition launches then closes. But, there are a few methods as to how you can fix them.
If you face a dragon age inquisition crash on launch on windows 10, you could change the launch setting as the game might be crashing because your windows versions might not be compatible with it. Here’s how you can fix it-
- Press Windows Key + E to open the file explorer.
- Go the driver’s location. You are most likely to find it in the C: Drive.
- Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition executable to select Properties.
- Open the compatibility tab, and then click on Run as administrator.
- Here, you also need to click the “Run this program in Compatibility Mode for” option, and then select your Windows version from the menu.
- Click Apply and OK.
All you need to do now, is just relaunch the program to check if the problem has been rectified.
Performing this can resolve your problem. This method involves just a few easy steps, and most of the users often swear by this method.
- Press the Windows Key along with R Key.
- Enter MSConfig and click OK.
- Select the Selective startup radio button in the General tab.
- Here, untick the Load Startup Items.
- Choose the Load system services and use original boot configuration if not selected already.
- Select Hide all Microsoft Services box.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Apply all the changes, and click OK.
After performing all these steps, you would have to restart your computer and check if you are still facing the dragon age inquisition crash on startup.
This could be one of the most common reasons why your dragon age inquisition launches then close. If you are using any third-party antivirus software, the antivirus could be blocking the DAI, which is why you must be facing the crash.
To run this program efficiently, all you need to do is deactivate and disable the antivirus program for the time being. Later, when you are done playing, activate and enable once again.
Please note that you must always scan your computer after performing this, just to be on the safer side.
If your origin dragon age inquisition won’t launch, then there might be a bleak chance that your PC and its components do not meet the minimum requirements that are needed for this game. If that is the case, you are bound to upgrade your system. Let me tell you the main minimum system requirements for Dragon Age Inquisition.
|OS||Windows 7 or 8.1, 64-bit|
|Processor (AMD)||QuadCore @ 2.5 GHz|
|Processor (Intel)||QuadCore @ 2.0 GHz|
|Graphics Card (AMD)||Radeon HD 4870|
|Graphics Card (NVIDIA)||GeForce 8800 GT|
|Graphics Memory||512 MB|
|Hard Drive||26 GB|
If you are an avid gamer and trying to run the game but face errors like dragon age inquisition crash on startup, you must check that your system has the above-mentioned minimum requirements.
Dragon Age Inquisition is an excellent game with a huge fan base. But, a lot of times, dragon age inquisition launches then closes. This could be because of various big and small reasons. Most of the time, a regular reboot of the system would be enough. If not, you can try out one of the methods mentioned above, and check for yourself if your game is now opening and functioning properly.
Short URL: https://ttw.tips/3zZsXBt