Choosing the perfect printer for your needs may not be easy as it would appear. There are several types of printers available. Choosing the right kind of option for the students may not be easy. If you are looking for a printer for your needs in an enhanced printing experience for the students, this compilation of the best printers for students in India should be helpful for you. We have made it a point to include every printer type in this compilation so that you can choose the right technology that meets your exact needs.
Why do Students Need a Printer?
Students need to get print outs for a host of printing jobs as part of their projects, assignments, and a host of other tasks. Having to depend upon a cyber café or a print shop may not be economical when you have to print frequently. It can be quite convenient and cost saving when it comes to buying a printer for your home or business.
There are situations where you would need a print out at odd hours. Maybe you need a print of air ticket or a report you completed into the late night. However, buying a printer may not be as easy as it would appear to. Let us check out the best printers that can get the work done for the students.
What factors should you check for in a Printer – A Perfect Buying Guide
As with any product, you would need to focus on a few key parameters before you can actually buy a new printer. Let’s focus on the best features you should focus on.
Extra features like Bluetooth compatibility and cloud support should be a perfect option. Memory card support and PictBridge support can be an excellent option. The memory card support can be a great functionality as it will let you print your images directly from your memory card. The cloud computing technology can be useful for printing your documents from the services like Google Drive or OneDrive with ease. When choosing the best printer for college students, these can be helpful additions.
Apart from these, Print Quality, Printing Speed, and cost are the major factors as well which you must consider while buying a printer for the student in your house.
Types of Printers
The printers basically come in three variants – Ink tank printers, Inkjet printers, and Laser printers. Of course, there are other types of printers that are normally used for specific purposes like Dot matrix that are used only for accounting and similar other requirements.
Here are the little details about the best features offered by each of these printer types.
Top 5 Best Printers for Students
Having gone through the complete information on how to choose your printer, here are a few excellent choices for the best printers a student can make use of. We will check out the printers across multiple technologies and types to arrive at the best options that would help you achieve the best standards.
The printers listed here are shortlisted after studying the well-known best printers for college students reviews.
HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Ink Advantage Printer
Students need a low-cost printing advantage, and the HP DeskJet 3636 All-in-One Ink Advantage Printer should be a great choice. You also have access to mobile printing and wireless connectivity options. If you are looking for the best borderless printing experience, the HP printer should provide you with an extreme experience and worthy of being the first option in the list of best printers for students in India.
Some of the features worthy of mentioning would include:
- Print speeds up to 8.5 and 6 ppm for black and colour prints respectively.
- A 60 sheet input and 25 sheet output tray
- Comes with one free cartridge in the sales package
- Offers a duty cycle of up to 1000 pages per cartridge.
- All in one functionality with print – scan and copy features.
- Can connect seamlessly with computers and smartphones
- Silent operation.
- High speed printing may not be possible
- Printing quality may be a minimum standard.
Epson L565 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer
This is an ink tank printer and may be quite expensive enough. However, if you are into high-end options for printing, this can be a good option for your needs as a student. It can print, scan and copy along with the functioning as an option for receiving a fax. It can be one of the best options among the best printer for college students.
A few salient features worth the mention would include:
- It comes with Ethernet, WiFi and WiFi Direct features.
- The patented bottle tip design provides you with a mess-free operation.
- You can be assured of high yield performance.
- LCD display for an easy to check the functionality
- 33 ppm and 15 ppm print speed for black and colour prints respectively.
- Connect it easily with practically any device with ease.
- Multiple paper compatibility
- Automatic document feeder to ensure quicker scanning and copying.
- Expensive price tag
- Not effectively dust resistant.
Samsung SCX-3401 Multi-Function Monochrome Laser Printer
If you do not need any sort of colour prints and are happy with the black and white prints for your needs, this may be a perfect choice for almost all your printing needs. The multi-function capability of the printer makes it a perfect option for students.
Some specific features offered by the printer can be specified as:
- One of the most affordable options
- Optimised printing that saves on the printing costs.
- The ECO mode offers an extreme saving in terms of energy, toner and paper consumption
- A 20 ppm print speed
- Print – scan and copy functionality
- Oher innovative features like scan to send, email and fax functionalities.
- The starter cartridge can print up to 1500 pages!
- Compact construction
- Easier management of printer and printing activities
- One-touch printing performance.
- Printing quality may not be great for all your needs.
- The refilled cartridge may be an issue.
HP DeskJet 2131 All-in-One Printer
The HP DeskJet 2131 is one of the most popular printers and the most affordable options. The flatbed printer with the print, scan and copy features should ideally make it a great option for students. The high-quality printer is known for enhanced performance and versatility and has been rated high as one of the best printers for students in India.
Some of the best features that the printer comes with can be summed up as:
- An easy to use print, scan and copy functionality.
- High-resolution printing capability
- Decent print speed of 7.5 ppm and 5.5 ppm for black and colour prints.
- High yield cartridges from HP provide you with a great saving on the cost of printing.
- Print resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- The compact design would be helpful in installing it anywhere you want to.
- Energy Star certification that ensures you save electricity consumption
- Highly versatile functioning
- Can provide lab-quality photos.
- Print speed may not be faster for certain requirements
- Best meant for occasional use
Brother DCP-T300 Multi-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer
Students need to have access to an affordable yet functional printer. The Brother DCP-T300 Multi-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer is an excellent option from that perspective. Apart from providing you with an excellent printing capability, it can also be a great option for scanning and copying requirements for you.
A few of the features that make it a formidable choice would include:
- Easy to refill and helps you save enough time.
- The printer is cost-effective and highly efficient.
- The cartridges are spill-proof and refillable.
- It offers you approximately 5000 pages of yield per cartridge
- Exceptionally lower running costs
- Angled ink tank will ensure no wastage and easy refilling
- An extremely high level of quality in the output
- It should easily handle high volume printing needs.
- The after-sales service may not be up to the mark.
Which Printer should a Student opt for?
Well, there is nothing specific in printers aimed for the students. However, if you are looking for an average functionality, a monochrome printer that can provide faster printing performance should be an excellent option. Pages and pages of the coursework, assignment, and projects being printed faster enough should be a great option for most of your needs.
However, if you are into the creative field like graphics and similar other genres, you would need a multifunction inkjet printer. Of course, the ability to print online or through smartphones can definitely be an added advantage.
While Inkjet printers are available at a lower price bracket, the laser printers turn out to be more economical with their affordable toners and consumables.
Before we conclude, it may be worthwhile to mention that we have prepared this list based on the analysis we conducted for the best printers for students that including the best printer for college students. That should explain the reason for including a couple of high-end options in this compilation of the best printers for students in India.
In any case, the best printers outlined in this comparison and the buying guide associated herewith should provide you with an efficient platform for choosing the best printers for students in India. Pick up the best that meets your preferences and share your experiences with us.
Great list of printers! I am familiar with HP DeskJet 3636 and it seems to be good, as one of my friends brought this exact model for his office use!
Thanks for sharing!