Table of Contents
- 1 Factors to Look for While Buying the best Printer for Home Use in India
- 2 What are the Best Printers for Home use in India?
- 2.1 HP DeskJet 3835 Wireless Colour Printer
- 2.2 Canon E560 Multifunction Wireless Ink Efficient Color Printer
- 2.3 Epson L130 Single-Function Ink Tank Colour Printer
- 2.4 Canon Pixma MG2577 Multi-Function InkJet Printer
- 2.5 HP DeskJet 2675 Wireless Color Printer
- 3 Conclusion
Printer is an output device of a computer system that allows you to take print of the document, image or anything that displays on your computer’s screen.
As the computer has become a necessity for homes and offices, printers have become important too because we, most often, need to take print of some documents, bills, invoices, etc. They are the utmost important for offices but nowadays they have become equally important for homes as well.
At homes, kids do need to download and take print of some images, learning materials, forms, marks sheet, and many other things. So, if you are having a computer at your home, a printer is a must accessory to have.
Finding the best printers for home use in India is never an easy task because when you go check out either online or offline, you get confused as there are so many choices. But, that is where you have to check things well and compare to choose the better one; in fact, the best one for you.
Whether you look for a printer for home or office, print quality is the main factor you would have to consider because after all, you would want a good quality print out of anything.
Laser printers offer way better quality for document printing than other printer types but they are very expensive as well. If budget allows, you should go for a Laser Printer. However, an Inkjet printer is more than enough for home use if you have to print less.
Key Takeaways – Laser Vs. InkJet Printers
- Laser printers are good at taking prints of documents, and InkJet printers are great at printing photos. Moreover, both type of printers can print documents and images.
- Laser printer takes more space than InkJet Printer.
- As said earlier, InkJet printers’ upfront cost is lesser than Laser printers but their refilling is costlier than Laser.
In a nutshell, Laser printers are the best when it comes to printing documents at large scale whereas InkJet printers are great for printing photos.
Generally, at home, kids mostly need the printer to take out projects, image, drawings printouts. And, for that Inkjet printers are well enough. In fact, for images, InkJets are the best.
Moreover, you must consider the DPI(Dots per Inch) while buying the printer as the better DPI gives you more accurate pixels of the printout. If you happen to take more of photos’ printouts, go for the one that has 1200 dpi.
You can go for lower DPI if you have to take prints of documents only, but it is always better to go for better DPI so that prints will be good as well as you can use it for different purposes.
Though at home, you might not need to print a lot at once but still printing speed is what you should consider while getting one for you.
A printer that prints at very slow speed must not be a good choice as you never know when you get a requirement of printing hundreds of pages, and you stuck with the slow speed.
The speed is measured in PPM (Pages Per Minute). So, do look for it, and choose the one that prints more pages per minute without compromising the quality.
Printer size generally depends on what size of prints you need to take. Generally, for home use, a normal size one works the best. You must not go for a bigger one if you don’t need that. A smaller one that fits your requirement would be better as portability is easy too.
Older printers used to be specific to do a particular job in a much better way; such as a printer can be great for photography or other may be for different graphics stuff. But, modern day’s printers are being designed and manufactured in a way that they can do well with any types of printing.
So, do a check on this that if the printer you are going to buy handles everything well.
Cost is the main factor while buying anything. If you want to go lower on budget, then be aware that cheap printers’ refill cartridge is way costlier. This way the company makes more profit by selling a printer at low cost but refilling at a higher cost. So, while buying a printer, do consider the cost of refilling as well. Do go for the one which has affordable pricing for both the printer, and refilling.
While buying a printer, support is an overlooked factor. But, this must be considered because there are chances printers start behaving haywire, and don’t work properly. In such case, if the brand you bought, offers some type of support over email, chat or phone, you can just get in touch with them, and get the issues fixed.
Generally, people use printers that can be connected to the computer using USB but what if in your home, multiple persons use their separate computer systems? Every time, taking the printer to a particular computer system to connect will be a painful thing. Thus, going for a wireless printer would be a better choice as you can connect your computer system with your printer wirelessly, and take printouts from different corners of your house.
Nowadays, some printers are available in the market that supports Google Cloud Print that allows you to take print remotely. However, I wouldn’t advise you this for home use as it might increase your cost, and there is not much use of this feature. But, it is always good to know about the new technologies, so I couldn’t stop myself from mentioning it. You can get to know more about Google Cloud Print in this video.
These are the most important factors to consider when you go for finding the best printer for home use in India
HP has been a great brand for printers. I am not a big fan of the brand HP for laptops as I had bad experiences but when it comes to printers, they are one of the leading brands out there.
HP DeskJet 3835 is an all-in-one printer as it can scan, print, fax, and copy which is generally a need nowadays in the houses. Thus, having all in one printer is good as you can do all of these things using one printer.
- All in one printer (Fax, Print, Scan, and Copy)
- Supports cloud printing. I have mentioned a bit about Google Cloud Print earlier in this article; so this one is such a printer that supports it and you can print remotely. That means even if you have something to show to your boss at a fixed time, and you are still on the way, you can just use the remote print feature, and take out the print from this printer in your office while you are on the go.
- There are 3 ways you can connect your computer or phone to this printer; Wifi, USB or App.
- It supports A4, A6, B5, DL envelope and duplex page size.
- Both black & white and color printing.
- PPM: 8.5 pages per minute when printing Black and White. 6 Page per minute when printing Color.
- Print resolution – Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered DPI (Black & White), Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized DPI (Color)
- Affordable cartridge price for refilling.
- Printing speed is just fine which suits well for home use.
- Mono display of 2.2 inches is there.
Along with the best features, it gives the trust of a pioneer brand, HP which assures you good support if you get any issues with your printer.
Moreover, as per my research, users are not happy with the cartridge quality as most of the users say that the cartridge gets empty after half number of pages than what said by seller.
But, as you know, one product cannot satisfy everyone as different users have different requirements, and perspective to see a product. There are critics always but, this HP DeskJet 3835 is the best printer for home use in India in my opinion as my brother uses the same at his home for his kids’ printing and copying needs. And, things have been fine since they bought it.
When I was a kid, I knew the brand, Canon when I used its camera. Yes, that old camera in which we put rolls. Back then, Canon was the best brand for the same. Canon is still one of the best brands for multiple products including Printers.
When it comes to Printers, don’t be skeptical when you see a lot of brands in the market. Always choose the best brands such as HP, Canon or any known ones. Don’t go for the one you never heard about.
Canon E560 is a multifunction (Print, Copy, and Scan) printer that offers black & white and color printing options. I like its simple yet stylish look. It looks very compact, and I am really in love with its look and feel. It is surely one of the best printers for home use in India among other beasts in the market.
- B/W and color prints.
- Apart from Printing, you can use it for copying (Xerox), and Scan as well.
- PPM: 5.7 pages per minute when printing color. 9.9 pages per minute when printing b/w. That means the printing speed is quite good which I have mentioned as a factor to consider while buying a printer for you.
- Various page sizes it supports; A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Custom size (width 89 – 215.9mm, length 127 – 676mm) .
- Duplex Printing is there which means both sides printing can be done, and it is automatic.
- Print resolution: 4800 × 1200 dpi which means quite good for home and office use.
- 1 Year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Wifi and USB connectivity options are there.
- Lower printing costs.
- PIXMA Printing Solutions App that allows you to print documents and images that are stored in your device. This feature is available for Android and iOS devices.
Looking at the features, Canon E560 looks to be a good and promising printer for home use in India.
However, many users have reported that the Wifi setup is quite tough and time-consuming.
But, on the other hand, many users have reported that they called up Canon support and they guided them to set up the printer well along with wifi setup and that all process looked easy.
As per my research, in spite of all critics and negative comments, canon E560 stands one of the best printers for home use in India. In fact, it fits quite good for office use as well.
Though not famous among general people, Epson is quite a popular name among the people who use printers frequently. It is a good brand, and the printer is quite good for home use as well. Not only at home, but it can also be used in offices.
Performance wise, this printer is more than awesome but unlike the first two on our list, it is not an all-in-one printer. That means you can only take print outs with this. It doesn’t have Xerox and scanning feature.
This is well suited for those who have mostly the printing work. Though the printer is great, it seems to be a bit costly as you get only the printer in this price whereas in the above two I have mentioned, you are getting all features at comparatively lower prices.
- B/W and Color printing.
- It uses Ink-tank technology that is ideal for high volume printing at low cost.
- Pages Per Minute(PPM) – 27 B/W pages, 15 color pages. That shows printing speed is excellent.
- Various page sizes are supported for printing such as A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL; Duplex.
- Print Resolution is 5760 x 1440 DPi which is ideal for home and small offices.
- USB connectivity is available.
- 1-year warranty.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
The Epson L130 Printer comes with 4 ink bottles(C,M,Y, K) of each 70ML. The moment you unbox your brand new printer, you can start printing using these ink bottles.
Most of the reviews and feedback of this printer is positive which make it the best choice when it comes to finding the best printer for home use in India.
In case, you want to get it installed from an expert, call Epson’s customer support, and they will help you install it.
This is the second Canon printer on our list, and that is because this, Canon Pixma MG2577 is one of the most affordable all-in-one(Print, Scan, and Copy) printers for home use in India. It offers everything that you need in a home printer, and the price is very affordable.
The printer looks quite compact, and you won’t find it difficult to adjust to the working area of your house. It is completely designed for home use. Thus, I would not recommend it for office use as it is designed for low usage.
- PPM: It prints 8 pages per minute if you print B/w pages and 4 pages per minute while printing colored prints.
- 4.0″x6.0″ till A4 / Letter / Legal pages are supported.
- Its weight is 3.5 Kg.
- Print resolution is 4800 x 600 DPi
- USB connectivity.
Though Canon Pixma MG2577 looks to be very affordable, users claim that the refill cartridge is costly. The printer is really good, no doubt but as per reports, its cartridge is costly.
As said earlier, when it comes to printers, HP is the premier choice as they have been making a lot of printers with great quality and durability. HP DeskJet 2675 is an all in one color printer at quite an affordable cost. It is great if you have around 150-350 pages to print a month.
- It can print, scan and copy.
- PPM – 7.5 B/W pages and, 5.5 color pages. Not too fast, not too slow. This is a fine printing speed for home use.
- A4, B5, A6, DL envelope page sizes are supported.
- Resolutions: 1200 x 1200 DPi black/white, and 4800 x 1200 DPi for color
- It can be connected to a PC/mobile device using Wifi, USB or HP all in one printer remote app.
- 1-year warranty.
- scanning is quite quick at 300 DPi. For higher DPi scanning, it gets a bit slow.
Since it is an inkjet printer, it spends more ink and printing speed is slower than laserjet printers. But, that are not negative things about this because these are common for inkjet printers. Moreover, the refill cartridge cost is lower than what you have to spend in other inkjet printers.
Overall, HP DeskJet 2675 is one of the best printers for home use in India, and even for small offices.
Finding the best printers for home use in India is quite a tough task, and it becomes tougher because you have a lot of options available in the market. When there are more options available, you get confused while making a selection, that is why this article is going to help choose the best one for your home use.
I hope this article helps you find the best printer for home use in India which you can check out, and make your decision to buy one for your house.
Choosing a multi-function printer for home use is what I would recommend as one gadget solves multiple purposes.
If there are any confusions, do write in the comments.