It is undoubtedly understood that you got allured by this topic as a result of your eagerness to know more about the tool that you would be making use of, in case you have decided to take up photography. CAMERA – the integral part of any and every photographer’s life however it is used not only by professionals but a camera is required on a personal front as well.
In this blog post, I am going listbut before we move on the list let’s talk a bit about DSRL Cameras.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a DSLR?
- 2 How is it different from a digital camera?
- 3 Uses of DSLR camera
- 4 Best DSLR Cameras Under 20000
- 5 Best DSLR Cameras Under 25000
- 6 Best DSLR Cameras Under 30000
- 7 Best DSLR Cameras Under 40000
- 8 Conclusion
Whenever any decision is to be taken, then our mind is bombarded with numerous questions, and we end up getting confused rather than reaching a desirable conclusion. It is always preferable to do your homework well in advance before investing in a good camera. The first and foremost of all is to accept the fact that expensive is not always good. The best for you is the one that suits your need the best.
If you are a pro then the things smoothen a bit but for beginners, the struggle goes on in their minds with questions like:
Which camera should I buy?
What’s the best DSLR camera for beginners?
Why buy a DSLR over digital cameras?
Many such questions keep coming in mind!
Let me help you out in reaching a conclusion by throwing some light on the various aspects and factors to be considered while buying a DSLR camera for yourself.
DSLR is the new vogue. The majority of us have heard about it and the magic it does but do we actually know what actually is it?
A DSLR stands for Digital Single-Lens Reflex camera. It is a tool that combines the optics and mechanism of a single reflex camera with that of a digital camera as opposed to using a photographic film.
DSLR cameras are quite different from a normal digital camera. Here are a few differences below:
- Cost: DSLR cameras are 2-3 times more in price than a normal digital camera.
- Viewfinder: Rather than saying much about it, look at the graphic below to understand:
Photo Credit: dodography.com
- Photo Quality: DSLR cameras offer great quality photos. Even you capture the objects that are distant there won’t be any noise or grains like stuff. But, in the case of digital cameras, distant object photos may get some noise most of the times.
Click here to read more about the differences between DSLR and Normal Digital Cameras.
Still Want to buy Digital cameras? Check the list of best digital cameras here.
Why would anyone spend extra bucks to pick a DSLR over any other camera?
Is buying a DSLR a wise decision to make?
The questions can be many.
Here I would take you through the various aspects to enable you to evaluate and take the final call.
Whatever type of camera it is – one thing is for sure that the markets have been divided into multiple segments to attract increasingly more customers ranging from entry level to advanced professionals.
Let us have a brief look at the advantages a DSLR camera offers:
- A much better image quality
- Flexible controls according to the situation and user
- Choice of using variety of lenses in line with the needs
- Better sensitivity to light
- Use of lens rather than mirror to capture the image and so on
Living in a digital world makes it indispensable to adapt ourselves to the latest technologies and innovations to grow and survive; similar is the case with making use of a camera.
Now, you know the importance of DSLR camera; let’s have a look at the list of 12 best DSLR cameras in India.
|1. Canon EOS 1200D||18MP||Check Price|
|2. Nikon D3300||24.2MP||Check Price|
|3. Nikon D3200||24.2MP||Check Price|
|4. Nikon D5200||24.1MP||Check Price|
|6. Canon EOS 100D||18MP||Check Price|
|7. Nikon D3100||14.2||Check Price|
|8. Pentax K-500||16MP||Check Price|
|9. Canon EOS 700D||18MP||Check Price|
|10. Sony Alpha A58Y||20.1||Check Price|
|11. Nikon D5300||24.2||Check Price|
|12. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300||12.1MP||Check Price
|13. Sony Alpha A58K||20.1||Check Price|
If the budget is limited, then the best DSLR cameras under 20000 include Canon EOS 1200D that is unquestionably the best buy for you. It is a digital single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera with built-in flash that offers a complete package at an affordable price.
- It comes with 18MP APS-C size CMOS image sensor that gives high-performance DIGIC 4 Image Processor to ensure outstanding speed and quality.
- 3-inch large screen LCD monitor.
- Standard ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) to shoot from bright light to dim
- EOS Full HD Movie mode for helping to capture bright results
- SD Memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- 22.3 x 14.9mm image sensor size
- It comes with Single shooting, Continuous shooting, and Self-timer with 10 second or 2-second delay and 10-second delay in the continuous shooting mode
- 9-point AF system that includes one center cross-type AF point and AI Servo AF – assists in providing essential options for impressive autofocus performance and precise outcomes
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode assists in delivering skillfully optimized images and offers superior scene detection for remarkable results while shooting at night
This is truly one of the best DSLR cameras under 20000 that can let you try your hands on photography with ease.
If your intentions are to buy one of the best DSLR cameras under 25000 then here are a few I have listed:
Nikon, a trusted brand for long has a lot to offer as far as the DSLR segment is concerned. Nikon D3300 is one such model that would suffice your purpose in multiple ways.
- Features a 24.2-effective megapixel, the full-colour RGB metering sensor and Nikon’s Scene Recognition System
- Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Full-color RGB metering sensor
- Nikon’s scene recognition system
- ISO range has been extended (100 – 12800) to bout the camera’s acute portability to be able to capture extraordinary images with excellent noise suppression capability
- 5-centimeters (3-inch), approximate 921k-dot (VGA) TFT LCD, 5 frames per second (fps) shooting speed with the bright 0.85x viewfinder will help you capture superb photos all the time
- Full HD movie recording with 1080/60p support allows capturing moving images
Overall, Nikon D3300 is a good buy to be considered within the 25000 thresholds.
You would be lucky if you can understand and compare the features and specifications of the DSLR cameras before buying them. I am focusing on making it easier for you – next in best DSLR cameras under 25000 comes Nikon D3200.
- 24.2 effective megapixels, Nikon-developed DX-format CMOS image sensor.
- EXPEED 3 Image-processing engine for high speed, multiple functions, and high performance.
- Wide ISO sensitivity range.
- The screen size of 3-inch eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder screen.
- High-performance noise-reduction function.
- EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover).
Compare before you make the final decision to invest your money in the right DSLR camera.
Don’t follow the trend, analyze your need, compare the cameras in your price range and then only make the best buy. Nikon D5200 is yet another good buy under 25000 category.
- 24.1 megapixel DX-format, best in the field sensor
- Powered with EXPEED 3 engine to enable you to just connect the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter and control remotely from an Android or iOS device
- Sensitivity ranges from ISO 100 to ISO 6400 with the best in class 39-point AF system for high-quality photos
- Live View mode for precise framing, Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder.
Nikon D5200 is yet another one to vouch upon under the 25000 price range.
For the pros or the ones who actually know how to handle the expensive ones then this category without a doubt has the best to offer. Let us have a look at the best DSLR cameras under 30000 below:
As we go up the price range, the options for the best DSLR cameras under 30000 increases, however, many are those that come with additional accessories already covered in the above sections. Canon EOS 100D is an incredible DSLR to serve your needs.
- Offers mesmerizing 18 MP images with a fully-featured, responsive
- Scene Intelligent Auto analyses the surroundings and selects the optimal camera settings
- An optical viewfinder or a large Clear View LCD
- Continuous focusing for shooting Full-HD movies with Hybrid CMOS AF II
- Be creative with creative filters, Extra Effect Shot that is capable of capturing a filtered and unfiltered shot together
- Ensures perfectly exposed photos in all lighting situations
- To help you learn, it comes with On camera guide
- Stunning 1080p movies
Another one to fall as among the best DSLR cameras under 30000 category is Nikon D3100. Don’t just buy anyone from the best; compare and check what suits you the best.
- 14.2-Mega pixels
- Allows capturing HD images exhibiting superior image quality
- EXPEED 2 image-processing engine to maximize the performance of the CMOS image sensor
- Standard sensitivity settings up to ISO 3200 (D3000: ISO 100-1600) that can be increased up to Hi 2 (ISO 12800 equivalent)
- 3-inch monitor, 230,000-dot, low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD
- HD-Movie Mode for recording and editing full-HD movies along with AF-F (full-time servo AF) focus mode for movie recording.
The next one to be listed under this category is the Pentax K-500; the features and specifications are as below:
- 16 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor to strike the perfect balance between resolution and image quality with ease
- ISO Speeds up to 51200 to enhance noise performance
- Eye-Fi Card Compatibility with Eye-Fi wireless SD cards to enable user to send photos to a smartphone
- Innovative In-body Shake Reduction (SR) Mechanism.
- Full 1080p h.264 HD video recording captured at 30 frames per second (60 FPS for 720p).
Moving to the next category in terms of price is the best DSLR cameras under 40000 wherein you would find products.
Yet another one from Canon in the best DSLR cameras under 40000 segment is the Canon EOS 700D. Eager to know more about it, here we go.
- 18 megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- 9-point all cross type AF system
- 14-bit A/D conversion
- EOS full HD movie mode
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600)
- Vari-angle touch screen 3-inch clear view LCD monitor II.
The first one from Sony in the list is here under the under 40000 price range i.e. Sony Alpha A58Y; let us have a look at the specifications.
- 20.1 megapixels
- Wide-Ranging ISO 100-16000 sensitivity to capture stunning images with natural tonal gradations
- Clear Image Zoom making use of proprietary By Pixel Super Resolution Technology that zooms the center of the image to up to 2x without reducing the pixel count
- D-Range Optimizer (DRO) analyses and corrects your image automatically
- Full-time Continuous AF and 8 FPS Continuous Shooting
- HDMI Terminal to link your camera to HD TV
- 460,800-dot, 2.7-type Tiltable LCD Screen
- Multi-Frame NR (Noise Reduction) α58 to make shooting in low-light surroundings easy, by shooting six images and compositing them to achieve noise reduction equivalent to a 2-stop lower shutter speed
- Sweep Panorama
Have you stopped here considering to buy this one; there are few more to go.
Nikon D5300 comes next offering the best of the features and specifications to suit the needs of many.
- 24.2 effective megapixels
- EXPEED 4 processor
- 5 x 15.6 mm DX-format CMOS sensor
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) movie, frame rate selectable from 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- 2-inch LCD vari-angle monitor
- 2-million pixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- Built-in Wi-Fi for transmitting high-quality images to a smart device
- Store location data along with images using Built-in GPS
- 1037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor with wide viewing angle display
- EXPEED 4 Image Processing Engine.
First one from Panasonic in the upper-end price range category is Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300; here are the features and specifications.
- 12.1 MP 1/2.3″ MOS Sensor, along with Venus Engine Image Processor,
- Records 4K UHD videos at 30 fps
- 0″ 1.04m-Dot Free Touchscreen for viewing
- Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity,
- ISO 6400, 12 fps Shooting, 4K Photo Mode, 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+, DFD AF System
- 25-600mm LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens features full-range F2.8
- High Speed Auto Focusing with DFD Technology
- 0-inch Free-angle, Touch Panel Rear
- 5-axis Correction / Tilt Correction
The next one that follows is Sony Alpha A58K with the following features and specifications.
- 20.1 megapixel Camera featuring 2.7″ TFT Clear Photo LCD (460,800 pixels)
- Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- HDMI Terminal
- Full-time Continuous Auto Focus and 8 FPS Continuous Shooting
- Multi-Frame NR (Noise Reduction) α58
- 7-type screen displays 460,800-dot resolution.
The decision to buy is always tough however the right approach to identify, compare and analyze do the magic for you so do a thorough research prior to spending your money in buying the best DSLR camera.
Hope this list of best DSLR camera in India in different price range would be helpful for you.
- Featured image credit – Pexels
- Product images are taken from the corresponding product pages of Amazon.in