Blogging has been one of the trending topics in this decade, and it seems to be evolving more than ever. You can see a multitude of different styles of blogging today, including video blogging. Despite the introduction of new types of blogging, the classic Moreover, the classic text-based blogging is still a tried a true favourite of many people.
Table of Contents
Starting a blog has a lot of benefits both at personal and professional level. Professionally, a blog can allow you to connect with your clients and interact with them. Personally, a blog can help you to build a community and allow you to express yourself to the world.
In this blog post, I am going to talk about the benefits of starting your own blog, then will introduce you to a great platform that you can use to do so! The Wix Blog helps you create a blog in just a matter of few minutes.
The best benefit of blogging is that you can improve your writing skills. I have been blogging for more than 8 years now, and I still remember those days when I struggled to write articles of 300 words length. I struggled to find words and forming sentences. But, as I started my own blog, I tried to write better every single day. Gradually, I somehow improved my writing skills. At least, better than before. I know there is still a lot of room for improvement, but that will happen with time.
So, the best benefit is that you can improve your writing skills and that can help you everywhere in life whether you have to write a professional email or to write an apology letter or an application or even a letter to your girlfriend, you will be able to write all of them quite well.
When you start your blog and start working on it consistently, you gradually connect with many bloggers and marketers on social media for various business opportunities and networking. Also, when you blog well and share some great advice and information, you get many followers as well. A quality blog can help you significantly with building your online presence.
If you also blog for your business, then every boost in your online presence can help also help your business a lot. So, starting a blog helps you improve your overall presence online which can help you to market your business quite effectively.
When you are running a business, you must have a website for it, which must be updated regularly; because business websites are generally static, that stops the growth of the website organically in search engines. Therefore, starting a blog integrated to the business website help increase search ranking of the website overall because when you start the blog, the website starts getting regularly updated that helps it grow well, and improve the SERP positions.
As you start your own blog integrated into your business website, you can directly talk to your customers through blog posts, and discuss things using the comment section. These all help you understand your customers more closely that help you design products or improve the existing products as per their requirement and something that fits well for your customers.
“A business gets success if you understand your customers.”
Starting a blog allows you to establish yourself as an expert in your field. All you need to do is to work consistently and share content that helps people solve their issues. When you are an expert, you can launch different products or start a business, and you will find your business starts out quite well due to your popularity as an expert.
There are a huge number of benefits of starting your own blog; I have just mentioned 5 out of them.
To start a blog, you have to set up the blog, which you can do using various free or premium blogging platforms. There are great blogging platforms out there that you can try out, such as the Wix blog, which offers you simple drag and drop DIY tools to create a blog in no time, and start publishing after 2 minutes of setting up. Moreover, for better customization, you may spend the time to make your blog look good.
When you create a blog using Wix, you are given a lot of tools that can you make your work easier for you, and help you to add different sections to your blog.
- Mobile Responsive: Ever since Google started giving more preference to responsive websites in the mobile search, having a responsive site is important for better ranking on mobiles. Therefore, the website templates or blog templates Wix offers are all mobile responsive.
- Search Feature: A search box is very important for the readers to search some specific content on the blog. You can add a search box to the blog just by drag & drop.
- Multi-author features: A blog can have multiple author or contributors. Wix blog offers you the feature of adding multiple authors on Wix powered blog.
- Separate Members page: Many times as a reader we would love to see the contributors or team members of a blog. That is the reason Wix offers a members page which you can drag and drop to add.
- Profile Page: Each member can have their own profile page and can customize as per their need.
- Rich text Editor: A blog needs a good content editor so that you can easily format and style your content. Wix offers a rich text editor with lots of options available that make your work quite easy for styling your blog content.
- Hashtag: Hashtags is still the trend and this is a new way of finding specific types of information. In the blog posts, you can add hashtags to increase your social reach and help readers find more content that they want to read.
- Social Features: There is a long list of social features that you have on the blog such as readers can like your posts, comment in text, image or video format, share posts on different social sites, etc.
- Easy Media Embed: In the blog post editor, you can easily add images and videos along with text content. Experiment with adding video blogs!
- Free/ Premium: If you want, you can keep your blog on a free plan, you will get the blog address on a subdomain such as wix.com, or if you want to go for a premium, you can connect your self-domain to this blog, and the blog will have own address such as example.com
To be honest, I am not a big fan of different website builders since WordPress does it all for me, but the Wix blog is quite advanced and makes things so easy that even a newbie can create a blog and manage it without too much hassle. Those who are little unsure about the complexities of WordPress should choose Wix for creating their blog since management is quite easy. There are tutorials available in their knowledge base, which you can read when there is a need. Moreover, you can contact their customer support for getting help as well.
Among the hundreds of website builders, Wix has its own name in the industry at the top. Whether you want to create a blog or an online store, or an information-based website or literally any type of website, you can create it using the Wix website builder.