Internet Marketing consists of Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing and Content Marketing. Among these parts of Internet Marketing; Social Media Marketing is the most intoxicating tool that supports all other marketing tactic to grow your business in an efficient manner. Before our discussing on core part of Social Media Marketing; let’s discuss how other Internet marketing practices are interrelated to Social media marketing.
Social media marketing that exactly called as Social media optimization and it is abbreviated as SMO. In our general tone, we might say- Social media optimization talks about intensive use of social media communities or platforms to create awareness, buzz and publicity about your brand or product or services. Social media optimization and search engine optimization both have same motive that is to drive traffic to your online stuff like blogs or websites. But social media optimization is related to sharing your stuff on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google +, RSS feeds and Social Bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious, etc. If someone bookmarks your content on social bookmarking or social media sites then you get links from those social media site in search results that combined process is called social media optimization for search engine.
Earlier social media optimization was meant for driving traffic only but now days it helps to increase your search results and helps in search engine marketing. You can engage your followers on business fan page by creating events, campaign, discussion, photo tagging, video sharing, etc. It helps you to get more number of subscribers for Email Marketing and referral customers for Affiliate Marketing. So you got importance of social media marketing in terms of social media optimization. Now let’s take a look on most worthy tips on Social Media Marketing:
Facebook is the world’s leading social media site having more than 400 million users; it seems like a big nation. It is an exceptional platform to market your products or services at low cost.
Firstly, create an account on Facebook along with your business fan page. Don’t ever put your profile picture on your business fan page; make a logo and upload your logo as fan page profile’s picture. You can also take major advantage of Facebook Cover picture. Here are some quick tips for Facebook Fan page:
- Frequently update your Facebook fan page after updating your blogs.
- Open option to share your content by everyone who liked your page.
- Fill Info menu with all details along with other social media profile like Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Engage your audience by conducting Question-Answer session.
- Start Giveaways, especially for your fan page likers.
- Always give replies to comments and likes on posts.
Twitter has grown faster in last two years. Twitter is nothing but micro blogging site that offers to tell your feelings in 160 charters. Let’s take a look on quick tips to handle twitter for your business:
- Create an account on Twitter with your brand name.
- Firstly, get maximum Twitter followers. Twiends is the best to get more number of twitter followers in less time. You need to follow others; they will follow you back.
- Make use of Hashtags, when you share something on Twitter.
- ReTweet others user status on twitter.
- Tweet your story on periodic interval of 30 minutes.
- TwitterFeed.Com offers automatic ReTweet among your followers.
LinkedIn is the only social media platform that connects world’s professionals together. LinkedIn have more than 50 million connections of professionals so it is one of the best way to tell about your stuff directly to targeted professionals in your industries. Let’s discuss some more quick tips to use LinkedIn for Social Media Marketing:
- Your LinkedIn profile must be completed to 100%.
- Your LinkedIn profile should be publicly visible.
- Endorse skills of other professionals in your connection.
- Participate in Question & Answer session on LinkedIn.
- You must have personal LinkedIn profile for your business.
- You can add other Social Media profile by using ‘Add an Application’ button.
- Integrate your blog post as well as Twitter feed with LinkedIn.
YouTube is another social media site, especially dedicated for videos or video marketing. YouTube is also best to get quality backlinks to your blog. Here are some quick tips to use YouTube for social media marketing:
- Firstly create your own channel by assigning your brand name.
- Add your blogs or website link to your profile.
- Set your account to automate sharing by changing Account settings to Activity Sharing.
- Your headline should be one of your keywords under your niche.
- Your headline should be catchy to get clicks.
- Don’t forget to add keyword tags for your videos.
- Write description about video with your keyword along with your blog URL.
- Make basic videos related to your niche; If possible interview biggies in your industry.
5. Business Blog
Blogs are another kind of social media marketing. Blog for your business is best idea to promote your products. Before that buy a domain name for your blog; I must suggest buying domain name based on your brand then choose best blogging platform; I might say WordPress.
Now build better blog by placing social media sharing buttons and update your blog regularly with unique and helpful content. Business blog helps you to make trust among customers.
6. Sharing is Caring
If you really care about your business then you must share other’s helpful stuff and like other’s fan page. By doing so it’ll also help you to get same from others to generate more traffic.
7. Do Comments & Join Conversation
To get more exposure; regularly comments on other blog’s post under your niche and don’t forget to participate in discussions on social media sites. Be sure, discussion should in your niche that leads you to get more customers.
Avinash Mishra is an Engineering Student,Owner of MakeMeNoise. He mainly writes about Make Money Online, SEO, Gadgets & Technology, Network & Security; Also he is interested in Documentary Film making, Painting, Social Work and Social Media..