If you are in business, then there is a lot of information and files that can use a lot of disk space in your computer. Sometimes, you realize that you don’t have enough disk space anymore to store your data. One solution to that is to buy a new storage device however it will only be filled in just a matter of time which will require you to buy a new storage device again. This could be very costly on your part.
There are various online storage service providers that will enable you to store data on their data centers. By hiring their services, your data storage space problems will be solved and you don’t have to trouble yourself of going to the store and finding an excellent quality of storage device.
Most Popular Online Storage Devices
1. SugarSync: SugarSync comes with an attractive interface and desktop client that is compatible with either Windows or Mac. Furthermore it is also compatible with mobile devices such as Blackberry, Windows mobile, Android, iPhone and iPad. It also allows you to share files through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. In addition to that features, SugarSync comes with a free 5GB of storage space.
2. Microsoft SkyDrive: This is one of the most concise and most popular cloud services that are provided by Microsoft. This service is in full integration with other Windows Live Services and comes with a free 25 GB storage space.
You don’t have to install a desktop client if you are planning to use Microsoft SkyDrive, you can gain access on it by using a web browser and once you have provided your Live ID password, you can store files on it by simply dragging files form your computer onto the web browser window. SkyDrive will also allow you to share your files to other people or make them private. Unlike other online storage services that don’t allow you to produce a duplicate of your file, SkyDrive allows you to edit your existing file or create a new document on the go.
The Only downside of this online storage service is that it has no synchronization capability. It only allows you to synchronize files up to 5 GB. Another disadvantage is that it lacks folder or directory upload support.
3. ADrive: if you are looking for a generous cloud service provider then you should choose ADrive. It is considered to be the most generous service provider since it offers 50 GB of storage space for free. It has FTP sharing and transfer options for your files and it supports directory uploads.
The only downside of ADrive is the appearance of the interface. It looks like an interface that is used several decades ago and lacks the modern styles that can be seen in other service providers.
4. StoreGate: StoreGate allows you to store documents, images, and files with a daily basis backup feature. It also offers a 1 GB of free space where you can store your valuable data and documents. With StoreGate, you can share or access the files that is shared to you through any devices form computers to mobile devices such as your mobile phone ‘
StoreGate is an excellent storage service provider since it can upload your files at an amazing speed. Another amazing capability of StoreGate is that it can provide backup to mobile contacts as well as mobile calendars.
5. DropBox: DropBox have existed for almost 13 years now and still one of the most favorite service providers of users. Therefore it can be concluded that DropBox is trustworthy.
DropBox can provide you a desktop client which you can install on your computer. Once it is installed, a folder will appear on your desktop window which will allow you to put all the files you want into it.
You are also allowed to share this folder with other mobile phones and computer and in case you have updated and information in the folder through your mobile it will instantly sync with your computer so that when you access the data again using your computer, you will have an updated version.
These are the some of the most common online storage service providers that can give solution to your storage space problems. By having them you will have the confidence that you will have enough storage space for your valuable data and documents that needs to be stored.
- Further Reading [Google Drive – Just Another Cloud Storage Service]
Guest post contributed by Kerby Smith, on behalf of FileTrek.com – a mobile content management and tracking solution provider that offer Collaborative Online Workspace and Mobile Workforce Management.